Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 31st, 2015, 01:14 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

In other words, if you want your water spaces to be same level to the hexes adjacent to them, just place them on top of the regular hexes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; August 31st, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:37 AM

Pentius is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Now that I've finally started expanding my collection, I have a couple questions.
Unique Heroes: I have two versions of Drake Alexander and the Kyrie Warrior from Valkyrie and Marro. Can both forms be on the board at the same time? If so, can they both be used by the same player?
Attack/Defense Buffs: Do they stack? Would someone surrounded by Finn, Thorgrim, and Captain America, while under the gaze of Raelin, and on a tile higher than their enemy have +3 attack and +5 defense?
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The same player? No.

Different players? That's up to you. The rules suggest the answer is "no," in scenario play, but obviously in a competitive-style game people will sometimes want to use the same guy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:57 AM

Pentius is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks.
One other thing that my group would like to know more on is the Airborne Elite drop. Do you have to drop all four at once when you roll high enough, or can you choose to only drop a couple, then wait until you roll high again and drop the rest when the battle has progressed?
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They drop once. That's it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentius View Post
Attack/Defense Buffs: Do they stack? Would someone surrounded by Finn, Thorgrim, and Captain America, while under the gaze of Raelin, and on a tile higher than their enemy have +3 attack and +5 defense?
Yes, they stack.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:41 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentius View Post
The specific defensive bonus in the scenario you posit would depend on which Raelin you have, but generally, yes, they stack. And if you had figures in your army standing on the right Power glyphs that would also add to those numbers.

~Z

d

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; September 8th, 2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: .
Old September 9th, 2015, 06:30 PM

Mew28 Woo who?

Hi my friend recently got some squads of omnicron snipers and talord. How do I not lose to them? I tried drafting some antirange stuff like drake but I find he dies after one or two turn from the deadly shot at point blank.
Old September 9th, 2015, 09:30 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew28 View Post
Hi my friend recently got some squads of omnicron snipers and talord. How do I not lose to them? I tried drafting some antirange stuff like drake but I find he dies after one or two turn from the deadly shot at point blank.
They are nice, but I have found that they are fragile. Be fast, be tough, be invisible, or out-range them - and always try to keep them from gaining height on you. Avoid heroes (like Drake) who can only take out one at a time - you need to be able to kill more than one of them per Order Marker.

Be fast
If the d20 gods are good to you, Venoc Vipers or Tarn Viking Warriors can often take them out before they do too much damage. Deathreavers (Rats) and Gladiatrons can pin them down and force them to attack without range (and have the advantage of being tough themselves).

Be tough
Granite Guardians, Izumi Samurai, and other high-defense units can often survive long enough to get close enough to take them out. Even the Deathwalkers are good here, despite their glass jaw. Majors Q9 & Q10 are good. Raelin helps a lot.

Be invisible
Krav Maga Agents (KMA) and Phantom Knights (PK) are really hard to hit with ranged attacks. KMA are particularly good because it doesn't matter how many skulls they roll, one shield will block them all and they have range themselves so they can stand off and take pot shots from range without being in much danger themselves.

Out-range them
This is a little harder because there are not many units with higher range: Airborne Elite, Majors Q9 & Q10, Zetacron, Syvarris, and Deadeye Dan. Zetacron and Deadeye Dan have the one-shot-per-OM problem, so I would not recommend them. Airborne Elite are good if you can get them on the board (those d20 gods again).

Try PK and Nilfheim. Nilf is pretty tough and can potentially take out three at a time.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; September 10th, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old September 25th, 2015, 06:42 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is kyries the plural of kyrie, or is it its own plural?

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old September 26th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What are the differences between a unit "taking a turn" and a unit "being activated", if there even is one?

Thanks,

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 26th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Where are you taking "being activated" from? My sense is that units take turns and figures get activated. So a squad of Minions takes a turn after you reveal an order marker on them, and as you choose to move one it gets activated. If you only move two of them, you can activate a third in the attack phase.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's