Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Champion for a Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
In France someone won a tournament with:
3xAnubians Wolves 225
Khosumeth 75
Q9 180
For 480 points here are the results: http://forum.heroscape.free.fr/phpBB...pic.php?t=3126
Excellent!

Added.
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Don't forget the winning army from yesterday, if htere's anything new to add to the list.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Don't forget the winning army from yesterday, if htere's anything new to add to the list.
I don't think that the Battle at the Border scenario format should count as generating winning units.

NYYS was the winning player but with all the different units coming as part of the scenarios and the fact that only a small fraction of your pool was used in most of the games, I don't think that a unit can be claimed as a winning one.
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

I won Richardson Open yesterday with 7xVenocs, Mittens, and a Hydra.

You can scratch Venoc Vipers off the never won list.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Does an "Embrace the Suck" tourney count? I think I remember the shades winning at a C+ or worse tourney in Dayton a couple of years ago. I'd have to look it up...

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Given that pooled draft tournaments don't count, I think a C+ tournament probably doesn't, either.

Congrats on the win, Rÿchean!
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Given that pooled draft tournaments don't count, I think a C+ tournament probably doesn't, either.

Congrats on the win, Rÿchean!
I was wrong anyway...that army came in second. It makes sense to leave out C+ nevertheless.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
I won Richardson Open yesterday with 7xVenocs, Mittens, and a Hydra.

You can scratch Venoc Vipers off the never won list.
YES!!!!

Is there a report somewhere? I'd love to read about what armies you beat and how.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

There is no report, I gave that up. But in a nutshell: Lost to steamroller; defeated Deathchasers/Nerak/Warhulk; WF/Harquebus/Raelin; Moltenclaw/Divider; Minion/Raelin

....and we were using a restricted list. Nothing was banned but most high end "A" units could not be played together.

So No heavy/Grimank or Gilbert/knights or Raelin/q9...etc..armies.

Maybe it shouldn't count?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Does an "Embrace the Suck" tourney count? I think I remember the shades winning at a C+ or worse tourney in Dayton a couple of years ago. I'd have to look it up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Maybe it shouldn't count?
This list is format-neutral, Rÿchean, with an exception (as I understand it, anyway) only for drafts, where the unit goes in and out of a pool without necessarily appearing on the board.

I don't think grade-restricted formats should be left off, by which I mean, if they are then I'm not sure what value this list would have.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I guess it's a sniff-test thing. I definitely think Rÿchean's win should count. I mean, 4thx5+Drake was a legal build at that event. The restrictions took a couple builds off the table but there was plenty to choose from. I think a "B" or lower event still makes the grade for me, too.

But a C+ or lower event... I dunno. For me, personally, somewhere around B- or C+, it starts to get a little too restricted to really feel like it's representative of the tournament scene as a whole. If we include those, then I'd argue we should include figures that were used for at least one game by the winning army in draft formats. (In that case, I've won an event with Skahen.) After all, the typical draft game has plenty of figures ranked higher than that.

If only Devil's Advocate were here to tell us what to do...
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think Rÿchean's is fine, but Embrace the Suck isn't for this list.

I could have a tourney that only allows Obsidian Guards. I wonder who wound win?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion