Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2015, 04:22 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Leader Squads using master set figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE-Mark View Post
[
One reason to group them on one card is so that they are always chosen together. A person can draft this one card instead of D9K and Zettians separately. Otherwise I agree it could work as 2 separate cards with champion bonding and two separate point values.
I'm just not really seeing why that's worth reinventing the wheel, especially since you'd have to find space for the leaders size and such on that one card. Seems like if that's such a dire concern that they aren't always drafted together you could just give one card some sort of 'can't be drafted unless you draft this guy' power or something. But it's your barbecue.

Quote:
Also, the range 7 bit needs to be from the attacking figure.
That's what I was suggesting, within 7 spaces of the attacking figure. Obviously they can't be within 7 space of the leader since he's dead. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
It triggers "when the leader unit is destroyed" regardless of how that came to be. The idea is that the squadies witnessed the sequence of events that perpetuated into the death of their leader, and immediately, before the attacking figure has a chance to defend themselves, cracks off a couple of shots. If he dies from a fall from height or something that doesn't have an "attacking figure" I suppose they don't shoot at anyone.
If it triggers whenever the leader is destroyed, the 'attacking figure' bits need to be changed, a lot of figures can destroy him without attacking.

I would word it like this

Immediately after (the leader) is destroyed by an opponent's figure, you may roll 2 attack dice for each (squad guy) within 7 spaces of that opponent's figure that has line of sight on that figure. For each skull rolled, you may inflict 1 wound on that opponent's figure.

That more-or-less matches up with the Frost Giant, it still has a lot of wonky interactions since it while trigger from leaving engagement attacks and all kinds of stuff, but it's workable.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I agree with the other comments that this is cleaner as two units and two army cards. It "feels wrong" that DW9K and a Zettian have the same base attack and defense, but more importantly I think you'll run into other difficulties as you carry out this strategy on the rest of your extra RotV figures. For example, are you sure you want a six-figure Viking squad with two built-in leaders?

If your main concern is guaranteeing that the leader and followers are drafted together, the bonding will surely do that for you — especially if these things remain Unique. The bonding itself will likely drive up their cost to the point where it would be silly to draft one without the other.

Having said that, indulge your creativity! That's what making individual customs is all about.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:49 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea, and don't really want to get into planning it out myself, but if some is willing to find a way to connect them besides a bonding I think it is a cool idea. Keep it up I want to keep in touch with this idea and see where it goes!

H E R O S C A P E
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:20 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

You could borrow the concept from the Special Attack power from the C3V "Microcorp Troopers"

HEAVY WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
Up to one Microcorp Trooper that was activated but did not move or attack normally this turn may attack with Heavy Weapon Special Attack.

Only a few of the figures for the Microcorp Troopers have heavy weapons like Machine Guns, Flamers, and Rocket Launchers. But even if you are down to one figure that has a 'rifle' you can still make a Special Attack. I assume this is a "use your imagination" like the Trooper throwing grenades.

Your Leader + 2 Squaddies can have average Range/Attack/Defense - but one of these Squad can launch a Special Attack. Maybe the Special Attack is more dice if the Leader figure is used.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...81#post1794881
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would also try some of this action.
Painting tutorial by @justjohn , it has loads of tips for beginning painters.
So you can learn to paint a touch better. Did you use spraypaint? this link should be helpful, you will love how much better they turn out, even with cheapy wal mart paints.
EDIT: you could also youtube it, just noticed that justjohns pictures in that thread are all expired.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards