Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 31st, 2024, 06:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Hooray for Grace! Truth is stranger than fiction!

I think one of the male Asian pirates in the 19th Century actually ran Taiwan at one point, until he ran afoul of some of the more powerful local area rulers.

We're still using the snow map first, right?

Remind me why you're not allowing AOA. TD might have been denying it because he didn't want any duplication in the pods (and I'm the only one who has proxies for them all, although TD has some figures himself). It will probably be quite a while until the new official AOA versions are made available later this year, even if we can preorder some of them on March 1.
Old January 31st, 2024, 06:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Remind me why you're not allowing AOA. TD might have been denying it because he didn't want any duplication in the pods (and I'm the only one who has proxies for them all, although TD has some figures himself). It will probably be quite a while until the new official AOA versions are made available later this year, even if we can preorder some of them on March 1.
AoA doesn't exist for the SoV until anointed by Renegade is my understanding. This is a test to prepare Captain Xue for submission, as well as just honing her playability.

P.S.: And yes, we're still playing on

Old February 1st, 2024, 05:41 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Happy birthday yesterday to @Sherman Davies !

Old February 1st, 2024, 09:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Definitely all the best to one of my most constant gaming buds! its always great to have you over here for your enthusiam and input on Scape and other games.
Old February 1st, 2024, 11:12 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Belatedly:

Happy birthday, Sherman!

Old February 1st, 2024, 07:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Thanks guys, for being the best group of 'Scapers a guy could ask for.

Old February 1st, 2024, 11:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Happy Belated Birthday Sherman. It must be nice to still be 29 years old.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 12:09 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Happy belated birthday, Sherman!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old February 2nd, 2024, 08:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Sherman. It must be nice to still be 29 years old.
Thanks, getting frozen in a block of ice for decades helps.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 08:22 PM

Well met!

A little PMing with Dad_Scaper and we have come up with this:

Valeros, Human Fighter
Pathfinder's Iconic Heroes Evolved

RAVENWOLF
General: Einar
Human, Unique Hero, Rogue, Disciplined, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 4, Defense 4

DISGRACED WARLORD
If there is at least 1 Warlord in your army and 1 is destroyed, Ravenwolf becomes a Warlord, in addition to his current Class.

BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, add 7 to his roll in Master at Arms and he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

MASTER AT ARMS
When Ravenwolf rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Ravenwolf rolls attack dice, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

Dad_Scaper convinced me to make Disgraced Warlord a real power. (Me-Burq-Sa is so fragile, heh, heh.) And to exponentially strengthen Bash and Slash - and the whole design, for that matter. Suggests interesting things for a Romans/Rogue army. Very excited about this!

Putting Captain Xue on the back burner for the moment and shifting the focus of testing to Ravenwolf.

The Dirty Dozen Freeze!

Map. Mt. Thaelink’s Saddle V.2 by Nomad. Replace Power Glyphs with Brandar’s Chests. Expand Start Zones. [My tentative army for March fills 23 spaces.]

Blizzard Conditions. Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice rules in effect.

Armies. Team game. 600 points/player. Classic, C3V, SoV, allowed; no AoA or Marvel. Armies. Team game. 600 points/player, filling no more than 12 spaces. chas' protocols in effect.

Victory Conditions. After ten Rounds, the team that destroyed the most figures wins. In case of a tie, the team possessing the most Brandar's Chests wins. If both teams possess the same number of Brandar's Chests, the game is considered drawn.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 12th, 2024 at 11:31 PM.
Old February 4th, 2024, 01:22 AM

Is there now a 24 space Army limit? I'd guess yes.

To me, this considerably lessens the creative fun of the scenario, and now have to change the name.

This being the case, I'd prefer you not use our regular monthly game for a "test" scenario like this; you can do it on your/our own time. I'll only allow you to test a new figure if the monthly game is still lots of fun for the rest of us, okay? Seems fair.
Old February 4th, 2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Is there now a 24 space Army limit? I'd guess yes.

To me, this considerably lessens the creative fun of the scenario, and now have to change the name.

This being the case, I'd prefer you not use our regular monthly game for a "test" scenario like this; you can do it on your/our own time. I'll only allow you to test a new figure if the monthly game is still lots of fun for the rest of us, okay? Seems fair.
I take your point. "600 points/player, filling no more than 12 spaces." Created a 12-space Ravenwolf army already - just not a Roman one. Remember: "Received some really good advice - namely that using figures in the victory conditions the way I proposed doesn't work." ~ kolakoski "After ten Rounds, the team that destroyed the most points wins."

Valeros, Human Fighter
Pathfinder's Iconic Heroes Evolved

RAVENWOLF
General: Einar
Human, Unique Hero, Rogue, Disciplined, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 4, Defense 4

DISGRACED WARLORD
If there is at least 1 Warlord in your army and 1 is destroyed, Ravenwolf becomes a Warlord, in addition to his current Class.

BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, add 7 to his roll in Master at Arms and he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

MASTER AT ARMS
When Ravenwolf rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Ravenwolf rolls attack dice, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.

The Dirty Dozen Freeze!

Map. Mt. Thaelink’s Saddle V.2 by Nomad. Replace Power Glyphs with Brandar’s Chests. Expand Start Zones.

Blizzard Conditions. Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice rules in effect.

Armies. Team game. 600 points/player. Classic, C3V, SoV, allowed; no AoA or Marvel. Armies. Team game. 600 points/player, filling no more than 12 spaces. chas' protocols in effect.

Victory Conditions. After ten Rounds, the team that destroyed the most points wins. In case of a tie, the team possessing the most Brandar's Chests wins. If both teams possess the same number of Brandar's Chests, the game is considered drawn.

P.S.: @chas, @Taeblewalker , @Sherman Davies , @ThrasherDarkrai , I regret any loss of "fun for the rest of us." Please let me know what you think.

P.P.S.: The evolutions of Captain Xue and Ravenwolf are different. I've been searching for the right formula for Captain Xue, and our February game will help, but something is still missing, even for casual play. Ravenwolf, however, appears to be near ready for SoV as is - except for price. Even without Disgraced Warlord, he looks to be fun and present a fascinating combination of opportunities and challenges. Looking forward to March's game (as well as, of course, February's). Captain Xue's Hand Cannon and Captain's Courage are, of course, precursors of Bash and Slash and Master of Arms and their testing will give us knowledge about how those powers play.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 4th, 2024 at 11:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion