Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Eowyn

"He tasks me."
--Ricardo Montalban in The Wrath of Khan
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:13 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"He tasks me."
He does indeed.

Thanks for the link White Knight, but I was thinking about the actual Balrog mini from the LotR game, although that D&D Balor mini is a pretty good substitute. The unpainted part means I probably won't ever pick one up to incorporate into my own games, but I'll probably treat the Balrog as a custom request I'll get to one day.
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
"He tasks me."
He does indeed.

Thanks for the link White Knight, but I was thinking about the actual Balrog mini from the LotR game, although that D&D Balor mini is a pretty good substitute. The unpainted part means I probably won't ever pick one up to incorporate into my own games, but I'll probably treat the Balrog as a custom request I'll get to one day.
You can get them painted--Cool Stuff Inc has them for $33.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I love the GW Balrog. And it wasn't too difficult to paint since it's basically all black. You can see some small pictures of mine here:

http://www.meleewizards.com/scenarios_bridge.html

(Scroll down to see them, custom board, Melee/Wizard rules.)
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Wow, really awesome stuff Grishnakh!
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:45 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I love the GW Balrog. And it wasn't too difficult to paint since it's basically all black. You can see some small pictures of mine here:

http://www.meleewizards.com/scenarios_bridge.html

(Scroll down to see them, custom board, Melee/Wizard rules.)
That's really cool. Someday I really need to go and learn that Melee/Wizards system.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:29 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman's Lord of the Rings customs: Lothlorien Archers

I got to meet fellow 'Scaper johngee this past weekend at Islandscape 2014, and he requested a common version of my Lothlorien Archers card, so here it is:

At first I considered dropping Double Attack entirely because of its potential on a common ranged squad, but I decided to keep it and drop their Defense relative to the unique version. Their cost is still high enough to keep them from being a horde army in most games, which I think is appropriate because the Elves of Middle Earth are supposed to be a dwindling species with a small population.
Old July 21st, 2014, 03:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice customs. I got a bunch of Hobbit/Lotr clix for cheap, using as proxies now, but might try some of your cards. Your Lothlorien Archers Unique squad is similar to my Wood Eladrin but yours has one more range and defense and mine has some defensive bonuses against range.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:13 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
I got to meet fellow 'Scaper johngee this past weekend at Islandscape 2014, and he requested a common version of my Lothlorien Archers card, so here it is:
@ Sherman Davies ~

...thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU. You even remembered before I had a chance to remind you. I don't know when I will ever break my LOTR TMG collection out of storage, maybe when you take a trip "down the shore" to visit me (I'm halfway between AC and WW), but when I do I will probably switch to the simpler HeroScape mechanics. And knowing that the Lo Elf Archers were a unique squad was always a sore spot with me because I like to play large "themed armies" (i.e. 1,000 points of Lothloriens, etc. vs. Orks or Goblins, etc.).

Double Attack with only two dice each time is nice, but not over powering and only two defense dice still makes them fragile enough to be vulnerable to most opponents. 120 Point Cost still seems high, but keeps them in the relative range of other comparable units. Now that they are "Common" I can put all six squads on to a table.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:44 PM

You're welcome, johngee.

Lefton4ya, that's an interesting custom; I don't think I've ever seen a Heroscape custom that uses actual Heroscape figures before. Cool idea.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

We loves Elves. Yesss, we does... When properly cooked, Precious!
Old July 23rd, 2014, 01:38 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Lefton4ya, that's an interesting custom; I don't think I've ever seen a Heroscape custom that uses actual Heroscape figures before. Cool idea.
Well then here's an interesting idea for you think about ( but of course I don't have a stat card for it because I'm a technophobe ): I was wondering about what could be done with all of these extra Abominations that I have from multiple Marvel Sets... so what if four of them became a custom squad with similar Life, Move, Attack, Defense to the Heavy Grut Orks, except that they bond with the Sahuagin Raiders. Then throw in that fishy looking Pathfinder figure as a War Lord that can activate multiple Raiders in the way that Kato Katsuro does the Samurai and you've got a new powerful force to be reckoned with and the S.R.'s are no longer just a 25 pt. filler unit.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards