Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 11th, 2021, 03:31 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gali (public testing)

If all the pips were 5s people would assume it was a reference to the the Sherlock Holmes story The Five Orange Pips. And we can't have that.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 11th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Nope, that was a forgotten update when I changed everything to 5. Good catch!
Old March 13th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

FYI Soundwarp I added some new mini pics to here and Lewa (in case he ever needs a card update). I added some detail on the paint jobs.
Old March 15th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Gali @150 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Gali @150, Lewa, Baron Zemo (Heinrich), Hydro-Man (650) vs Venom (II), Zombie, Angel (Warren), Demogoblin (650)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Gali @150, Lewa, Baron Zemo (Heinrich), Hydro-Man (650) vs Hush, Black Tarantula, Two-Face (I) (650)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Probably messed up by putting a low-efficiency army up against a competitive healer in both games. In general, Water Control feels like a pretty cool suite of effects. I think she'll always have a place in water armies - pretty good stat block for her points, if you can guarantee water's around. I didn't get much use out of the Toa d20 boost here, but a lot of that was just down to her only d20 power to boost being a reactive thing. I think once Kopaka and Tahu are in the mix, it'll come up more.
Old March 15th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Archie

Thanks Ronin! Glad she felt useful at least.
Old March 15th, 2021, 09:29 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, she feels plenty useful. I think she would have had a better showing, W/L wise, if I'd gone all-in on her as a water piece and set aside the Toa synergy for now, since Lewa wasn't super helpful in those games. My first instinct was to try and do it all though. At least it caught me up on the faction before I start building on it, though!
Old March 16th, 2021, 01:06 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Gali

Army Test 1
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (700): Gali (150), Lewa (140), Meggan (205), Scorpion (205)
Team 2 (700): White Canary (210), Hasbro Cap (220), Harley Quinn II (180), 1st Doctor (90)

Pre-game thoughts: Just a Toa (well, Gali and Lewa) build, with Meggan filling in. This custom map has 14 water tiles that are at height 0, but are near some of the highest points of the map - perfect for Lewa to knock enemies into.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts:

Army Test 2
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (750): Gali (150), JL Aquaman (370), Black Manta (230)
Team 2 (750): Captain America (240), Avengers Black Widow (230), Wolverine (280)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying out Gali with some water dudes.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: The Gali/Aquaman combo has a lot of potential to be absolutely terrifying, but it requires a little bit of setup, and probably some allies to run interference. Black Manta getting straight-up shredded by Wolverine meant T1 just didn’t have the strength to hold out long enough for it to really feel devastating.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I echo previous sentiments - she feels a bit lackluster now, but seems like she’ll improve a lot once her allies show up. I’m mainly worried that she’ll be more useful in a water-based army than in an actual Toa army, but hopefully toa synergies will be robust enough that she can do both.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I had a lot of fun with her. She’s one of those designs where you can make big plans that end up falling through cause she dies too fast, but I think that’s to be expected of a 150 pt. unit.
Splish splash.
Old March 16th, 2021, 01:35 AM
Archie

Thanks Nobody! Gali hasn’t had a single win, but I’m not sure that’s entirely on her. She encourages some jank builds and really needs more Toa (and Toa synergy). It may be best to put her on hold until more Toa are designed? Or is there a boost you guys have in mind? I feel like we passed Lewa a little weak, so I’m not looking to repeat that mistake here.
Old March 16th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Symbiotic

I think she feels useful, but yeah, she's kinda weird and she doesn't have a home yet. I think it'd be totally reasonable to go to editing here, but put her on hold. Kopaka's right around the corner.

If we do end up wanting a buff here, I'd be looking at either +1D and/or adding to the pips in Water Control - I think a defensive one would be a good deal and on brand for her.

Something else to consider for Toa Unity - might be worth dropping the 'no enemy control' bit of that? I think it's adding kinda niche/counter-drafty value and I don't think it was really stressed in testing. If we ever got as far as the thematic figures that do that (your Makutas and Rahkshis and what have you), we could design them to make the enemy roll the d20 so Gali provides a resistance.

EDIT: Actually, now I'm thinking about it, it might make more sense for me to switch up my order and do Tahu next, then Kopaka. Tahu seems more helpful for getting a bead on Gali in a Toa-faction context, and his leadership should work with just two others.

Last edited by Ronin; March 16th, 2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Archie

Re: The Book of Gali (breathing)

I like those ideas. So I'm thinking we switch to something like this, then stick Gali on Hold while we wait for Tahu. We should get a good feel for points by running them together. I'll check with @MrNobody to see if he agrees with that.

Quote:
NAME = GALI

SPECIES = TOA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

WATER AFFINITY
Gali does not stop her movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 dice to Gali’s attack while she is within 2 spaces of a water space.

TOA UNITY
When rolling the 20-sided die for any friendly Toa within 5 clear sight spaces of Gali, you may add up to 3 to the roll. An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of any Toa you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Gali.

WATER CONTROL
When any player begins to take a turn, you may choose one of the following for the remainder of that player's turn:
• all spaces within 5 spaces of Gali are considered water spaces instead of their normal terrain type; or
• enemy figures on a water space within 5 spaces of Gali subtract 2 from their Defense number; or
• Gali and all friendly figures within 5 spaces of Gali never take any leaving engagement attacks.
• Gali and all friendly Toa within 5 spaces of Gali add 1 to their Defense number.
Each option may only be chosen once per round.
Old March 16th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Hmm...I always like when the "choose one pip, but you can only choose a pip once per round" powers have 3 pips, for symmetry purposes. But I do think that defense boost would help a lot and make her more of a faction piece.

I kind of like the control shield part of Toa Unity, but it doesn't feel needed if we're pushing text space.
Old March 16th, 2021, 01:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The anti-mind control thing still fits fine on the card with the new pip added.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library