Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM

jotun7 Woo who?
Different ways to use HeroScape

Different people like H.S. played different ways, e.g. amount of characters used, what characters used, small or big terrain etc. So I put up this thread to see how different ways people use the game HeroScape!
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM

jotun7 Woo who?
Re: Different ways to use HeroScape

I wanted to put up the ways that I use HeroScape. First, I like big terrain with not-too-high (like 4-9 hex) maximum heights. I also like using a lot of characters not using many squads. This was a test run of my Thread.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:50 PM

DeltaDemon has disabled reputation

I don't know if this was the intent of your post, but...

As well as playing HS, I also use HS terrain for other games. For example, I use HS terrain when playing Warhammer fantasy battle. This elimiknates my having to create all that terrain for table top battles.

I also use HS terrain and figures for my D&D campaigns. A while ago I used my HS terrain to represent an Island the Players were to explore.

If find Heroscape to be very flexible and can be used for a variety of games. In fact, the original reason why I purchased the game was to use the terrain for other games. I also was curious about the game itself, but my initial expenditure was in the assumption that I could always use the terrain and figures for other games if the Heroscape game istelf proved to be boring (which I found out it wasn't).
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tend to prefer maps that are small enough and designed in such a way that the players are forced into engagement within the first two turns, but not so small that the player with first initiative can bomb another player's start zone in the first turn. It's a fine line to walk in map design.

One of my favorite three player maps is Pinwheel Island where the central hub almost assures engagement. I also recently played on Paludal Passage which utilizes trees, bushes, water, and walls to funnel movement through narrow passages - another way to both encourage engagement and to encourage strategic unit placement (to help block or funnel the enemy's movement).

I also tend to dislike extreme elevation differences so I tend not to use the Fortress of the Archkyrie set, and when I do, I almost never build it more than one level high.

As to the army design, I am always using/trying out different units and army designs, so I can't say that there is "a way" that I tend to play Heroscape in this regard.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM

jotun7 Woo who?

I also tend to dislike extreme elevation differences so I tend not to use the Fortress of the Archkyrie set, and when I do, I almost never build it more than one level high.

~Z[/quote] Thats me too, but sometimes I use F.O.T.A for a huge wall than an actual castle.

"For HIS honor and glory!"
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:57 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I let my little kids (2 and 4 years) use so of them as action figures. I am very selective in what I make available to them. I typically let them use only the sturdy figures and ideally those that I have spares of.

Their favorites are the Omnicron Snipers that are pointing their guns straight out, the Duz-Teh with the rock club raised high ready to bonk someone, Major Q9 and Q10. Brunak is also liked, but I have only one brunak so I dont like him seeing much little kid play time.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM

jotun7 Woo who?

Sometimes I use them like action figures too, but not like over-rated, type stuff.

Old October 14th, 2009, 07:28 PM

WukieSlap Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
Sometimes I use them like action figures too, but not like over-rated, type stuff.
What could that possibly mean???? So confused lol.
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:52 AM

jotun7 Woo who?

I meant by over-rated, type stuff; was that I don't talk to my heroscape figures, haha!

Old October 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
I meant by over-rated, type stuff; was that I don't talk to my heroscape figures, haha!
Yeah, that didn't clear things up at all...
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:57 AM

jotun7 Woo who?

Wow, ok, I'll use english, I meant by over-rated type stuff, was that I don't talk to my figures while playing with them. So I'm not like: "Hey, Sujoah, you know you look like a fly?" to my characters. Lol.

But, Cavalier, how do you use HeroScape?

Old October 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Every time jotun7 posts, God kills a kitten.

Seriously dude, try English it's fun.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion