Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:58 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Just a little language adjaustment on this. I think you should be given the choice to remove the black powder marker. That way if you want to use this against a enemy figure who has friendly figures adjacent to it, you wont be forced to use the explosive effect. Thats why the you may remove it rather than just remove it. Also treid to make the wording a little more official.

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 8. Attack 2 + Special.
When William Garin attacks with his Savior Arrow Special Attack chose a figure, if there is a black powder marker on his Army Card, you may remove it to affect all figures adjacent to the defending figure. When rolling defense dice, all affected figures subtract one shield from whatever is rolled. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
Old July 27th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated wording indeed has the may clause.
For simplicity, the subtracting dice portion has been removed.

Motions to keep subtraction will be heard.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 27th, 2017, 02:05 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can do without the subtraction myself. Looking at any official card with a similar ability (Airborne elite, Shotgun Sullivan), there is no instance that I saw of mentioned subtracting shields.
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I can do without the subtraction myself. Looking at any official card with a similar ability (Airborne elite, Shotgun Sullivan), there is no instance that I saw of mentioned subtracting shields.
The closest I can think of offhand are the Knights of Valkril with their Soul Weapons subtracting dice.

The story behind the subtracting shields is in the meta. In the source material, the event hero is adjacent to a unique said that adds automatic shields. The shields are too much, until William's precise shooting and quick thinking bypasses the defense, effectively subtracting the additional shield added.

Old July 29th, 2017, 11:19 PM

GET THE BLACK POWDER
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.

SUN SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 8. Attack 3 + Special.
When attacking with William Garin's Sun Shot Special Attack, you may remove a black powder marker from this card. If you do, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the attack.

DEADLY TRICKSHOT
When William Garin rolls attack dice for a normal attack against a figure that isn't adjacent, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit. After the attack, William Garin may attack up to two additional times.

OK I think his powers are in order.

His sidebar is currently
HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
MERCENARY
ADAPTIVE
MEDIUM 5

His statbar is currently
LIFE 4
MOVE 5
RANGE 5
ATTACK 1
DEFENSE 4

POINTS 90

I think his Points need a serious looking at. He may even be as close as 120.

I encourage playtesting .

Old July 30th, 2017, 08:15 PM

Ok here is a card as is currently printed...also we need to get an official mini for this so I can make the hit zone.

Old July 30th, 2017, 11:24 PM

Playtest 1: Garin vs. Kaemon
Rolled 1 and got scared, but then realized I had not first rolled a 17.
Over extended and Kaemon chewed me up in melee.
Playtest 2: Garin vs. Kaemon
Never rolled 17 or higher.
Learned my lesson and kept distance. Got high ground and first shot was (1+1)*2 skulls vs his 0 shields for the lulz.
- allowed a mulligan; he blocked 3 and took one, second attack whiffed, and killed him on third.
Playtest 3: Garin vs. Kaemon
Never rolled 17 or higher.
Chewed Awa up.

Multiple attacks + height + doubling is nuts.
Clearly melee can pulp him, but he's worth more than 90. 110 Points at least.

rolling d-20 before turns is kinda awkward. I didn't test an alternative though.

Old July 31st, 2017, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Interesting card guys, from the looks of it, I'd go with @Confred on the increase in points. In the right setup on height this guys could chew up squads pretty well too. Especially with multiple attacks of double 2's. It looks very fun as well. Have you guys got a figure picked out yet?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 31st, 2017, 05:41 PM

no figure as of yet @TREX . But if worse comes to worse I figure we could use Brandis Skyhunter
Old August 1st, 2017, 08:19 AM

A fully optimized Garin is well over 200 Points.
From the wall, he potentially deals 18 damage.
(Kinda makes special attack silly)
Now, before we try to nerf him, in the source, he is a one-man massacre force, killing foes with each stroke that whole squads had trouble with - so his power level is actually on point.
We just need to get the "points" right.
I say we start at 140 and test from there.

In my four games played, the drawback didn't trigger once. That's the thing, however, that keeps his points down. You could very well lose him turn one.

Old August 1st, 2017, 10:58 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'm back from vacation so I can get back to helping. I really like how y'all have done with him.
Playtest 1
William Garin vs Syvarris
Garin rolled 18 on turn 1 (not usefully against 1 figure :P)
Syvarris took the game with 2 life due to superior range.

Playtest 2
Garin vs Syvarris
Smaller map
Garin never got the powder but rained down arrows with height. Garin wins with 1 life

Playtest 3
Garin vs Syvarris
Garin absolutely failed at close quarters combat against the elf. 2 attacks of 3 vs 1 attack of 3 spelled doom for Garin.

All in all, I don't see him as a character thatset best suited for single combat. His strength seems to lie in slaughtering squads. I'd say point wise roughly 110-120 due to usefulness against squads.
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I'm back from vacation so I can get back to helping. I really like how y'all have done with him.
Playtest 1
William Garin vs Syvarris
Garin rolled 18 on turn 1 (not usefully against 1 figure :P)
Syvarris took the game with 2 life due to superior range.

Playtest 2
Garin vs Syvarris
Smaller map
Garin never got the powder but rained down arrows with height. Garin wins with 1 life

Playtest 3
Garin vs Syvarris
Garin absolutely failed at close quarters combat against the elf. 2 attacks of 3 vs 1 attack of 3 spelled doom for Garin.

All in all, I don't see him as a character thatset best suited for single combat. His strength seems to lie in slaughtering squads. I'd say point wise roughly 110-120 due to usefulness against squads.
Good report.
Special Attack vs one target is +3 range. And it's good for getting rid of the reason to leave!

I've found that his multiple lives are best used for leaving engagements.

(I imagine his mercenary buddy granting disengage)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum