Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 14th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Stryphe is surprisingly tart
Need a mean army

I have a game tomorrow, and I want to play an army that is mean and cruel to go up against.
It doesn't have to win, just hurt a lot.

I can put together almost any army, so anything goes.
500pts.
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Need a mean army

4th mass x5 + thorgrim/raelin Hmm.. Um, move out buff, then I guess, kill?
10th x 4 + nilfheim + Isamu 10th kill heroes, nilf kills squads. Isamu dances
King 'rig : Greenscales x2 + nilf + zelrig. This will be very painful to squad armies. Not so much heroes. Usually better to use the 'rig as the king.
Old October 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM

I just found out that the games tomorrow have been cancelled, but I still want some mean armies to think about for next time.

yamissflash, those are strong armies and are nice to play, but I'm looking for something downright mean.
Old October 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

dok's GenCon army is a pain to fight against:

Major Q9
Raelin
Death Reaversx3
Fen Hydra

Versatile and annoying.

If you're not worried about getting outranged, then Stingers still remain wicked:

Stingersx7
Raelin

Equally brutal against squad and heroes alike.

Old October 14th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Major Q9: 180
Raelin: 80
Thorgrim/Kelda: 80
Rats x4: 160
Total: 500pts, 20 hexes.
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM

imadragon *glass shatters*

I would do:

10th X 4
Marcus
Ralin
And both the 10 pt. ninjas for 500 pts 20 hexes.
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM

So far I haven't seen anything that I think of as particularly mean, just standard strong armies.

Does strong = mean to everyone but me?
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryphe View Post
Maybe you could be more clear about what you want, rather than needling the people who are trying to help you. "Mean" in this context is kind of vague, you know.

Thank the people who are trying to help you, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Does "mean" mean (lol) annoying, headache, or random extreme power?
Old October 15th, 2011, 09:11 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So far I haven't seen anything that I think of as particularly mean, just standard strong armies.

Alright, last try for me then.

IF you can get your opponent to run their favorite melee-only army, then give Firestorm a whirl:

Kurrock
Fire Elementalx10
and one Air or Water Elemental

If you don't consider three rounds of Searing Intensity per Order Marker mean when your opponent has no choice but to engage those FE's in order to get to Kurrock...

Old October 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:

My guess for "mean" was that it was both strong and infuriating. Hence my boosted-as-much-as-possible Q9 army (which I don't think is as strong as other similar armies that have at least one other way to do some serious damage). I think that rats are probably up among most people's most-annoying-to-play-against units (though not mine personally) and the 4th Mass xN, Stingers xN builds are, arguably, frustrating in their relentless lack of deviation from the same thing for the whole game.

What sort of thing do you find mean? (And why do you want to build such an army anyway?)

Last edited by ollie; October 15th, 2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Of course, you could also take the averages of perfomances of units from the armies-played thread to get a mean army.
Old October 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I've been up against things like this:

Sentinels x2
Raelin I
Kaemon Awa
Izumi Samurai
Marcu

for 500 points. That is incredibly mean. Start castling with the Sentinels, who are almost impossible to kill, especially with height advantage and jungle trees. Then use Kaemon Awa and hte Samurai later on. If Raelin is still alive, the defense bonus makes Counter Strike even nastier.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion