Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 10th, 2016, 12:51 PM

Mew28 Woo who?
Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Signups until January

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I want to play, but I'm not sure if I can. I don't think a draft is up to the balance standards that Online Heroscape has put out.

How? Well, let's say someone brings a draft pool with only a single strong figure. They could easily win games just by winning the diceoff. Now, the diceoff equalizer was invented to prevent these kinds of players from winning the event, but I'm just worried about the early rounds when the equalizer will not have taken effect yet. If I get outdiceoffed in the first round by some n00b who employs this strategy, I could have my online ranking decimated. This is not an option.

Luckily, there is a solution: Cut the Cake Draft! Cut the Cake is the famous solution to prevent players with unbalanced armies from winning in Bring 2, so it's perfect for creating balance here in a draft format. Both players draft an army, then the player who lost the diceoff gets to pick which one he wants. No more winning games by dropping a strong figure in your pool!

Now, the downside to this decision is that dok can no longer take advantage of players who mess up the draft. This is a hard thing for me to let go of, but I think it's necessary.

Can we get a hotfix to the rules to make it Cut the Cake Draft?
Or just do not draft there trash units? You can bring a over 1000 points of units and are playing a 500 point game. Just make two army's that work independently of certain units so you do not get counter drafted.
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I know how hyper-competitive you can be vegie, but sometimes we just want our formats to be fun.
Old January 8th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I know how hyper-competitive you can be vegie, but sometimes we just want our formats to be fun.
Okay cool, looks like we don't have to play Cut the Cake anymore
Old January 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Okay cool, looks like we don't have to play Cut the Cake anymore
I like Cut the Cake a lot. That twist on this format would be fun.

That said, I like the sound of this format. Wish I felt that I had the time to play.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 11th, 2016, 01:02 AM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

I don't think I'll be in this time; new semester starting up and whatnot

ScapeRaider is currently the only Marro Warrior...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old January 14th, 2016, 01:38 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Signed up. I request people submit draft pools with rich heroic souls that are ripe for the devouring. Unrelated to my draft pool composition, obviously.
Old January 14th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think I came up with a way to powergame the format with my draft pool. Well, maybe not powergame, since I completely neglected to provide any options for the ladies, but I metagamed and assumed that all my opponents would be male. Anyway, the “Hot Draft” promises to be another unique way to play Heroscape. I never expected to see a mashup between Heroscape and The Bachelor, yet here it is. Looking forward to another great season!
Old January 14th, 2016, 09:21 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
I think I came up with a way to powergame the format with my draft pool. Well, maybe not powergame, since I completely neglected to provide any options for the ladies, but I metagamed and assumed that all my opponents would be male. Anyway, the “Hot Draft” promises to be another unique way to play Heroscape. I never expected to see a mashup between Heroscape and The Bachelor, yet here it is. Looking forward to another great season!
Will you accept this... Skull?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 15th, 2016, 01:06 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Assumptions

Quote:
I think I came up with a way to powergame the format with my draft pool. Well, maybe not powergame, since I completely neglected to provide any options for the ladies , but I metagamed and assumed that all my opponents would be male and heterosexual. Anyway, the “Hot Draft” promises to be another unique way to play Heroscape. I never expected to see a mashup between Heroscape and The Bachelor, yet here it is. Looking forward to another great season!
Fixed that for you. ~_^

~Dysole, pedantically
Old January 16th, 2016, 11:11 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Signed up. I'll either destroy all of my opponents or be sent home with my tail tucked between my legs.
Old January 18th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
Round 1 is on Zephyr.

The Dysole v. mew28 pool of armies is:
* Axegrinders of Burning Forge x2, Beorn Boltcutter, Otonashi, Seleena, Ulfrid Hornwrangler, Zettian Deathwings x3, Brave Arrow, Kira Jax, Mohican River Tribe x3, Quorik Warwitch, Zetacron, The Varja
* Marcus Decimus Gallus, Airborne Elite, Roman Legionnaires x4, Ne-Gok-Sa, Charos, Greenscale Warriors x3, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM]
mew28 chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who wins opening initiative.

The dok v. Kinseth pool of armies is:
* Marrden Hounds x4, Goblin Cutters x4, Omnicron Repulsors x2, Hoplitron x2, Marcu Esenwein, Major J15, Seleena, Van Nessing, Werewolf Lord
* Red Wyrmling x3, Black Wyrmling x3, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall, Wolves of Badru x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Werewolf Lord, Nicholas Esenwein, Van Nessing, Emperor Andask
dok chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who wins opening initiative.

The kevindola v. MegaSilver pool of armies is:
* Greater Ice Elemental, Shaolin Monks x4, Shades of Bleakwoode x3, Master Win Chiu Woo, Dumutef Guard x4, Ana Karithon
* Death Chasers of Thesk x2, Ogre Pulverizer, Ogre Warhulk, Air Elemental x2, Death Knights of Valkrill x3, Me-Burq-Sa, Roman Legionnaires x2, Skull Demon, Valguard, Racheim, Marcu Esenwein
kevindola chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, MegaSilver chooses who wins opening initiative.

The belgarath v. vegies dad pool of armies is:
* Sir Gilbert, Alastair MacDirk, Knights of Weston x2, 4th Massachusetts Line x2, Braxas, Fen Hydra, Kelda the Kyrie Warrior, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Fen Hydra x2, Feral Troll x2, Finn the Viking Champion, Fire Elemental x5, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Fyorlag Spiders x3
belgarath chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, vegies dad chooses who wins opening initiative.

The vegietarian18 v. Jesus20456 pool of armies is:
* Agent Skahen, Ana Karithon, Elaria the Pale, Eltahale, Jorhdawn, Josie Whistlestop, Kumiko, Mika Connour, Nakita Agents, Seleena, Sharwin Wildborn, Sonya Esenwein
* Gorillinators x2, Nakita Agents, Gorillitroopers x2, Laglor, Augamo, Kursus, Zaeus, Deathreavers
Jesus20456 chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who wins opening initiative.

The mtl1998 v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* Braxas, Sudema, Crypt Guardian x4, Xualtica Fire Ants x5, Ashigaru Harquebus x4
* Frost Giant of Morh x2, Fen Hydra x2, Moltenclaw, Othkurik The Black Dragon, Shurrak, Rhogar Dragonspine
Chris Perkins chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who wins opening initiative.
Old January 25th, 2016, 12:23 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Round 1 until Jan 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapebot View Post
Round 1 is on Zephyr.

The dok v. Kinseth pool of armies is:
* Marrden Hounds x4, Goblin Cutters x4, Omnicron Repulsors x2, Hoplitron x2, Marcu Esenwein, Major J15, Seleena, Van Nessing, Werewolf Lord
* Red Wyrmling x3, Black Wyrmling x3, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall, Wolves of Badru x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Werewolf Lord, Nicholas Esenwein, Van Nessing, Emperor Andask
dok chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who wins opening initiative.
Draft went:
Code:
dok		Kinseth
Marrden Hounds	J15
Marrden Hounds	Emperor Andask
Nick Esenwein	Van Nessing
Bloodburst	Cutters
Cutters		Marcu
Cutters		Cutters
Repulsors	Hoplitron
Bloodburst	Hoplitron
Back and forth affair. Andask was very helpful. However, Hounds got really hot with their attacks in round 3 and took down Van Nessing and J15 to basically close things. I had 7 cutters left along with one squad of hounds, one repulsor, and a 1-life Nick, versus Andask, a 1-life Marcu, and a couple cutters.

stats:
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events