Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 27th, 2019, 10:18 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I did delete your post, because it wasn't a question, and it wasn't related to the C3V or SoV, or even customs at all.

If you have questions about our projects we'll be happy to answer.
Yes your right about that, you may want to check my thread to see if I inspired any good ideas for the C3V and/or the SoV.
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Please don't make customs for us in mind, H_101. The C3V does not go poking around to take ideas from other people who have already shared them. No matter how good those ideas are. Please just make your customs for yourself, and share them with the community for feedback when you want.

But don't think you're making them for us when you share them in your thread. You're not. That's just not our process, and it won't start being our process now.

I was happy to see you make a new Deathcommander Mark 2. He's not ours. He's yours, and that's ok. You are more than welcome to make your own customs inspired by what we've done. I think it's great. It's just that it's yours, and not ours, and it won't become ours.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 28th, 2019, 06:01 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I did delete your post, because it wasn't a question, and it wasn't related to the C3V or SoV, or even customs at all.

If you have questions about our projects we'll be happy to answer.
Yes your right about that, you may want to check my thread to see if I inspired any good ideas for the C3V and/or the SoV.
Something that is important to understand, is that everyone makes customs for their own reasons. The vast majority of us want to make customs for ourselves, and from our own ideas. We have a vision of what we want, and we aren't looking around at other people's designs to figure out what that vision is. We know what we want for ourselves, and when we want feedback, we ask for it in our own threads. If we happen to have a design that we think could be submitted to the SoV, we put it in the Pre-SoV workshop, but we only do that after we have already finished the design, and are happy with it. I have a lot of customs ideas that I have never posted about anywhere on these forums. Many of them will likely never be posted on these forums. I have several text files full of ideas for abilities, designs, and themes, that I have not used for one reason or another. Not every idea needs to seen by everyone else.

Make your customs for yourself, because you want to. Don't make designs seeking approval from everyone. You don't need advise for every custom you make. All of us have our own lives, and we don't always have the time to look in every thread, or at every post that's made. It's good to listen to advise when we give it, but often we will be too busy to give it.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:25 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I wonder if any of the C3V members thought to use any of the mechs from the other solaris 7 action? There are other mechs that are worth it, other than Deathcommander Mark 3, Major J15 and the Deltacron miniatures.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I wonder if any of the C3V members thought to use any of the mechs from the other solaris 7 action? There are other mechs that are worth it, other than Deathcommander Mark 3, Major J15 and the Deltacron miniatures.
When the C3V uses a figure pack, they have generally in the past tried to utilize most or all of the models. So there may be designs for the others but that is for them to know and for us to find out.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
When the C3V uses a figure pack, they have generally in the past tried to utilize most or all of the models. So there may be designs for the others but that is for them to know and for us to find out.

Here are some worthwhile mechs from the solaris 7 medium-class action pack worth the heroscape treatment.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, H_101. We have a figure suggestion thread out there somewhere. I'm sure you can find it.

Generally, we try to use every mini from a pack. We haven't always been able to do that, but we try.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2019, 01:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Its important to remember that the C3V needs minis to be widely available when they inform us they are gonna use it. Mechwarrior minis are generally not widely available, and the minis you pictured did not come in the same box as the previously released figures.

Their track record for using the “whole box” in past releases has been fairly consistent, using the Confrontation Starter Box, Confrontation Wolf Army Box, Confrontation Ram Army Box, Dungeon Command Orcs Box (8/10 minis will be used iirc), and the Mechwarrior box (3/6 used by the C3V and 1 additional mini for the SoV). I’m not sure how many other boxes they released, but that’s pretty solid so far.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:45 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

On the MechWarrior pack that was used and still has two other unused miniatures, I asked around and made sure that there were no current plans to use them before beginning development on my own custom using one of them. I believe that it was stated that the other one was deemed to not be suitable for a design because it had a weird aesthetic.

I doubt that many other MechWarrior packs are widely available like the one C3V used was, unfortunately. If you do happen to find something with good availability, it would be best to recommend it to them in the suggestions thread.
Old March 8th, 2019, 05:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Their track record for using the “whole box” in past releases has been fairly consistent, using the Confrontation Starter Box, Confrontation Wolf Army Box, Confrontation Ram Army Box, Dungeon Command Orcs Box (8/10 minis will be used iirc), and the Mechwarrior box (3/6 used by the C3V and 1 additional mini for the SoV).
There's actually a Unique Squad in this box which isn't used yet, that I have a really good design for that would go well with some upcoming units... anyone's free to run with that design.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 8th, 2019, 05:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Their track record for using the “whole box” in past releases has been fairly consistent, using the Confrontation Starter Box, Confrontation Wolf Army Box, Confrontation Ram Army Box, Dungeon Command Orcs Box (8/10 minis will be used iirc), and the Mechwarrior box (3/6 used by the C3V and 1 additional mini for the SoV).
There's actually a Unique Squad in this box which isn't used yet, that I have a really good design for that would go well with some upcoming units... anyone's free to run with that design.
Too bad actually getting it is now really expensive

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 8th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, even though I have a Ram box, and the figures that weren't used, I don't think that they should be used, unless there's C3V approved proxies, because it's just too hard to find them, let alone be able to justify buying them with the prices they go for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs