Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How should we group articles based on Classic/Custom?
Keep them separate 16 51.61%
Put it all together 10 32.26%
I don't care 3 9.68%
Other (Please explain) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Use of Customs Strategy in The Codex: Survey/Discussion

As some of you may have heard, the Hersocape Codex is being rebooted, set to come out January 1st if all goes well.

We have a question to pose to the community pertaining to how we treat C3V, C3G and HoSS in our magazine; their units, strategy relating to said units, et cetera.

Are you staunchly against customs of any kind, and would shudder to see an article on how to use a C3V unit grouped into the same Strategy section as articles about Classic 'Scape? Are you a fan of the customs who sees no reason to differentiate between Classic and Custom at all?

Please let us know. We would love to hear everybody's feedback. Don't hesitate to post why you answered what you did, and discuss.

Thank you all! We are looking forward to a fun and successful revival of this great publication!

EDIT: To be clear, this is all regarding Strategy articles alone.

Last edited by El T; November 17th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Use of Customs Strategy in The Codex: Survey/Discussion

Wow! Codex is being rebooted? That's awesome!

I think that there should be different sections for classic and customs. I wouldn't shudder if they were in the same section, but it would definitely reduce my interest.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To clarify, this is only regarding strategy articles. There would still be a separate section for new custom releases and such regardless.
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Wow! Codex is being rebooted? That's awesome!

I think that there should be different sections for classic and customs. I wouldn't shudder if they were in the same section, but it would definitely reduce my interest.
Yep, we have a group of six working on it. We want to know people's opinions so we don't step on toes or anything, so thanks for your feedback.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:19 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I voted to keep them separate just because it might make it easier to find the info you are looking for. If you are only interested in classic scape then just go to that section. I like customs even though I don't currently have any. I'd like to see strategy articles on customs and classic scape both and how they interact with one another but I think it would be best to keep the separated in the Codex.
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I answered "other" because I think that the different groups should be handled differently. While VC and maybe even HoSS could be incorporated into strategy articles with classic 'Scape, I don't think including C3G is necessary, as they don't mix too well in my opinion. (At least not as far as competitive strategy is concerned)
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I voted separate. I could care less if they were intertwined, but I know some people would. I would rather not give people a reason to stay away from the codex. I think we should definite have both, just in different sections.
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
I answered "other" because I think that the different groups should be handled differently. While VC and maybe even HoSS could be incorporated into strategy articles with classic 'Scape, I don't think including C3G is necessary, as they don't mix too well in my opinion. (At least not as far as competitive strategy is concerned)
You have a good point. If we were to put C3G separate for that reason, I'd want to do the same to HoSS as it doesn't really relate to Classic 'Scape at all.
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:31 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
We'll keep C3G separate for sure, that was a miscommunication to El T on my part.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; November 17th, 2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by El T
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
We'll keep C3G separate for sure, that was a miscommunication to El T on my part.
Oh, I misunderstood. Well, in that case, like I said above, we should do the same for HoSS.

^^
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I voted to keep them separate for the reason that I think that people would be more interested if they knew which was which. If they're all together in one place then that might cause some confusion amongst the readers. ^_^
Old November 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Bugger

I think I voted too soon. Now that I think about it, I want them separate. One strategy subsection in the Classics section, another strategy subsection in the Customs section.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion