Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 24th, 2019, 02:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Yeah, I like the idea of a spirit downgrade, but we would then have to seriously consider one power or the other.
Old June 24th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

That thing looks so much like an Utgar Kyrie that I almost don't see the tail. The tail is a problem, though.

Even without calling him a Kyrie, the look and the strong color scheme scream Utgar. I may just hardvote against if the design has anything else.

I like the concept of Misfortune Aura, though I dislike the power name for an intimidating figure like this. I'd prefer something like Dominance.

I actually do like mixing a cheerleading power with the negative spirit idea. That gives the opponent the hard choice of whether or not to kill him off. That does, however, require that the two negatives be relatively even in power level. Without that the choice goes away, but even then I kind of like that it still puts pressure on the opponent.

I'm against making him a Warlord, unless he lacks a cheerleading power entirely, or one that would also negatively affect his bonders. Darklord is better, if we want to go the synergy route.
Old June 24th, 2019, 09:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
That thing looks so much like an Utgar Kyrie that I almost don't see the tail. The tail is a problem, though.

Even without calling him a Kyrie, the look and the strong color scheme scream Utgar. I may just hardvote against if the design has anything else.
Protokyrie solves the tail issue. Cavemen didn’t look exactly like humans, so why couldn’t a cave-kyrie look somewhat different? Still hits that Kyrie theme without having to call him a Kyrie (unless you guys want to lump them in with Kyrie similar to Durgeth getting the big skulls-for-trophies guy).

I’m mostly advocating the direction because its a Master Set and people like me would like to see some classic races in there if at all possible.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Protokyrie solves the tail issue.
I'm not a fan of Protokyrie. Valhallan Hybrid?
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Unhappy Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Protokyrie solves the tail issue.
I'm not a fan of Protokyrie. Valhallan Hybrid?
That could work.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 25th, 2019, 05:40 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

What if we just give [OB] the aura and save the negative spirit for maybe Sorin.

Long live heroscape
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:16 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Actually I think the Negative Spirit is one of the best ideas I've had (not saying its the greatest idea ever - I'm sure there are customs on the site with them that were made when only RotV was out). This alongside a negative aura makes it really give pause to opponent on whether to kill the unit first. Maybe they would change their strategy to use Unique Squads or Heroes without a special attack first and only kill [ON] after they are mostly dead as the Spirit does the most damage to Unique units with multiple normal attacks. But for the player this allows the unit to use the full aura most of the game, unlike Raelin or Taelord who are usually targeted pretty quickly.

The negative aura should be slightly better than the negative Spirit, and I think making people rereoll defense die is one of those that is sometimes powerful and sometimes not so I think is good to pair, plus I like it makes you think about it - I.E. if a hero rolls 2 shields out of 4 when you get 3 skulls - do you take the one wound or make them reroll hoping for more but possibly get screwed? The only thing I am not sure of if Aura of 4 is too good but I with this aura and spirit the unit should probably cost 120-140 or so (on par with or better than Raelin 2.0)

My but I think pairing a negative aura with a negative spirit is totally a "Heroscape thing" and seems perfect counter to Finn/Thorgrim and this master set's version of Raelin.
Old June 25th, 2019, 02:44 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It’s tough to know how powerful Misfortune aura is given that it works a bit differently from most other auras. Forcing a reroll is decently powerful but having to keep the enemy within range is a lot trickier to do than keeping your units in range. That being the case, a combination of aura and negative spirit power could actually work here, though I would probably bring down the stats from my initial writeup from 4/4 to 3/3 to ensure that he doesn’t also end up as a decent beatstick.

For species and class, I’m only interested in Darklord if this figure ends up as a Demon. I think it would be strange to give a Kyrie a synergy class when all the rest of them just get Warrior.
Old June 25th, 2019, 06:59 PM

Fakeraistlin is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I’m ambivalent on adding in a negative spirit power. It’s a cool mechanic and implementation, but if we’re already using a fairly potent cheerleading ability than it may be a bit much. It does force some decision-making on the opponent’s part, though, which I kind of like.

For a name, something like Weakness Spirit or Weakening Curse would work.
Nice mechanic .... Maybe saved...for Jura see my post there.....

Ditto for theme being demon...Darklord,relentless and jinx abilities, do you think he would be overpowered to bond...vakrill undead or demon kind?
Old June 25th, 2019, 07:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakeraistlin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I’m ambivalent on adding in a negative spirit power. It’s a cool mechanic and implementation, but if we’re already using a fairly potent cheerleading ability than it may be a bit much. It does force some decision-making on the opponent’s part, though, which I kind of like.

For a name, something like Weakness Spirit or Weakening Curse would work.
Nice mechanic .... Maybe saved...for Jura see my post there.....

Ditto for theme being demon...Darklord,relentless and jinx abilities, do you think he would be overpowered to bond...vakrill undead or demon kind?
If he's a Darklord (which I'm personally in favor of) then he already gets bonding with the Wolves of Badru, so I don't think adding additional valkrill undead or demon bonding would be necessary or mechanically clean.

I also like the idea of giving him a negative aura, but I'm not sure about whether I like forcing opponents to reroll defense. For one thing, new players (who this set is aiming to appeal to) could be confused as to how the timing works. New players could potentially think that attack and defense are supposed to be rolled simultaneously, and thus the defender should choose whether or not to reroll before seeing the attacker's roll. I recognize that this interpretation is probably unlikely, but its still something I'd rather avoid entirely.

Also, I wonder how much rerolling multiple defense rolls per turn would slow down the game... I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of the reason Andask's Orb of Vengeance can only be used once per turn.
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Negative aura and negative spirit sounds cool! (Incidentally, the Lantern Geists could shake him off in their current state. ) Could "borrow" Gothok's power and make it Utgar:

AURA OF ANGUISH
All figures within 4 clear sight spaces of OB roll 1 less defense die. Figures that follow Utgar are not affected by Aura of Anguish/Misery/Sorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Also, I wonder how much rerolling multiple defense rolls per turn would slow down the game... I wouldn't be surprised if that is part of the reason Andask's Orb of Vengeance can only be used once per turn.
From what I recall it was more about power level on multi-attackers, but yeah slowing down the game too much would be no good.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 26th, 2019, 09:12 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

I like the negative spirit power idea.

What if he prevented units near him from being targeted by ranged units or reduce ranged attack dice as an aura? I'm not sure if that power exists already for a support unit?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs