Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Old May 14th, 2016, 10:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: AotP Question Dump

your right that deadly strike does not count on a LEA, but a LEA can activate a hidden enchantment on a figure that has a hidden enchantment on them. The unblockable wound is the same as heroscape. I don't know if I understood the previous question wrong, as I wasn't talking about deadly strike. The opponent can choose not to roll for a leaving engagement attack.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not confident LEA trigger Hidden Enchantments, but I'm on my phone right now and researching on the phone is more hassle than fun for me.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Confred , I'm thinking that if an enchanted unit attacks another unit with a hidden enchantment you can play the enchantment. A lea is an attack.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 14th, 2016, 11:06 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Confred , I'm thinking that if an enchanted unit attacks another unit with a hidden enchantment you can play the enchantment. A lea is an attack.
I just checked the AotP rulebook:

Leaving an engagement: ".......may take a 'leaving-engagement attack' at your figure. To do this......... rolls one combat die to attack."

That actually does lead me to believe that LEA is an attack that would trigger hidden enchants that have the "must be attacked" condition (I am relatively unfamiliar with the game, so no enchants come to my mind at the moment, lol.)
Old May 14th, 2016, 11:12 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
a LEA is an attack.
This is the part that I'm unsure of. I know, if not, the naming is counter intuitive, but we've learned from Syvarris not all attacks are 'attacks'.

Old May 14th, 2016, 11:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm pretty sure that a LEA is not an attack in Heroscape, ergo it is not one in AotP.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Did we ever get an official ruling on using multiples of the same spell?

Everything I have read states there is no rule against it but there is some mention that it was intended to be limited to one of each spell and is more balanced that way.
Anyone have an answer here?

It seems to be a big unknown that is really important.

I am not sure how fair it is to have 12 Bountiful Harvest spell cards.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Well I think the spells must be exactly 12 cards and exactly 200 points. I would personally expect only one copy of a given card to be allowed.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Exactly 12 cards yes, 200 or less points as per the rule book.

So you could have 12 Bountiful Harvest spells at 180 points.

That is unless we get an official ruling against it, which feels right.

Otherwise it is off to copy a dozen B H cards.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 15th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Why have Shock when you can have Lightning Bolt? When you're allowed only one of each.

Old May 15th, 2016, 08:24 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Jace's Scatter Arc

Code:
"Hidden Enchant Planeswalker
Flip Scatter Arc over the next time an opponent plays an enchantment. 
Counter that enchantment. Destroy Scatter Arc."
Does this permanently destroy opponents enchantment or only for this turn? It sounds to me like it destroys Scatter Arc and temporarily counters the opposing echantment.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 15th, 2016, 08:39 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Jace's Scatter Arc

Code:
"Hidden Enchant Planeswalker
Flip Scatter Arc over the next time an opponent plays
an enchantment. Counter that enchantment.
Destroy Scatter Arc."
Does this permanently destroy opponents enchantment or only for this turn? It sounds to me like it destroys Scatter Arc and temporarily counters the opposing echantment.
No. In Magic, when a spell is countered, it goes directly to the graveyard and has no effect. It does not return to the caster's hand. The sequence of events works as follows:

1. You play Scatter Arc.
2. Opponent plays an enchantment.
3. You flip over Scatter Arc, countering the enchantment.
4. The enchantment is countered. It goes to its owner's graveyard. It does not change zones.
5. Scatter Arc goes is destroyed, and is put into your graveyard.

When a spell is countered, it is essentially destroyed. It doesn't return. All "counterspells" in this game are permanent.

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs