Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:59 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Wow, a Johngee run tournament! Sounds like a blast but I will unfortunately be away that weekend. Hope you get a ton of new Scapers signed up and that I can make it out next time.
Old September 4th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'll see if I can make it John.

Old September 6th, 2015, 02:28 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Johngee. Mason and i might be able to make it around 2 that day. If the HS tourney pans out ot would be great to play again.
Old September 6th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We have one coming up in November, northgate, if you can make the trip. It's good to see you post again.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:32 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Wow, a Johngee run tournament! Sounds like a blast but I will unfortunately be away that weekend. Hope you get a ton of new Scapers signed up and that I can make it out next time.
(~~lol~~) Yeah, SURPRISE! What is the world coming to? Recruiting a "ton of new 'Scapers" is highly unlikely. I'm just hoping that I can interest enough players to try it - out of curiosity - to make it worthwhile for me to haul and set up a bunch of crap 100+ miles away.

I expect that this will be LESS of a tournament and MORE of casual day of gaming, but I'm willing to play one 'Scape game after another, all day, as long as anyone shows any interest. That's why I was hoping that at least a couple of knowledgeable 'Scapers would show up to try out different armies and help teach the potential newbies while playing their games.

Sorry that you can't make it to this one, but hope we can keep in touch to plan on getting together soon. How was the Casual Game Day at GK, in WC? Let me know when you guys want to do something like that again. &OBTW: If you're free and interested, I'll be at All The King's Men in Pitman, NJ tomorrow evening (Mon.9/14). Some of the games on the agenda are: Dead of Winter, Battlestar Galactica, Robo Rally, Splendor, and Star Wars: X-Wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'll see if I can make it John.
Whoohoo, yea! Hope you can make it TW. It will be great to see you and whatever other NY'ers you can bring with you. It may be a LONG drive ( not as long though as going all the way to the savage merry land, haha ), but Park Church is VERY EASY to get find. Take Garden State Parkway SOUTH to exit #105 (Eatontown); THEN take the Jersey Jug Handle to make a Left turn onto Hope Road at the first intersection; THEN turn left at the next intersection onto Park Road and drive about 500 ft. to the 3rd building on the right.

I am planning to change the FORMAT a bit, so keep reading to see all the details below along with my explanation and intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post
Johngee. Mason and i might be able to make it around 2 that day. If the HS tourney pans out it would be great to play again.
Whooohooo... YAY! It will also be GREAT to see you guys again and hopefully play some 'Scape again. We haven't heard from you in such a long time, I am glad that I decided on a whim to include you in the invite and that you responded. How often do you check this site, or was it just on a whim as well?

Don't worry about arriving at 2-ish, just get there if you can. It's a Casual Day of Board Gaming for the whole community, so there will be other games being played throughout the hall. I offered to run a HS Demo all day because a couple of guys expressed an interest in it whenever I made a reference to it when discussing other games. I'm hoping that you can walk in whenever, play a few games, and leave if you have, or even leave and come back to continue.

This is not going to be like a typical tournament that we experienced at other venues. Because there may be players (younglings and adults) trying HeroScape for the first time, I don't want any of them to feel intimidated by getting steamrollered by hoards of A+ units. Therefore, I have decided to change the Format a little bit to encourage more variety and diversity of units in armies for a broader experience for all of the participants (rookies and us veterans).

With three weeks until the event, I am still open to suggestions, but I am now considering a modification of a Format that I initially referred to as "They're All Unique" until @clancampbell informed me that it's called the "Highlander Format."

NEW FORMAT for the October 3rd Event in Tinton Falls, NJ
Each participant should bring FIVE (5x) 400 Point Armies to be able to play five games and NOT use the same army twice. Each player will use a different 400 point Army for each game that they play. This is just in case anyone needs to play the same opponent more than once to complete five games. Armies may consist of any Classic Hasbro HS units, WotC D&D-'scape units, and published C3V units, with a maximum of ONLY TWO (2x) of the same Common or Uncommon units in any Army. NO Marvel 'Scape or C3G Superheroes will be permitted. However, proxy figures for standard HS Stat Cards will be allowed (and encouraged in order to demonstrate the dynamic potential of this game system to the newbies). I will be bringing five BoV maps and providing ten 400 pt. Armies, so you can use my armies, if you choose or bring your own 2,000 pts. worth of characters. Opponents will be as randomly selected as possible with no Swiss-Style Pairing. There will be partial card scoring with each player receiving points for their opponent's figures that they wound and/or eliminate. The points for each game will be accumulated into a final total for the five best games to determine the Tournament Winner. I will have a trophy for the highest scoring player and some prize support (maybe cookies) for the participants to select from with the highest scoring person ("the winner") getting first pick of what's been donated, 2nd place gets 2nd pick, etc.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; September 14th, 2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Corrected typo's
Old September 14th, 2015, 07:47 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry, but I can't make this event - I have tickets to see the Mets that day. Have fun!
Old September 16th, 2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Sorry, but I can't make this event - I have tickets to see the Mets that day. Have fun!
Okay - you're excused.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 25th, 2015, 04:05 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

@ Johngee Working on getting the workday off. Should know by early next week. Would love to be able to do this though!
Old September 28th, 2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post
@ Johngee Working on getting the workday off. Should know by early next week. Would love to be able to do this though!
@Northgate -
It would be great to see you there. I might be playing solo, but I'll be there all day from 2 - 10 pm. I will tally up the Wins and Losses and accumulate Victory Points to declare a 1st place winner, but it's going to be more of a casual gaming day just for the fun of it with hopefully some first time players trying it out of curiosity... No one will have to finish FIVE Games to qualify, but it could boost your VP score ~haha~

REMEMBER that I changed the format for Armies - 400 total points and maximum of only TWO (2) of any Common or Uncommon Hero or Squad. C3V units and proxies are acceptable, but no Marvel or C3G Superheroes - please.

Old September 30th, 2015, 02:55 PM

@Johngee . Got confirmation that I am off of work on Saturday. Mason and I will see you around 2. Looking fwd. To it.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 11:02 AM

@Northgate - Whoohoo, that's awesome news. It will be great to see you guys again.

Old January 22nd, 2016, 07:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey fellas!

Heroscape returns to Savage on 3/12. I hope some of you can join us!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events