Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 24th, 2010, 10:20 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Albany Event - GrimFoeGames D3 Release Party(Date Unknown)

Based on the success of lastest Heroscape event at their store, GrimFoeGames.com is looking to have a release party for D3.

Rolling Rumble Format
- All armies must include a figure from the new release.(D3)
- Store will have D3 available to buy and is offering a Pre-Order of 45+tax for a wave.
- Points and more will come later as I discuss it with the owners.

Any interest of attending please leave your name below and we will get more details.

The idea is to celebrate the new release.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; October 26th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Albany Event - GrimFoeGames D3 Release Party(November 20

I'm certainly interested. I was at the event yesterday and really liked the store and the owners.

However, two events on consecutive weeks is a big chunk of time and I'm likely to be busy at work so I don't know if I can do both. The other has been announced for a while and is less than a couple of hours away from this one; I hope you don't reduce the crowd that can attend the Brattleboro event. The Brattleboro event is certainly the priority for me, and only partly because it's ten minutes from my house. More Heroscape events is always a good thing but I worry that by loading them in quick succession you reduce the number of attendees. Have you thought about pushing this back a couple of weeks?
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:55 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I can talk to the owners, the idea was to have an event for more local Albany to attend, but at the same time opening it up to anyone who wants to attend. Since the set coming out that Tuesday, its the first weekend after the release of the product.

Therefore... trying to strike while the iron is hot type of deal.

Given the Casual nature of the event, I don't know if it will cause people not to go BattleBoro.

I don't know if you can capture the same feel if you have the event 2-3 weeks after the release.

Old October 24th, 2010, 05:02 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'm certainly interested. I was at the event yesterday and really liked the store and the owners.

However, two events on consecutive weeks is a big chunk of time and I'm likely to be busy at work so I don't know if I can do both. The other has been announced for a while and is less than a couple of hours away from this one; I hope you don't reduce the crowd that can attend the Brattleboro event. The Brattleboro event is certainly the priority for me, and only partly because it's ten minutes from my house. More Heroscape events is always a good thing but I worry that by loading them in quick succession you reduce the number of attendees. Have you thought about pushing this back a couple of weeks?
Please don't. I sent out PMs yesterday and still noone has posted...
Thank you.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

It wasn't clear from your post that it's going to be "casual", and I'm not really sure what that means anyway. What do you have in mind?

My worry is that, say, the Sweeney family or ZombieKnight now won't consider the Brattleboro event because they have this closer one coming up the following week. When we are talking about events that attract somewhere in the 10-30 people range, 5 people is a big deal.

My gut is pulling in two opposing directions: more Herocape events is a good thing and pulling attendance from another local event is a bad thing. I have no idea whether that second concern is valid or reasonable but it was my first thought when I saw you were putting this together.
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Kinseth, since I don't think the Sweeney family is on the sight, would you mind at least mentioning my Brattleboro event when you tell them about the Release Party?

Old October 24th, 2010, 05:26 PM

I consider Rolling Rumble Format to be a casual event, loose structure easy for people to come and go as they please and play.

I'll discuss it with the owners, though I don't know if I agree with that less options is good. Sometimes people can't make option A and if there is no Option B, they don't get to play heroscape at all.

But I'll discuss it with the owners and see if they wish to do something else, after last event this is the plan we came up with. You have to understand they are a business hoping to get into a niche like Heroscape, who can fault them for wanting to succeed?

I am simply working with them because they offer a nice place to play and are very accomdating to us(as those who were there at the last event can tell.) And I would love to have Heroscape flourish in a place like Albany NY. I think alot of issues with heroscape not being held more often in the area is lack of tournament support by a store. Given that here is a store that wishes to back a monthly event or bi-monthly I think its great for heroscape.

Old October 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I consider Rolling Rumble Format to be a casual event, loose structure easy for people to come and go as they please and play.

I'll discuss it with the owners, though I don't know if I agree with that less options is good. Sometimes people can't make option A and if there is no Option B, they don't get to play heroscape at all.

But I'll discuss it with the owners and see if they wish to do something else, after last event this is the plan we came up with. You have to understand they are a business hoping to get into a niche like Heroscape, who can fault them for wanting to succeed?

I am simply working with them because they offer a nice place to play and are very accomdating to us(as those who were there at the last event can tell.) And I would love to have Heroscape flourish in a place like Albany NY. I think alot of issues with heroscape not being held more often in the area is lack of tournament support by a store. Given that here is a store that wishes to back a monthly event or bi-monthly I think its great for heroscape.
It's nice and loose, but the Brattleboro event would be like any other event, not casual. I think, after reading your store's "plan", that having a bi-monthly event at your store would be the casual thing.

Old October 25th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I think something of what you're missing from reading the boards rather than attending many of the recent events over on the east coast is that what you're describing as "casual" with the Rolling Rumble and such is now standard. Saturday's event was the most "formal" one I've been to for a long time (and no worse for that; I like different styles) but what you're saying here is that this event is going to be more like the usual events in the broader area, at least to the east of you, rather than less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth

As I said above, I can certainly see that this event might be a good thing. More Heroscape, other things being equal, is better than less. I guess I'd encourage you to acknowledge though that something can be a good thing on balance without being an unmitigated good thing in every respect.

If this event attracts 20 people and causes 1 fewer person to attend Scapemage's event, then on balance I think we'd all agree that holding this event is the right choice. If you attract 12 people and cause 8 fewer to attend Scapemage's event then I think I'd lean the other way. In both instances you've reduced attendance at a previously announced event in a way that could be foreseen. What concerns me is that you don't seem to have given any consideration to this. To what extent have you canvassed the Sweeneys, Zombieknight, Shades Fan etc.? It's not like you are unaware of the issue given that this same conversation was had in preparation for the event you just ran a week after NHSD.

It's great that the store wants to get something regular together. I really liked the store and hope that succeeds. The impression from the first post is not of such a causal monthly arrangement though (as it gives no indication of either casualness or monthliness). Perhaps you can talk more to the Albany area crowd to get a sense of whether my concerns are valid?

Scapemage, the Sweeneys know about your event, we talked about it on Saturday.
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Did they say anything about attending?

Regarding your other comments... if this event is pulling people from my event mainly because D3 will be there, I may just have to reveal what the prize support is in order to get a good crowd in Brattleboro. The person talked too said it was ok to reveal it...

Old October 26th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Thank you. Did they say anything about attending?

Regarding your other comments... if this event is pulling people from my event mainly because D3 will be there, I may just have to reveal what the prize support is in order to get a good crowd in Brattleboro. The person talked too said it was ok to reveal it...
They're thinking about it.

I don't think it's anything to do with prizes. I suspect only a pretty small fraction of the attendees care a great deal about prizes---for most I think it's just a nice add-on to the real reasons for being there (playing 'scape with a good group of people).

The reason I worry that it might pull players from your event is that I think not many casual players are enthusiastic enough to go to two events in a row and the NY players that might have come to yours will now choose this one instead. I have no evidence for this, it's just speculation.
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Re: Albany Event - GrimFoeGames D3 Release Party(Date Unknow

Ive changed the date on the event to "Unknown" for now. Until things really can be finalized.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events