Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 14th, 2017, 12:14 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
More Templar and Marro Warriors.

Raelin and Krav.

Raelin v2 and Marro Warriors
Can't fit the first and last... 2 Templar and 2 Rats are 20hexes. Guess I should've mentioned that: 180pts/4hexes filler
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:58 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Oh, your tourney is using hex limits instead of figure limits? Lame.

Raelin and Krav is a pretty good option then.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 15th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Rats x2
Templar x2
180pt Filler
500pts/?? hexes

Thoughts on the filler? Q9 fits the bill perfectly and gives a special attack but I'd rather not play Q9 because, well... he's Q9 (and I'm already playing Rats).
That's the army I took to my second ever tournament. Really fun. I love Templar and rats together. (I also love both rats and Q9, together or separately. I'm not a bad person though, I promise.)

Like others are suggesting, I think the most powerful ranged units you're comfortable with are what makes the army strongest. However, if you want to double down on theme you could go for Sir Dupuis and then top up with Guilty or Marcu and Isamu.

Edit. Oops, I see you'd already thought of Dupuis/Eldgrim. I got excited when I saw the first army and didn't read the rest of your post properly.
Old January 15th, 2017, 02:36 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Oh, your tourney is using hex limits instead of figure limits? Lame.
With a 16 figure limit none of those options would work since the 2 Templar and Rats are 14 figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Rats x2
Templar x2
180pt Filler
500pts/?? hexes

Thoughts on the filler? Q9 fits the bill perfectly and gives a special attack but I'd rather not play Q9 because, well... he's Q9 (and I'm already playing Rats).
That's the army I took to my second ever tournament. Really fun. I love Templar and rats together. (I also love both rats and Q9, together or separately. I'm not a bad person though, I promise.)

Like others are suggesting, I think the most powerful ranged units you're comfortable with are what makes the army strongest. However, if you want to double down on theme you could go for Sir Dupuis and then top up with Guilty or Marcu and Isamu.

Edit. Oops, I see you'd already thought of Dupuis/Eldgrim. I got excited when I saw the first army and didn't read the rest of your post properly.
I'll believe you.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

So I've been wanting to try the Death Knights and do a new battle type, which is Five Card Stud (yes, like the one Legoboy and Canuck did). Here's the army I conjured up:

DKoVx3-180
Crixus-90
Heirloom-90
Migol-110
Eldgrim-30

Feedback welcome.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:16 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
So I've been wanting to try the Death Knights and do a new battle type, which is Five Card Stud (yes, like the one Legoboy and Canuck did). Here's the army I conjured up:

DKoVx3-180
Crixus-90
Heirloom-90
Migol-110
Eldgrim-30

Feedback welcome.
Looks like it would be difficult on your OMs. Maybe you could trade a hero for one that bonds with the Death Knights. Maybe switch Crixus for Sir Hawthorne or something like that. Or even switch Crixus and Heirloom for Taelord since the Death Knights benefit pretty well from that extra die on attack.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Thanks! I'll think I'll put in Hawthorne in place of Hierloom. Always looks good with the DKoV.
Old January 24th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Opps. He did it again.

So I'm planning a Hero battle and Monster mash. For the Monster mash (560) battle I have conjured up this:
Krug-120
Nilfheim-185
GIE-130
Stingersx2-120
Total-555
For the Hero battle (600)I have this:
Krug-120
Nilfheim-185
DrakeV2-170
Siege-120
Total-595
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good. If you wanted to be a jerky-jerk you could trade Drake v2 and Siege for Drake v1 and Q9...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 26th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Opps. He did it again.

I actually thought about that, but my friend hates it when I use Quiggly. I try to limit my use of him.
Old January 27th, 2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Rats x2
Templar x2
180pt/4 hex Filler
???pts/?? hexes
Still considering options for this... How would Concan and the C3V's new Sentinels of Grax fill in?
Old January 27th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

That is an army I would love to play (and might well do so very soon). Do it! And report back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion