Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old September 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Marvel version of BoV, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Even thoguh I'm not a judge, it sounds good to me. Although one thing I would change is the point value. Instead of being 400-600 points, due to the high point cost of marvel figures, I would say point cost should be 800-1000 point games.
The rulebook give 1200 points as the lowest amount for 2 player games. That should be the start level. If you figure that lots of Marvel players mix in customs, you want to have enough points to really mix it up.
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:57 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Even thoguh I'm not a judge, it sounds good to me. Although one thing I would change is the point value. Instead of being 400-600 points, due to the high point cost of marvel figures, I would say point cost should be 800-1000 point games.
The rulebook give 1200 points as the lowest amount for 2 player games. That should be the start level. If you figure that lots of Marvel players mix in customs, you want to have enough points to really mix it up.
Good . I play with 1000 points Marvel armies all the time. 1200 is great too.

I want to pos rep Peter for great the initiative, but I have to spread some rep first. :clap:

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; September 24th, 2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Pete, Looking good!

I agree with the increased army size proposed by the others.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree on increasing the size. How about 800-1200? We may have to increase the number of starting spaces to 12.

One issue I see is how to run tournaments. With so few Marvel characters, everyone is going to have the same armies. I envision having a tournament where you randomly get assigned one Marvel character, and you have to build up the rest of your army using Classic Heroscape. There could be a winner for who wins the tournament and a winner on who came up with the best theme army.

For example:
Dr. Doom - 245
Q10 - 150
Deathwalker 7000 - 100
Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Deathwalker 9000 - 140
775 Points - 6 Spaces

Capt. America - 220
Sgt Drake SOTM - 170
Airborne Elite - 110
Raelin - 80
Krav Mag - 100
Skahen - 120
800 Points - 11 Spaces

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

What about establishing "accepted" Classic HS figures that can be used for play? i.e. maintaining continuity with the loose stoyline therein.

It would be easy to pull from some of the existing threads here on "good" armies to play with Marvel.

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:40 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

If the maps are tailored for Marvel figures, why don't you allow Heroscape figures? They will be at disadvantage anyway. In other words, let people choose whatever they want to play. Why do we need to accept certain Heroscape figures and not other figures?

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
If the maps are tailored for Marvel figures, why don't you allow Heroscape figures? They will be at disadvantage anyway. In other words, let people choose whatever they want to play. Why do we need to accept certain Heroscape figures and not other figures?
I would think all figures would be fair game. My point was that for a tournament, one way of seting it up would be to have people required to build a classic heroscape army around 1 Marvel figure. Without something like that, it's going to be a lot of hulk on hulk type battles.

EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK OUT THE PROPOSED BY LAWS ON PAGE 14.

Last edited by peteparkerh; September 24th, 2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: fixing my spelling mistakes
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

With extreme heights and castle walls...original hs figures (don't call them "regular hs" ) will just drag your army down.

Another good thing or rather convenient thing if we go strict Marvel figures only is that we don't have to worry about double space unfriendly maps.

Also BOMB map makers will be tied down if they try to consider much about original hs figures.

If players want to draft original HS figs, then I guess it should be at their own risk and starting area expense (can we make that 10 spaces?). I wouldn't mind drafting Saylind to summon Cap Am near my Iron-Man on extreme height.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; September 25th, 2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I think if it were me I would stick to point totals around 800 pts. If you start getting too large while still limiting the starting zones you are just going to be having a bunch of Hulk, Surfer, Cap vs. Abom, Thanos & Doom games (you get the point), and with the extremely limited amount of Marvel figures you are going to be able to need to add classic scape to the games in order to get some variety. However, if you start getting nuts with the point totals you are going to have a hard time filling out your armies.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Mayor of Scape City

I'm moving the potential BoM rules to there own thread, so they are easily seen by others.

I propose that we shut down this thread...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios