Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:20 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
1. The black spell Ever After - "Return target squad creature from an opponent's figure graveyard to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to a black Planeswalker you control. You may move and attack with that creature. At end of turn, return it to its owner's figure graveyard. "

My question is how this works? Do I play it, grab a figure, put it on the battlefield, and then attack with it, and then kill it at the end of the turn (ie attacking immediately)? Or do I grab the figure and then have to use that figure as my move and attack for the turn? Either way is a little confusing. I wish it said immediately like other cards do. I am going to assume that you immediately move and attack with it and just kill it at the end of the turn, but I wanted to ask.
The 'you may move and attack with that creature' is part of the resolution of the spell, you must do it then as the spell is resolving. Regardless of what phase in the turn you case the spell, the targeted creature comes out of the "Figure Graveyard" is placed onto the battle, MAY then move and attack, and then at the end of the turn a trigger is placed 'on the stack' to remove that figure.
My thought when I read the text was that since it doesn't specify a timing, that the default should be to move and attack during the normal move and attack phases of the turn along with whatever unit you activate. If it said immediately then your interpretation would of course be correct. I can see both interpretations being correct so is going to need a faq.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs