Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 24th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 11/11/15.

I think you're being a little restrictive putting all the bad guys in Utgar or Valkril - I think Vydar's central and morally flexible enough to accommodate the shadiest good guys and the least evil/best intentioned bad guys. Honestly, from what little I've heard, I'd consider Doctor Doom going in Vydar, but I don't know the character personally. Doc Ock, while evil, I don't think is evil enough for Utgar - his selfishness and passion for science, in my mind, puts him clearly in Vydar territory. Riddler, again I don't know, but I be surprised if he's truly, purely evil rather than just selfish, and again, the trickery element seems a good bet for Vydar.

Loki, from what I've seen in the Avengers films, wasn't that chaotic in his motivations - he wanted to rule, not destroy - so I wouldn't put him as Valkril. Probably Utgar. I don't really know Robin and Batgirl, but shouldn't they go to whatever General Batman does? I'd probably put Hawkeye in Vydar rather than Einar - I'm not seeing much real reason for Einar, and Vydar keeps him with Fury, Natasha and the other Agents. Flash - I shock myself by not knowing. I do know this character, but I have no idea what General he'd follow. Thor, in my mind, is an obvious one - Jandar. He's a valiant champion, and Jandar has Vikings! You can't separate them from their God!

~ Lazy Orang, who has no plans to play like this, but still considers it a fun experiment to work out which Valkyrie General a fictional character would follow.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 25th, 2015, 12:03 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I think you're being a little restrictive putting all the bad guys in Utgar or Valkril - I think Vydar's central and morally flexible enough to accommodate the shadiest good guys and the least evil/best intentioned bad guys. Honestly, from what little I've heard, I'd consider Doctor Doom going in Vydar, but I don't know the character personally. Doc Ock, while evil, I don't think is evil enough for Utgar - his selfishness and passion for science, in my mind, puts him clearly in Vydar territory. Riddler, again I don't know, but I be surprised if he's truly, purely evil rather than just selfish, and again, the trickery element seems a good bet for Vydar.

Loki, from what I've seen in the Avengers films, wasn't that chaotic in his motivations - he wanted to rule, not destroy - so I wouldn't put him as Valkril. Probably Utgar. I don't really know Robin and Batgirl, but shouldn't they go to whatever General Batman does? I'd probably put Hawkeye in Vydar rather than Einar - I'm not seeing much real reason for Einar, and Vydar keeps him with Fury, Natasha and the other Agents. Flash - I shock myself by not knowing. I do know this character, but I have no idea what General he'd follow. Thor, in my mind, is an obvious one - Jandar. He's a valiant champion, and Jandar has Vikings! You can't separate them from their God!

~ Lazy Orang, who has no plans to play like this, but still considers it a fun experiment to work out which Valkyrie General a fictional character would follow.
I like these suggestions! Thanks for this.
  • Doc Ock: Vydar. I'm convinced by your argument!
  • Riddler: Vydar. If there were a "Chaotic Neutral" general he would probably be there, but Vydar it is.
  • Loki: The Internet vacillates on his "alignment" -- Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil -- but I think I'm going to stick with Valkrill for him.
  • Robin & Batgirl: Sure, let's keep the team together! Einar it is.
  • Hawkeye: Vydar's OK too.
  • Flash: I think Jandar's a safe bet.
  • Thor: Jandar! With Vikings! Of course! (Although Thor + Dwarves feels right too, probably because I'm thinking of Durkon Thundershield)
Old November 28th, 2015, 07:22 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

In my continuing quest to create proxies for Overpriced Heroscape Units, I bring you the latest units of... CheapScape!

First up, Zetacron!

Spoiler Alert!

The figure is a Mechwarrior Mercenary Panther. About $3. I think there are other models that are a darker blue that would be a closer match. The figure could fit on a single base, but I double-based it for greater Zetacroniness.

Next... the Zombies of Morindan Midtown!

Spoiler Alert!

The figures are all various Horrorclix zombies. The first card has the Zombie Sorority Sister, Zombie Cop, and Zombie Lawyer. The second has a Zombie Patient, Zombie Hard Hat, and "Pod Zombie." The Pod Zombie is sort of the odd one out -- he appears to have a tree growing out of him. I'm just going to say he tried to eat a tree in Central Park and this was the results. Anyway, he was cheap.

I did two sets of the first card (as they were more expensive) and three sets of the second card. All told, 5 squads cost me around $30, which is about the going price for two squads of "real" Zombies.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old November 29th, 2015, 10:43 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: update 11/28 (Agents of SHIELD + Proxi

In addition to the new proxies above, I've updated my Tales Come To Life
section with the new cards for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 14th, 2015, 01:22 PM

I've been working on making new supers card adaptations, see below!

Other Super Cards
Spoiler Alert!

More to come -- watch the skies!
Old December 14th, 2015, 10:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice work, you're giving @Grishnakh a run for his money! I hope you have fun with the cards. I too am a fan of @Matt Helm 's approach to customs design; you could probably do the same thing to his cards that you did to mine and they would probably mesh together fine for the most part.

One correction: Batman's Batarang Special Attack has an Attack of 3, not 2.
Old December 15th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice work, you're giving @Grishnakh a run for his money!
Sigh. Many have tried to imitate me, many have failed…

Don't you know I'm a one of a kind by now Sherm? And thank goodness for that huh? Don't think the world could hold more than one of me.

But then again, I apparently have an over inflated opinion of me…

And by the way, nice looking cards IshMEL! Still, if you're starting to break the box with the art it won't be too long until you really set out and break the margins like I do. Once that bug bites it's hard to resist!
Old December 16th, 2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Nice work, you're giving @Grishnakh a run for his money!
Sigh. Many have tried to imitate me, many have failed…

Don't you know I'm a one of a kind by now Sherm? And thank goodness for that huh? Don't think the world could hold more than one of me.

But then again, I apparently have an over inflated opinion of me…

And by the way, nice looking cards IshMEL! Still, if you're starting to break the box with the art it won't be too long until you really set out and break the margins like I do. Once that bug bites it's hard to resist!
Thanks guys! That is high praise indeed, from both of you!

If I did square cards, what would I do with all that time I now spend on cutting out these $@#$@!*? shapes?

I've corrected Batman's Batarangs (thanks for the catch, of course he's better with those things!) and done some others:

Spoiler Alert!

That should finish up my Jandar, Einar and Ullar heroes. Now it's on to Aquilla:

Spoiler Alert!

This one's still a work in progress. Trying the "vines" for the first time. It's the C3G version, will be doing cards for the Fire Ant Swarms and "Antony" as well. (Yes, I liked the movie!)
Old December 17th, 2015, 11:46 AM

OK so what would Ant-Man be without his ants?

Spoiler Alert!

The Fire Ant Swarm is adapted from the C3G card -- I made them a Relentless Swarm instead of an Irritating Scavenger, mostly because I felt like it. Antony is based on the C3G Giant Bumblebee -- without the sting, but with the sacrifice ability. My mini is a plastic fly I had lying around for some reason. I'll put a pin through it and stick it in one of those 'clix flying bases. The scale is entirely wrong, not to mention the species, but we'll just use our imagination!
Old January 6th, 2016, 11:36 AM

Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 1/6/16

Some updates!

I had some time over the break, so I've been working on my "Shermanverse" adaptations of superhero cards, which are all in my HerosCape post. I also did some cards for recently posted custom ideas:

Spoiler Alert!

These have been added to various categories, although I still need to update my card index.

I also picked up some more cheap 'Clix. (Note to self: play more, buy less.) Here's some initial thoughts on assigning Generals to these supers:

Black Canary: Ullar? Alongside Green Arrow.
Bodyguards (C3G): Vydar
Brainiac: Utgar?
Darkseid: Utgar?
Green Lantern: Ullar? Because, you know, Green.
Harley Quinn: Valkrill. Alongside Joker.
Jim Gordon: Jandar, no question.
Lex Luthor: Utgar? Vydar?
Lizard: Vydar?
Quicksilver: Vydar?
She-Hulk: Ullar? Jandar? Ullar seems the obvious place since I've put her cousin He-Hulk there, but she's a civil rights lawyer -- that seems about as Jandar as it gets.
Two-Face: Vydar?
Vulture: Utgar?
Wolverine: Aquilla?

Any input is appreciated!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old January 11th, 2016, 10:32 PM

I take a small break from SuperSherman cards to give you my mightiest custom yet. Behold the awesome power...

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Another card from my VBOCIWSGATMACF*

Cpl. James Swift ¤, Scout who boosts the Airborne. 50 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

*(Vast Backlog Of Customs I Will Someday Get Around To Making Army Cards For)

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards