Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old August 18th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Not to mention the rate of playtesting is fairly low (waiting on 53rd sharpshooter stats for playtesting myself), so it may be some time before we see them out in the wild.
The 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters are done with playtesting, but thanks anyway!
Sorry if we left you hanging on them @wriggz . Is there anything else you would like to playtest?

Old August 19th, 2015, 10:03 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Response from RPG Locker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ RPG Locker
Wow, I am really surprised by this. I have never seen anything like this happen before. That indeed is a legitimate customers order that was shipped off recently. This is worrisome and doesn't make any sense to me how it could happen.

I do have a guy that is working on a completely new version of the website. It should have gone live already but I guess he has fallen behind schedule. I wonder if he is messing with things behind the scene and something conflicted while you were browsing. Even so, there should be no reason for this. I am forwarding your message to him and I will have him look into this ASAP. This sort of stuff is beyond my knowledge.

I'm sorry I can't give you any details other than that. I completely understand if you prefer to hold off on creating an order. Regardless, I will let you know what my programmer guy says right away.

I can say that there is no way that any payment information can be obtained since payments are made via Paypal and none of that information is logged in any way. All Paypal login/password, payment info, etc to Paypal is strictly done on the Paypal website. Not that that is comforting all that much.

Thank you so much for alerting me to this issue. I owe you one.

-Ryan
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Not to mention the rate of playtesting is fairly low (waiting on 53rd sharpshooter stats for playtesting myself), so it may be some time before we see them out in the wild.
The 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters are done with playtesting, but thanks anyway!
Whooohooo... that's GREAT NEWS. Ditto... I'm patiently waiting for the stat card to be released and looking forward to the next ~~~~~~~(_______ /*wave*)

Now that I've seen this new Scene-A-Rama Revolutionary War set, I'm thinking that the 3 Colonial Soldiers would be perfect for this unit instead destroying to customize a valuable squad of 4th Mass. Line Inf. Has there been any discussion about C3V going in this direction by changing the photo and target area silhouette on the cards prior to their release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Sorry if we left you hanging on them @wriggz. Is there anything else you would like to playtest?

If I may make a suggestion: What about the Scene-A-Rama Native American figures as a gnu squad? OR the Bison that came with this set??? ~~~lol~~~

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Now that I've seen this new Scene-A-Rama Revolutionary War set, I'm thinking that the 3 Colonial Soldiers would be perfect for this unit instead destroying to customize a valuable squad of 4th Mass. Line Inf. Has there been any discussion about C3V going in this direction by changing the photo and target area silhouette on the cards prior to their release.
I don't understand this post. We aren't suggesting that you destroy a squad of 4th Mass., Johngee.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:45 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@Dad_Scaper -
It was my understanding (which I admit is indeed becoming feeble and decrepit with age related CRS) that because the custom figure Samuel Adams essentially removed one of the figures from a four figure 4th Mass Squad, it was therefore a great idea to utilize the remaining three Colonial Line Infantrymen - with a slight re-painting - as a new Squad to be called the 53rd No Car Sharpshooters (or whatever you C3V guys deemed appropriate). By using these Scene-A-Rama figures instead - that cannibalization of a valuable traditional HeroScape unit wouldn't be necessary. Are there other plans in the works of which I am totally ignorant?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ah. For myself, I do not have 3 orphan members of the 4th Mass sitting around, waiting to be repurposed. I imagine many of our friends on the site likewise do not have 3 orphaned members of the 4th.

I don't anticipate using 3/4 of an existing squad for a new unit. Thank you for explaining, and best of luck with that *ahem* medical condition.

= =
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Response from RPG Locker:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ RPG Locker
Wow, I am really surprised by this. I have never seen anything like this happen before. That indeed is a legitimate customers order that was shipped off recently. This is worrisome and doesn't make any sense to me how it could happen.

I do have a guy that is working on a completely new version of the website. It should have gone live already but I guess he has fallen behind schedule. I wonder if he is messing with things behind the scene and something conflicted while you were browsing. Even so, there should be no reason for this. I am forwarding your message to him and I will have him look into this ASAP. This sort of stuff is beyond my knowledge.

I'm sorry I can't give you any details other than that. I completely understand if you prefer to hold off on creating an order. Regardless, I will let you know what my programmer guy says right away.

I can say that there is no way that any payment information can be obtained since payments are made via Paypal and none of that information is logged in any way. All Paypal login/password, payment info, etc to Paypal is strictly done on the Paypal website. Not that that is comforting all that much.

Thank you so much for alerting me to this issue. I owe you one.

-Ryan
Wait? What is this about?
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:21 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

It's from my earlier post:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Any plans for the other figures in the list, or are they potential alternate figures?

Pirate Sailor - 28
Pirate Smuggler -
Tessa Fairwind - 12
Arronax Endymion - 34
Sandara Quinn - 54
Barnabaus Harrigan - 30
-----
Kerdak Bonefist
We don't currently have any of those in development, if that's what you're asking. Given the price of these squaddies, if I was building my own collection, I'd supplement with alternate sculpts, too.

That is exactly what I was asking, thanks.

Just a heads up to others: I was shopping for some pirates at RPG Locker. I clicked on "Shopping Cart" and suddenly I was presented with another user's order info including name, address, phone number, etc. I took a screenshot and sent it to the site owner...it seems like security may be a problem there. I'll let you know if I get a response.
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ah. For myself, I do not have 3 orphan members of the 4th Mass sitting around, waiting to be repurposed. I imagine many of our friends on the site likewise do not have 3 orphaned members of the 4th.

I don't anticipate using 3/4 of an existing squad for a new unit. Thank you for explaining, and best of luck with that *ahem* medical condition.
Actually having an offical Repaint Card of the remaining 4th mass to match this new unique Colonial squad is a really good idea. I for one, ended up using a 10th repaint for Sam Brown, and used the left over figures for customs.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Or you could have one of the figures from that set be an alternate sculpt for Sam Brown, but it may be too late for that. Then everyone that does not have a Sam Brown figure in their collection would gain one by buying that set.
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Quote:

Actually having an offical Repaint Card of the remaining 4th mass to match this new unique Colonial squad is a really good idea. I for one, ended up using a 10th repaint for Sam Brown, and used the left over figures for customs.
Sure, go for it. I just don't know how many people are actually in that situation, and I don't anticipate endorsing (for the rest of us) breaking up a perfectly good set of 4th.

= =
Old August 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

In the New York City Gang of Four, I donated one of my 10th Regiment squads and @kolakoski broke off the bayonets and painted them four us. So all four of us got a Sam Brown.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs