Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: WOtC has a new skirmish game comming out 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes too high. If they didn't expand off their main braches with Heroscape, they will discontinue this soon too. And don't you guys get it, they just want you to poor money into their pockets. Look maybe if we stop buying WotC and Hasbro's crap maybe they'll bring back 'Scape. But no you guys go and buy anything that looks like a new version of scape. Just my .
Oh don't worry. They're not getting one dollar from me.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the plan is to make it compatable with D&D somehow so you can have mini skirmish battles in your D&D game which follow somewhat the 4e rules. This is just a guess though.

Heroscape is nothing like D&D and I've tried in the past to encorportate into my D$D campain where the pc have armies and maintain them through points and such. It's a bit rough and never really "matched up" the feel between the 2 systems, so from that standpoint I welcome a new game.

I wasn't suggesting this was a Heroscape replacement, just a new product line for D&D would seem more accurate. It will be a good source for minis to make customs out of though and since it's not blind it will presumably be in print for a while. The figs should be fairly easy and resonably priced to get.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm...Pathfinder minis, now this... I wonder if a cheaper place to make minis has materialized or if they're going to charge more hoping the demand will be there anyway.

I hope it's because of lower production costs. If so, that miiight open the door for more Heroscape some time in the distant future? (Please don't bludgeon me for clinging onto a small shred of hope. Gotta keep that door open just a crack.... )

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could this new game be what said he was working on? I remember he said that he was playtesting stuff for WotC.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
It's looking like prepackaged armies/units so no random.

Ok, so WOTC in their oh so superior intellect, decides to flush away Heroscape. They say the want to concentrate on their core brands of D&D and Magic. Now, a mere 8 months after that announcement, they're seriously going to put out another pre-painted minis game, kind of like 'scape? That seems to have the same non-random distribution, kind of like 'scape. That's not really associated with Magic or D&D, (allthough d&d minis compatible).

Really? WTF? I'm having a hard time finding the logic in this. It's stupid crap like this that makes me hate companys like WOTC. If your going to do this, why not bring back scape? It already has a great rules system, lots of good game play, and a fanbase that will buy it up.

Hey WOTC there goes the logic train, and your still at the station.

I'm with clancampbell on this one.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

Really? Really?

A new skirmish game from WOTC?

There's this really incredible system called HeroScape that is a pretty great skirmish game.

I wonder if they know about it.....

I wrote this little ditty a long time ago in 2007, funny enough, well before their decision to go the D&D route with HS.

Corporate meeting at WOTC...

"What's our hottest miniatures game besides Star Wars?"

"Ummmm....Star Wars isn't our hottest."

"Oh....So D&D is outselling it?"

"No, we cancelled that skirmish game version."

Long pause.

"Axis and Allies is outselling all our other mini products??"

(Howling laughter from around the table.) "No."

Long pause.

(Puzzled sipping/slurping of a Double Latte, with cinnamon twist and chocolate sprinkles on whipped cream. It's a bit too sweet today, overpowering the taste of the bean.)

"So what's that leave?"

Embarrassed, uncomfortable shuffling and squirming around the table.

"I know. I'll check the magic Interweb and see which mini game of ours people are posting the most about......let's see......D&D skirmish...25+ posts...that seems pretty good....A&A....5+ posts....not so bad...Star Wars...12+ posts...and.....what's this.....HeroScape?.....500,000+ posts.......

(Stunned silence. Coffee gurgles in stomachs.)

"Huh."

"We own HeroScape?"

"Yes sir."

"Guess we better give some support to the product and put out some more expansions."

"Yes sir."

"Glad we thought of that. Very Productive meeting. Somebody get me another coffee."

"I'm sorry sir, we're too busy right now using the coffee hot plate to melt down our other Mini's lines plastic for reuse in HeroScape."

"Very good. Full speed ahead with that."

(Wanders off down the hall in search of the perfect Double Latte, muttering something about Taelord and walls.)

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.

Last edited by Purplebeard; August 11th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I can't help but think that WotC did go through a similar line of thinking and it embarrassed them.

Porsche had something similar happen to them in the 80s and they are still feeling the sting. Porsche is known for its iconic, high end sports car, the 911. They decided to move down in the market and released the 944. The 944 was a superior car in most ways. It handled well and was faster than the 911 but only cost half as much, tarnishing the image of the 911. Porsche vowed never to let another of their models outshine the 911. They still make the 911 but now they make two very good, but relitavely cheap, cars, the Cayman and Boxter in addition. Both are excellent platforms and are balanced better than the 911. But they won't put high output engines in the cars because they are determined that the 911 will be the fastest Porsche produced. Everyone wants HO Caymans and Boxters, but Porsche refuses to produce them.
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
It's looking like prepackaged armies/units so no random.

Ok, so WOTC in their oh so superior intellect, decides to flush away Heroscape. They say the want to concentrate on their core brands of D&D and Magic. Now, a mere 8 months after that announcement, they're seriously going to put out another pre-painted minis game, kind of like 'scape? That seems to have the same non-random distribution, kind of like 'scape. That's not really associated with Magic or D&D, (allthough d&d minis compatible).

Really? WTF? I'm having a hard time finding the logic in this. It's stupid crap like this that makes me hate companys like WOTC. If your going to do this, why not bring back scape? It already has a great rules system, lots of good game play, and a fanbase that will buy it up.

Hey WOTC there goes the logic train, and your still at the station.

I'm with clancampbell on this one.
Me too.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Here's the "official word" that I heard at the same place:

http://critical-hits.com/2011/08/08/...ducts-seminar/

See near the end "Miniatures Return"

Quote:
The Big News: Miniatures Return
Jumping forward a bit, the big product announcement I alluded to earlier was this: the return of miniatures produced by Wizards of the Coast… and this time, no random packaging. For all those gamers who said things like “I just want to be able to buy a box of orcs for my game,” this is for you.

Wizards will be releasing themed boxes of miniatures (like orcs, drow, goblins, elves, etc.) with non-random contents, providing a variety of miniatures in each box. Not only that, but the minis will be useable in a new skirmish game to be developed around the new minis. Each box will contain the stats you need to play with the box you buy, and interlocking terrain used to build the battlefield in interesting ways for each match (that is also fully useable in the RPG.) Additionally, after a few sets are out, you’ll be able to mix and match them in order to build your own armies, not being constrained by what you buy in each box.

The new miniatures skirmish game is notable in two aspects: first, it won’t use any dice. It is designed to be more strategic and less reliant on luck (though there will still be some) and is powered by some kind of action card system.

Second, the skirmish game itself will be built on a completely open mass playtest that will appear on the D&D website starting in September. That way, the game will get plenty of testing and come out the best it can be.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm. The no dice is interesting. I can't help but think of 'drawing Destiny' from Star Wars Customizable Card Game as the luck element (a genius mechanic if you ask me).

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please tell me this is a joke?

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, with the exception of no dice, it almost sounds like "We are gonna put peanut butter on a piece of bread. We are also going to be putting strawberry jam on another piece of bread. Before we eat both pieces of bread we are going to put the pieces together. In case your wondering, no we are not calling it a peanut butter and jelly sandwich"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News