Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Hikash
I like the drudge, honestly. A little elevated swamp, and you're in business. I was shredding Krug with these guys. By the time he got through three of my Drones and one Drudge, the rest of the Drudge reduced him to ashes. They can be very good if you know what you're doing.
Erm...
Elevated Swamp is extremely hard to come by in a map, and even if you DO get it, you have to deal with the pathetic range of 5. If your opponent just charged Krug in there without even attempting to dodge, he's bad.
That's the point of swamp strength and they're swamp movemetn bonus' . I don't think its that hard to find elavated swamp.

I like the Drudges bio.
Yeah, I realize that. But once you manage to get close enough to hit Krug when he ignores you, he'll just rush over and spank you very very hard. He's not a unit I would use the Drudges to kill at all. Elevated Swamp may not be hard to find, per say, on a map that ACTUALLY HAS IT. Most maps I've seen don't have elevated swamp.
i always have my swamp a bit hilly with some swamp water on them, for every1 to get either hight bonuse or the druges get a height and swamp bonus, and its all spread out for easier travel and my warriors can clone about anywhere. it all depends on the terrain.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Marro Drudge are the only Marro not to have use of the 20d, and their powers don't go far if you're playing with no swamp water. I'd say C

This is what I do for a living:
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Marro Drudge

The brand new jungle rules could give new life to these guys, by letting them tunnel under the brush, and land next to it on swamp.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:49 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
Marro Drudge are the only Marro not to have use of the 20d, and their powers don't go far if you're playing with no swamp water. I'd say C
That is not true. You forget the new-not-yet-released Grok Cavalry.
Old June 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think these guys would be so bad if in fact there was elevated swamp used in the battle. However, when I create my battlefields, I try to keep them realistic and asethically pleasing. Swamp is always found in the lowest areas in really life, so my swamp is always elevation 0 or possibly 1. I just think the field begins to look weird when you raise swamp much higher.

I don't think one squad of decent figures should disrupt the whole map, so these guys see little to no play time.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Marro Drudge are a valuable addition to the Hive army. Send wave after wave of them with their 15space strike range and whittle down the enemy until the sparse few get relatively close - then the Stingers clean up.

Every map I make, I always arrange the swamp tiles specifically for the Swamp Tunnel ability - Each tile is 4-5 spaces away.
Although, I admit that I neither have the snow nor the lava sets. Swamp there might be a bit odd.

Last edited by Confred; June 3rd, 2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Removed Swamp Water Tunneling question - Originally misread the card.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A figure may choose to move 0 spaces, so I'm pretty sure you can do that.
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

This doesn't deserve it's own thread, so I'm putting it in the book. There's a pretty cool looking FPS Wii game coming out, called The Conduit. Aliens attack the US, bla bla bla, you know the drill. The funny thing is that the aliens are called "The Drudge." Perhaps Drudge translates from some language as stranger or alien. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

EDIT: After reading more, it says the common soldiers of the alien army are called the Drones. Coninsetince?

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; June 20th, 2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
This doesn't deserve it's own thread, so I'm putting it in the book. There's a pretty cool looking FPS Wii game coming out, called The Conduit. Aliens attack the US, bla bla bla, you know the drill. The funny thing is that the aliens are called "The Drudge." Perhaps Drudge translates from some language as stranger or alien. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

EDIT: After reading more, it says the common soldiers of the alien army are called the Drones. Coninsetince?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dictionary
Main Entry: drudge Pronunciation: \ˈdrəj\ Function: verb Inflected Form(s): drudged; drudg·ing Etymology: Middle English druggen Date: 14th century intransitive verb : to do hard, menial, or monotonous work
transitive verb : to force to do hard, menial, or monotonous work
In other words, A Drudge is a slave or servent. Drone is a common term used with Hive related aliens in Sci-Fi. I soubt their is much relation to the Marro and the aliens in this game other than both are using terms that denote mindless swarming aliens.
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart

While they're not so good on your average map, on larger swamp water-based maps the drudge are really good. They can keep adversaries away from the hive by quickly moving to protect it from attacks and they have solid stats for a ranged unit while standing on swamp water.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:32 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf View Post
I think Su-bak-na's boost would be helpful for when you roll for the revive and massive curse glyphs. I havent really looked at the SotM glyphs, so I don't know if any of them require rolling.

I do have a question for the number crunchers though.

Since water (and swamp water) often seem to be banked, at what times is it beneficial to give your opponent hight advantage for the bonus.

What I mean is at what attack and defense do you get an advantage out of it, and at what point does the question statistically become irrelevant.

DD
I did some research on that today and it turns out that the lower the defense the less you need swamp water.I have a hypothesis that if the target figure has < or = to 2 that you wont need the swamp water and would be better off without it.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't know if it was luck, bad playing on my opponent's part, or the fact the map was a big swamp... but the Marro Drudge (two squads) just killed Saylind, Morsbane, Sonlen, and the Warriors of Ashra before getting killed. Eventually Syvarris took 'em out, but MAN, I didn't even need to MOVE anyone else.

Awesome.

I don't see why these guys get a bad rap... I mean, put 'em on a swamp map (which seem common nowadays) and unleash hell. With Ticalla Jungle out, they can only improve!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units