Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Themed Booster Voting (Allies & Sidekicks)

What's important for C3G is that the best possible design for any character is created.

Others can and do come up with ideas that are better than what a Hero had in mind for a particular design. In that instance, a Hero can give up their draft choice to another Hero, Sidekick or Ally who is passionate about that character and has a good idea to run with.
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Swamper, what GP said. We are willing to allow any C3G member to design something if they have a great idea, regardless if it has been drafted or not.

Our drafting was actually created as a simple way to structurally brainstorm and give Heroes a chance to post their thoughts on a design with 1 single post that we keep on file there. We even call the thread "The Brainstorming Thread".
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To further elaborate on the Hero Draft situation, I am a firm believer (as are the Heroes), that in order to get the best possible interpretation of certain characters, the design process needs to be private.

Many public designs can stagnate in the design phase, often bogged down by the 'too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen' syndrome. Recently, we kicked around a Public Batman, and it eventually ran out of steam because, frankly, there are hundreds of ways you can go with a 'Name' like Batman, and there were simply too many directions people wanted to see. A design like that in public would be incredibly slow.

So sometimes the Heroes 'pull rank' simply to avoid this problem, as well.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, that put me in my place.

Now I know a little more about how this project works!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, it's always good to hear from the public!

Old July 28th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wouldn't be totally against posting a list of units we've drafted but, yeah, sometimes I think it's good to work on units that you love and that have been drafted even if a hero's not willing to give them up for the following reasons:

1) All design work is good practice towards becoming a better designer, whether it ends up on a card or not
2) Good powers are good powers, and just because the character they're on won't make it on to a card doesn't mean the powers can't be used elsewhere - no reason to stifle creativity there, especially when so many comic book characters have so much thematic overlap
3) There's no saying that if a design is really mind blowingly awesome, a hero wouldn't give it up or even support another version of it being made. God knows there are enough sculpts out there for some of the more popular characters to make a dozen different versions of each ...

Anyway, what I really want to know, since you guys are seeming to be down on thematic boosters (which is fine - it was a fruitful experience in my book, looking at the booster and a half of awesomeness it's produced) - what do you think of the idea that was posted here of letting the selection process for designs be a bit more NM24 like (in the name of getting more LDs involved more consistently) and letting the current LD of a design choose who follows him when he's done (and which design of theirs)?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
BUT, if we want to please everyone, I have an idea that I can't believe I haven't seen mentioned yet.

1 Themed Booster and one A La Carte booster at the same time.

Both problems solved.
I still think this is a genius idea and can't understand why we wouldn't all agree to it.
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
BUT, if we want to please everyone, I have an idea that I can't believe I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Both problems solved.
I still think this is a genius idea and can't understand why we wouldn't all agree to it.
Inconsistency is the devil's playground?

(Wait, that doesn't make sense...)

I would agree to just about any plan, but will continue to trumpet support for direct theme boosters.
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:13 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My vote will be for One Themed Booster, and One A La Carte Booster at the same time.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:35 AM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post
My vote will be for One Themed Booster, and One A La Carte Booster at the same time.
Vote Version 3. I vote for this. (Look up)

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I wouldn't be totally against posting a list of units we've drafted but, yeah, sometimes I think it's good to work on units that you love and that have been drafted even if a hero's not willing to give them up for the following reasons:

1) All design work is good practice towards becoming a better designer, whether it ends up on a card or not
2) Good powers are good powers, and just because the character they're on won't make it on to a card doesn't mean the powers can't be used elsewhere - no reason to stifle creativity there, especially when so many comic book characters have so much thematic overlap
3) There's no saying that if a design is really mind blowingly awesome, a hero wouldn't give it up or even support another version of it being made. God knows there are enough sculpts out there for some of the more popular characters to make a dozen different versions of each ...

Anyway, what I really want to know, since you guys are seeming to be down on thematic boosters (which is fine - it was a fruitful experience in my book, looking at the booster and a half of awesomeness it's produced) - what do you think of the idea that was posted here of letting the selection process for designs be a bit more NM24 like (in the name of getting more LDs involved more consistently) and letting the current LD of a design choose who follows him when he's done (and which design of theirs)?
I think that would be a good idea, as long as everyone has enough good-will to not use favoritism when picking the person who's design follows.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

Both problems solved.
I thought so too. Just kind of monitoring the discussion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy