Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:39 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
I know I’ll back it before 45 days are up. I’d do it right now, but end of the month bills (and one very stupid cat’s trip to the ER-she’s fine now) wiped me out for a couple weeks.
Just FYI - Regardless of when you pledge, you won't be charged until November 15. (And if it doesn't reach the goal, you won't be charged at all.)
Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:43 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
A basic tier and a terrain only tier as options would significantly widen the pool of backers, IMO. All-or-nothing cuts people out. Will it be enough people to swing this one way or another? We'll see.

But in my experience, crowdfunding is all about momentum, and the way this is set up and with stretch goals being so limited and at such a high level, it really doesn't seem designed to build that momentum well from a marketing perspective.
Yeah I thought it would be good for terrain only to be available as well. I'm getting two sets, but I'd also throw in an extra ruins and tree set on top of that if I could, but I'm not gonna buy a third set just for more of the trees and ruins

And if someone wanted to come in and just get the hex terrain for some other game, I think they should have been able to pitch in for that, because as it is they aren't contributing anything at all now since they don't need the figures and other pieces
Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Go checkout any CMON or other KS. They have videos, pictures, demos, rule books, painted examples, so much content to drool over. I fell the haslab is like an Amazon listing, just not very exciting.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'll guess that the form of the final Haslab offering was a compromise between CVN/ the other two guys at the PulseCon presentation/the War Council, and the more powerful execs at Hasbro (aka "Evil Suits.") This community's efforts to be made now were most likely part of the former's pitch to the latter.

Local pal Ishmel just noted that when at the PulseCon they said "and Chas is here too," he thought he was going to see me! Chas Mariller is a BGG guy who does great How To Play videos, and is the kind of hobby influencer who we need to get on board for this project. I hope we see more of them rally around soon, and some of their videos on youtube/BGG.

I'll always hate Disney for pulling the plug on a potential John Carter of Mars franchise by sabotaging the movie, threby dishonoring the 100 year old pulp ancestor of almost all the SciFi/Fantasy we've seen since then, not to mention the many creative talents who had tried to make the film for decades.* Now I'll never get the Martian toys that I've been waiting for my whole long life.

At least this time we can participate in a possible success. Let's go for it! And have no regrets afterwards, win or lose.

*If you want to know the story, read John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood whose author at the time actually begged the new Disney regime not to do it!
Old October 2nd, 2022, 09:56 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

I cannot conceive of getting 8000 backers only out of existing heroscape true believers. How many does haslab think are left after 10 years? A significant fraction of them are on this forum.
Active Members on Heroscapers according to the bottom of the forum front page: 26,482

But how many of those are bots? I just did a quick count of the "users currently online", and 63/110 are grossly obvious bots (e.g. Juliahi , Juliayn , Julibff , Julidpr , Julifnm , Julifzz , Julignd , Julihis , Juliiuq , Julijzh , Julilyh , Julimpt , Julimpy , Julimtb , Julinnn , Julipcc , Juliqcd , Julirlu , Julitzl , Julixec , Juliyvs , Julizqh) , and I'm sure others are more subtle.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

I cannot conceive of getting 8000 backers only out of existing heroscape true believers. How many does haslab think are left after 10 years? A significant fraction of them are on this forum.
Active Members on Heroscapers according to the bottom of the forum front page: 26,482

But how many of those are bots? I just did a quick count of the "users currently online", and 63/110 are grossly obvious bots (e.g. Juliahi , Juliayn , Julibff , Julidpr , Julifnm , Julifzz , Julignd , Julihis , Juliiuq , Julijzh , Julilyh , Julimpt , Julimpy , Julimtb , Julinnn , Julipcc , Juliqcd , Julirlu , Julitzl , Julixec , Juliyvs , Julizqh) , and I'm sure others are more subtle.
At conservative estimate? 98%

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:04 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't pay much attention, but the bots seem to come in spurts. Usually nothing, then a mob, all at the same time. Admins seem to keep a good handle on them. I think the membership numbers are fairly accurate, it's the active humans we need to reach out to.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:06 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Hi Everyone, don't know if it's official, but I just saw Sir Heroscape's video where he mentioned that separate transactions DO count as separate backers.

Backed a second time.

I do think the 8000 is lofty, but we'll see how this goes
Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:12 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
I don't pay much attention, but the bots seem to come in spurts. Usually nothing, then a mob, all at the same time. Admins seem to keep a good handle on them. I think the membership numbers are fairly accurate, it's the active humans we need to reach out to.
There really are so, so many of them. Happily they join at much higher rates than they post and when they do post we're fairly efficient about banning them. But they're like ants where if you squish one, you can be fairly confident 30 more are running around unseen and nearby.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:57 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They really need to post examples of the master side version of the cards since the examples they posted look dreadful.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:11 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
They really need to post examples of the master side version of the cards since the examples they posted look dreadful.
They do.

Another thing I don't like is the full figure isn't even showing on the card. So if one is trying to paint the same as what is "canon", you can't follow the entire design...
Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:14 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
There really are so, so many of them. Happily they join at much higher rates than they post and when they do post we're fairly efficient about banning them. But they're like ants where if you squish one, you can be fairly confident 30 more are running around unseen and nearby.
Maybe they're more like Oathbound Phalanx where if you squish one, there'll be 30 more Oathbound Legionnaires running around nearby.

Upset City Baby.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion