Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 13th, 2016, 12:38 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Prince Ahmed
His value is linked to the treasure glyphs but he's not terribly impressive as a frontliner. Command of the Prince helps you keep him close for an extra attack if you want (essentially giving you short range bonding once a round). I'd be tempted to use him pretty aggressively to get him killed and free his treasure glyph for one of my more important heroes. I really like the idea of Diplomacy for a multiplayer match up in particular. I like the idea of having an extra power that you can bargain with in those scenarios. Even one-on-one, it can be useful for helping you set up some key initiative switches. Cool hero.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:37 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks @Ixe !

OK so here's a couple from my "Tales Come To Life" series. This time we're going into the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

Leopold Van Nessing ¤. Lovecraftian Investigator of Eldritch Horrors. 95 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Hound of Tindalos ¤. Once it has marked you, you cannot hide! A creature straight out of Lovecraft. 100 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:06 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Leopold Van Nessing
Your power names are a little much sometimes ; ). The Madness power is interesting where sometimes I actually want to take the wound and get the bonus (very often, actually). The only way I could see myself throwing the turn is if I was actually about to die. I'm really not sure if it's a necessary choice given how unlikely the roll is in the first place. The Relic power is straightforward and his sword gives him a bit more punch but he's a pretty poor shadow of Van Nessing for only 10 fewer points. Van Nessing's true strength is that you can get an extra turn out of him. When you factor in generally better powers and stats to boot, I have a hard time seeing myself picking Leopold of the two. Of course if you get both, they really give d20 dependent undead a bad time.

Hound of Tindalos

I really like this guy. He's nicely maneuverable to get around the enemy and go right for his quarry. I think +3 attack dice is sufficient since 6 attack can be plenty frightening when brought to bear on a key figure like Raelin. The time power is interesting since it's like getting a free turn with the hound and adds to the theme and tension of slowly stalking your prey. While bonding with your hunters could help, the group of them would be pretty vulnerable with shallow board presence. I really like the idea of him instead creeping up behind your army and pouncing when the moment is right. Very cool!
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Leopold looks like he could be awesome - emphasis on the could. I wish that In the Clutch of a Stark and Hideous Madness (which yeah, is a tad much, but I still love the name. If you wanted it cleaner, perhaps just Stark and Hideous Madness?) was more likely to trigger, because that feels like the most interesting part of the design, but one that has a good chance of not even triggering once before he dies because of how unlikely it is. I really like the tension of the choice there, but wish you had to make it more often.

The Hound of Tindalos looks really cool, though - no suggestions here, it's just good.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2016, 12:34 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

IshMEL - your customs are always loaded with theme and creativity - and the Hound is just perfect for capturing the Lovecraftian fiction and flavor. Wow. Amazing stuff! The Elder Gods are pleased, thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Hound of Tindalos
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:14 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions! @Ixe @Lazy Orang -- I'm going to change the odds on Stark Raving Bonkers -- do you think 1-5 would do, or is that still too low?
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

25% chance is probably enough, I'd say.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
25% chance is probably enough, I'd say.
OK! I've updated him with the new odds and the shortened power name. Thanks for the suggestion.

Today I present you with some cheap Wizards!

I posted an earlier version of Gryphon with a much more complicated invisibility ruleset that involved him being discovered if making tracks in snow or water... but not sand. Really, I have to stop myself. This is nice and simple, and I think he'll make for a good filler / cleanup unit.

I think I posted Iroth before... that's Definitely Not A Lightsaber! No, it's a Staff of Arcane Energy! Look at it crackle with, um, arcane energy! Anyway, I'm not sure if you'd take him over Arkmer. In Iroth's case, you need adjacent Wizards for attack instead of defense. He'll probably die anyway, so why not go out screaming with a Foolhardy Charge? At least that could be fun.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old December 18th, 2016, 09:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I posted an earlier version of Gryphon with a much more complicated invisibility ruleset that involved him being discovered if making tracks in snow or water... but not sand. Really, I have to stop myself. This is nice and simple, and I think he'll make for a good filler / cleanup unit.
A great instinct, and not one shared by every customs designer. I like the prolific streak you're on - keep it up!
Old December 19th, 2016, 02:53 PM

Gryphon
I like the nice, simple power-set for this invisible wizard. He can pack a nice punch if your opponent ignores him but otherwise works for filler. I always appreciate simplicity taking precedence over thematic nuance. I would say 20 points seems even a little low given his immunity to range but he dies pretty much immediately if attacked in melee and his offense is pretty weak to boot.

Iroth
I think I'd take Arkmer over him for elven wizards but he'd get the nod for humans. Engagement Strike is probably better to stop getting hit in the first place than Staff of Arcane Energy and Arkmer's base attack is as good as Iroth's when he has two wizards on hand. Foolhardy Charge is probably challenging to even use once but it looks like it can give you a solid boost. If I needed it, I don't think I'd balk at having him charge to his own death. Oddly enough, assuming I had him adjacent to wizards in the first place, I doubt I'd actually move him for his charge. He has range so I'd just use him for the attack of 6 and keep him planted.
Old December 20th, 2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
A great instinct, and not one shared by every customs designer. I like the prolific streak you're on - keep it up!
Thanks! By the way I updated my versions of your Invisible Woman and Dr. Octopus cards based on your lava update.

And new to the lineup: Luke Cage!

Spoiler Alert!

OK, so back in Valhalla, a new dwarf. Well, he's old, I posted him here before, but the card is new at least:

Spoiler Alert!

And here's another Wizard I've been working on:

Spoiler Alert!

I think the mechanic for Arcane Exchange works? I wanted to play around with a different kind of protective aura, and Arcane Riposte was an inspiration for this. What I don't know (until testing) is if the ability to redirect wounds is over the top. She could auto-destroy Deathwalkers, use wounds to beef up Krug, and probably other things I'm not thinking of yet. Of course, the probabilities can be easily tweaked so the wounds are more likely to land on her card than elsewhere.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old December 20th, 2016, 08:54 PM

Sveela
This one seems pretty dangerous. The stats aren't particularly remarkable and Countermagic is gives some fun, mostly thematic counter play to other wizards but Arcane Exchange is the one that I'm really worried about. I'd say it's more manageable since you're only taking one wound, which means a strong hero can still kill something if they roll enough skulls. Even being able to take a wound to save another figure is powerful, but the level of redirection is truly potent. Obviously turning it on your opponent is very powerful (even if your unit dies anyway) but even being able to redirect wounds to her or the back line has a lot of value. I think turning it back on your opponent every probably means she is undercosted right now. Normally I'd think the wound prevention requires the roll to see if it would happen in the first place. Child of Light is just gravy and makes Arcane Exchange even more powerful. Her real value is that she doesn't require order markers to dominate the battlefield once you park her.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards