Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old July 7th, 2016, 03:20 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
1. The black spell Ever After - "Return target squad creature from an opponent's figure graveyard to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to a black Planeswalker you control. You may move and attack with that creature. At end of turn, return it to its owner's figure graveyard. "

My question is how this works? Do I play it, grab a figure, put it on the battlefield, and then attack with it, and then kill it at the end of the turn (ie attacking immediately)? Or do I grab the figure and then have to use that figure as my move and attack for the turn? Either way is a little confusing. I wish it said immediately like other cards do. I am going to assume that you immediately move and attack with it and just kill it at the end of the turn, but I wanted to ask.
The 'you may move and attack with that creature' is part of the resolution of the spell, you must do it then as the spell is resolving. Regardless of what phase in the turn you case the spell, the targeted creature comes out of the "Figure Graveyard" is placed onto the battle, MAY then move and attack, and then at the end of the turn a trigger is placed 'on the stack' to remove that figure.
My thought when I read the text was that since it doesn't specify a timing, that the default should be to move and attack during the normal move and attack phases of the turn along with whatever unit you activate. If it said immediately then your interpretation would of course be correct. I can see both interpretations being correct so is going to need a faq.
Old July 7th, 2016, 04:01 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igelkott View Post

My thought when I read the text was that since it doesn't specify a timing, that the default should be to move and attack during the normal move and attack phases of the turn along with whatever unit you activate. If it said immediately then your interpretation would of course be correct. I can see both interpretations being correct so is going to need a faq.
Compare to 'Malevolent Whispers'

'You may move and attack with target squad creature an opponent controls that is within 2 clear sight spaces of a red Planeswalker you control. That creature gets +1(ATK) until end of Turn'

It does not have the immediately phrasing, but you would be given the opportunity (MAY!) to move and attack after the resolution of the spell, and that figure would get +1(ATK) until EOT regardless of if you choose to move and attack.

You do not do this during the normal 'chosen figure's turn Move->Attack' or else there would be no point to playing this post-combat. It does not say 'during the chosen army's card turn move and attack'

___

Another MTG example of the distinction here:
Bloodbraid Elf
3/2
Haste
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order.)

vs

Abbot of Keral Keep
2/1
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
When Abbot of Keral Keep enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card.

___

The bloodbraid elf is more akin to the your question with 'Ever After'
The way the exiled card is worded you must cast it RIGHT THEN or you lose your opportunity.

The abbot is more Akin to the way you were thinking of. It basically queues it up and you can use that ability until the end of the turn. Ever After does not say 'until the end of the turn you may move and attack'

The 'move and attack' is part of the resolution of the spell itself.
Old July 8th, 2016, 05:41 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

I'm convinced. But I agree it would be better if it used the word immediately as in other cards.
Old July 8th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I believe it's similar to Seize the Day which is immediate. But I don't have official backing for that
Old July 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For Nahiri's Pass Through Stone, that is a Move and not a Teleport correct?
I assume it is since it says move instead of place.
Also you do take LEAs while using PTS correct?

For the Bloodline Nobles and their power that is based off of their Attack. That is total combined Attack from spells, high ground ect. correct?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 17th, 2016, 01:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Tornado, I believe you are correct about the bloodline nobles. As it does not specify the value on their card making the assumption that it is their whole attack including height advantage.

The Nahiri thing says move, and if it does not specify, I do think it means that she will take a LEA.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 19th, 2016, 12:56 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm working on my own FAQ, which will include various questions of mine, those here, on the FAQ thread including some for which answers were received from Hasbro, and eventually from those on bgg. Whew! Answers on the "Book of threads" will still supplement my own list.
Old July 24th, 2016, 09:26 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Tornado, I believe you are correct about the bloodline nobles. As it does not specify the value on their card making the assumption that it is their whole attack including height advantage.

The Nahiri thing says move, and if it does not specify, I do think it means that she will take a LEA.
So it has a 'movement of 4'?

The wording is different than most other powers. It says '...you may move her to a space of equal terrain elevation within 4 spaces of her.'

This reads more like a teleport power and it is called Pass Through Stone so it makes me think she can go through Ruins, figures ect.

This has been strongly debated. I just wish they would have said 'place' if it is a teleport or said 'move up to 4 spaces' is it is a move.

The current wording is wishy-washy and in between.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 25th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sounds similar to Granite Guardians' Gain High Ground:

"After taking a turn with Granite Guardians, you may move each Granite Guardian you control up to one space. This space may be up to 4 levels higher."

I agree that the wording is weird, but I'd hafta agree with Trex, that it's a move, and therefore, she takes the LEA.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:17 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
For Nahiri's Pass Through Stone, that is a Move and not a Teleport correct?
I assume it is since it says move instead of place.
Also you do take LEAs while using PTS correct?

For the Bloodline Nobles and their power that is based off of their Attack. That is total combined Attack from spells, high ground ect. correct?
I think of it more like an Earth Elemental's UNDERGROUND MOVEMENT. She phases underground and then when she pops up - if she rolls high enough - she erupts out of the ground injuring adjacent figures. I don't know her Bio/story to know if that's what happens.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29625

But like most folks are saying here, if it was 'Scape they would clarify whether an engagement strike happens or not. Since it is AotP - if it does say she doesn't take them, then she is vulnerable to LEA.

Wondering though if she is already engaged and just Passes through Stone to an adjacent space - can she roll to damage her target and since she didn't leave engagement not have a LEA?

Probably should be considered like Flying where if she uses the power when she's engaged, she will take LEA.
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:19 PM

There is no debate over LEA, the debate is if it is a 'move' based on the Move # of the figure or is it a 'place' with no distance restriction.

It is not like the GG because of the wording.

See the Book of for more.

EDIT: Now that last point is certainly still debate-able but I would have to say no LEAs if you end the 'move' adjacent to the same figures as it does not explicitly state you take an LEA as soon as you 'move'.
Do what the card says not what it does not.
That would be one that I could see going either way and being house ruled either way.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 26th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any movement/ space placement change of a figure is affected by LEAs, unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs