Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:04 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Weird to make unnecessary changes to turn off the nostalgia market when that’s pretty much the entire market so far.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:36 AM

Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness Silvershire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never interpreted the skull as a Marro face. I assumed it was just some Valhallan symbol since it also appears on the Glyph of Minotsoul, which is seemingly unrelated to the Marro.

That said, I welcome new dice. I already have a ton of regular dice from all the master sets, so dice with some different symbols would be a fun novelty.
Old October 24th, 2022, 08:36 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Weird to put a guy in charge of a nostalgia-driven campaign who personally has no nostalgia for the game.

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:40 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvershire View Post
I never interpreted the skull as a Marro face. I assumed it was just some Valhallan symbol since it also appears on the Glyph of Minotsoul, which is seemingly unrelated to the Marro.
I just interpreted it as a skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Weird to put a guy in charge of a nostalgia-driven campaign who personally has no nostalgia for the game.
Who's that?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 08:57 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Who's that?
I may be mixing up my people. Isn't the guy in charge the one named Encarmine? The bald white guy?
Old October 24th, 2022, 09:16 AM

I'm not 100% what "in charge" means in this context or what Encarmine's personal history with the game is, so I've got more questions for you than answers, I'm afraid.

Old October 24th, 2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I'm not 100% what "in charge" means in this context or what Encarmine's personal history with the game is, so I've got more questions for you than answers, I'm afraid.
If I'm not mistaken, Encarmine is the bald guy in the various videos we've been seeing who is the head of Avalon Hill (don't know his exact title). I believe he spoke in one of those video interviews about how he had not played Heroscape before this HasLab project. I also believe my morning coffee hasn't fully kicked in, so I may be way off base here.
Old October 24th, 2022, 09:33 AM

Gotcha. I'm familiar with Encarmine as a personality and I know he and that Patrick dude are the main two talking heads on the Avalon Hill Discord. I don't really know who gets to make what decisions, though or anything like that.

Some of the decisions have seemed pretty tone-deaf in regards to what a nostalgia community would want, so if what you're saying is true, I wouldn't be shocked.

I dunno. Starting to feel a lot like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I need to find a better use for my time.

Old October 24th, 2022, 09:53 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvershire View Post

That said, I welcome new dice. I already have a ton of regular dice from all the master sets, so dice with some different symbols would be a fun novelty.
This. I have hundreds of old dice. Would love some new designs.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Who's that?
I may be mixing up my people. Isn't the guy in charge the one named Encarmine? The bald white guy?
Chris Nadeau yes. He is the Senior Director, and Product Development Lead for Avalon Hill. He is in charge of every game they make. Should they only make games he has nostalgia for?

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 24th, 2022, 09:57 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Weird to make unnecessary changes to turn off the nostalgia market when that’s pretty much the entire market so far.
Its weird that they would even consider changing anything, much less devote time and money towards it. Every change is a jumping off point for someone and we need 8,000 nostalgic players who recognize this as the game they used to play.
Old October 24th, 2022, 10:01 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

I like the classic skull.....obviously

Change it? sure but I'd still like to see it as a skull of some kind.

What I don't want to see is crossed swords like AotP

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 24th, 2022 at 10:04 AM. Reason: no one can hear when you're Screaming in Digital
Old October 24th, 2022, 10:03 AM

I just worry that @allskulls would have to change his name to Allswords or something.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion