Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Looks great, I love it! There is a small typo in tactical repositioning but nothing major... "Figures moved by Tactical Repositioning must be within 6 clear sight spaces OF Grommel Bronzewielder prior to moving. My apologies if that seems nitpicky but the bold word is missing...

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

It's curious that Tactical Repositioning happens even if the opponent's hero is dead. Not really a problem though. SoA, would you be opposed to adding "before that opponent takes a turn" to the power to clarify exactly when the movement occurs?
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
It's curious that Tactical Repositioning happens even if the opponent's hero is dead. Not really a problem though. SoA, would you be opposed to adding "before that opponent takes a turn" to the power to clarify exactly when the movement occurs?
Certainly not. Such a change would obviously make the power much clearer in this somewhat odd case. I'll contact awesomeunleashed to remedy to problem, as he makes most of my cards.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Certainly not. Such a change would obviously make the power much clearer in this somewhat odd case. I'll contact awesomeunleashed to remedy to problem, as he makes most of my cards.
When exactly the movement occurs matters for duration-of-turn and once-per-turn stuff like Elaria's Slippery. If the movement is during a turn it's limited to once, if not it's unlimited.

In this case, before the turn is the only good option, since in some cases the hero with the order marker never takes a turn. Like when it's dead, or if it's a controller like Kato.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Scytale, how could it trigger off of a dead figure? A dead figure can't be within 6 clear sight spaces of Grommel.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; November 9th, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I'll get the card fixed.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

As I said, I'm not opposed to remedying the problem. Before I contact awesomeunleashed, as I've been hearing some comments on the lack of Climb X2, would the judges mind an additional power (Climb X2) added to the card? I realize this is dangerously close to workshopping, but I don't see it influencing the price at all, and it's a minor annoyance.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

We've discussed similar issues to this one with respect to other cards recently, Scytale. My understanding was that you can place OMs on dead figure's cards, but cannot (formally) "reveal" them to trigger other powers.

That said, I agree that "and before taking a turn" would clear this matter up.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

As an former judge and as a custom geek...I really like Grommell, SoA. Nice job.
I hope he works out and our judges agree to review him, because I would like to see if this one makes it to the SoV list.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; November 9th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm concerned about him being a Small 3 dwarf without Climb x2. Mogrimm and Ulfrid are both Medium 4 to get around that limitation.

As for the rest, I am still thinking it over, but I like this unit.
I would like some kind of reason for why he is Small 3 instead of Medium 4. It doesn't have to be a terribly good reason, but I want to know your rationale. 2nd-EDIT: I actually like Small 3 better, so my question is, rather, why Small 3 without Climb x2. If it were up to me, all the dwarves would have remained Small 3 with Climb x2 unless they had more than two other powers and really needed the space.

EDIT: I would not be opposed to you adding that third power, SoA. I would prefer he stay small rather than be bumped up to Medium.

Also, Zaphod, you're a "former judge" not an "ex-judge."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; November 9th, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: What a ninja
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm concerned about him being a Small 3 dwarf without Climb x2. Mogrimm and Ulfrid are both Medium 4 to get around that limitation.

As for the rest, I am still thinking it over, but I like this unit.
I would like some kind of reason for why he is Small 3 instead of Medium 4. It doesn't have to be a terribly good reason, but I want to know your rationale. 2nd-EDIT: I actually like Small 3 better, so my question is, rather, why Small 3 without Climb x2. If it were up to me, all the dwarves would have remained Small 3 with Climb x2 unless they had more than two other powers and really needed the space.

EDIT: I would not be opposed to you adding that third power, SoA. I would prefer he stay small rather than be bumped up to Medium.

Also, Zaphod, you're a "former judge" not an "ex-judge."

@ ZBeeblebrox- Thank you!

@ caps- The reason for the Small 3 is simple enough: he's small. The miniature is closer to Axegrinder size than it is to Ulfrid size. I guess I just forgot to put Climb X2 in the initial write-up, and it never occurred to me to add it after that. A gross oversight on my part, which I intend to ask awesomeunleashed (there has got to be a better way to abbreviate that username) to fix it.

'Runs off-scene clumsily to ask for a card change'
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Scytale, how could it trigger off of a dead figure? A dead figure can't be within 6 clear sight spaces of Grommel.
Oh yeah, duh. Somehow I missed that bit. Even better. Still want to see the time of activation clarification though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
We've discussed similar issues to this one with respect to other cards recently, Scytale. My understanding was that you can place OMs on dead figure's cards, but cannot (formally) "reveal" them to trigger other powers.
Curious. While this doesn't matter for this unit (see above), I'd like to see that discussion. The D&D rulebook is clear that revealing an order marker is mandatory, even if you are unable to take a turn due to all figures on the card being dead.

As for the Climb issue, I am oddly ambivalent. Normally I would say it's necessary for a short melee figure, but for a bonding hero with lots of text I'm willing to go without.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ulfrid is basically the same size as Migol Ironwill, I believe, if not smaller.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs