Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 27th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Superfly Circus - Winners Announced!

http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2...im-giving.html

Warning: It's me, so there'll be bad language ahead.

<EDIT: WINNERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Warning: NSFW due to a bit of pottymouthery. So turn the volume down.

http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2...srevealed.html

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; February 15th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:03 AM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker
Re: Win a free game!

Just yesterday I was reading your reviews on Last Night on Earth and DnD Castle Ravenloft, let's just say I think I know what games to get next.
I actually only have Heroscape as a board game (Monopoly does not count), so I am going to be reading/viewing a lot of reviews on board games. I am also thinking of getting Arkham horror, but those little stands with pictures of your character are really throwing me off, I guess I am spoiled with Heroscape figures.

I am looking to get something to play with my girlfriend and not against her. That is why Castle Ravenloft sounds good right now. If you any suggestions on any other "co-op" game, I'm all ears. I really want to buy a new game, I just don't know what yet.

I've been meaning to sign up as a sucker follower for some time now. Considering, I'm going to be on your site reading board game reviews and your having this free board game thing, this is probably the best time to sign up. You write some very good reviews, so follower or not, I'll be reading.
Old January 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Arkham Horror is a great game. Also, Prophecy has a coop mode, and has some similar mechanics to AH. As for Castle Ravenloft, don't forget that Wrath of Ashardalon is coming out next month; it's supposed to be compatible (you can use Castle Ravenloft characters in it).

Also, I saw somone selling painted minis for Arkham Horror (all expansions included for like $200.00 here.

Old January 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
Just yesterday I was reading your reviews on Last Night on Earth and DnD Castle Ravenloft, let's just say I think I know what games to get next.
I actually only have Heroscape as a board game (Monopoly does not count), so I am going to be reading/viewing a lot of reviews on board games. I am also thinking of getting Arkham horror, but those little stands with pictures of your character are really throwing me off, I guess I am spoiled with Heroscape figures.

I am looking to get something to play with my girlfriend and not against her. That is why Castle Ravenloft sounds good right now. If you any suggestions on any other "co-op" game, I'm all ears. I really want to buy a new game, I just don't know what yet.

I've been meaning to sign up as a sucker follower for some time now. Considering, I'm going to be on your site reading board game reviews and your having this free board game thing, this is probably the best time to sign up. You write some very good reviews, so follower or not, I'll be reading.
First, thanks for reading!

Arkham Horror is widely understood to be an Ameritrash Classic, one of the finest games ever made. The only problem I have with it is that there are about a billion cards and bits to keep track of, and the game takes 3-4 hours to play. Yes, the game comes with standies, but you can buy figures (pre-painted) if you want to have them. They're like 4$ a pop from Fantasy Flight. They look outstanding.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...e.asp?eidm=126
Buy here: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/...fm?FullCat=237

(EDIT) Sorry Taebelwalker! Just saw your post!

Anyhow, Ravenloft is a must-have game, and I've even come up with a "module" to play with it, to make it more "D&D-ey". So far, people have loved it. There's a follow up game, Wrath of Ashardalon, and I'm getting a review copy from them presently. I'll let you know about it.

There are some games that people just "need to have". Cosmic Encounter is one of them, for instance, that if you buy it, you will not be disappointed, no matter who you are. It's a brilliant game, although not co-op.
http://superflycircus.blogspot.com/2...art-fight.html

There's plenty more, too. "Mansions of Madness" looks, by all accounts, to be a brilliant HP Lovecraftian adventure that is like "Arkham Horror light", only takes an hour to play (or so), and is modular so it's more replayable.

Red November is a great light, cheap Co-Op and so is Forbidden Island. If you want war, then try Descent, Doom, or Fortress: America. All three are all-versus-one kinds of games where the "heroes" defeat the villain.

Maybe I'll have to do an article on co-ops...

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Thanks guys, I'll look into those games you suggested and see what they are all about. I have never played Dnd, if I get Ravenloft, I am going to have to play it a few times before even attempting your scenario, it sounds interesting though. I saw some video reviews on the game and the general response was that it is not very DnD and it doesn't feel like an "adventure", but I have never played any DnD game before and I don't dig the whole pencil and paper thing, so this might be the version of DnD I should get into.

I also heard that the game is very hard because you take a lot of damage and there just isn't enough healing options (basically, your going through your surges like a mad man). I am guessing mixing the Adventure deck in with the Treasures resolves that? First thing that came to mind when I heard it was hard to beat, was to incorporate Treasure glyphs from Heroscape somehow, either by starting with a random one on your card or buying them for XP. I haven't put too much thought into it (considering I don't even have the game), but I am sure you can get real creative with this game.

It's really odd how the miniatures aren't painted, I mean don't they have painted versions of these?
Do you use any DnD Heroscape figures for Ravenloft? Rhogar Dragonspine looks like the Dragon born and I know his small base would fit on the tiles, but would a normal base like one of the Dwarves fit?

A co-op article would be read and re-read just to see if I missed anything the first time. P.S Holy crap did you see how many followers you got from last night to today
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I signed up, because what the heck, I don't have any of those games, and besides I learn something (what was that word? "Furries"?) whenever I read your blog.

That said, reading your blog also makes me worry about your mental health.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That said, reading your blog also makes me worry about your mental health.

I'm not worried about it; I already know it's beyond our capacity to help.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
I have never played Dnd, if I get Ravenloft, I am going to have to play it a few times before even attempting your scenario, it sounds interesting though.
Ravenloft is not D&Dish at all, not a bit. It has the name on it and groovy character names that sound all "fantasy", but it's just a boardgame. It's very, very simple to learn and play, and you can play off of the little player reference cards that come with it, for the most part. Heroscape is infinitely more complex, seriously. Don't be dissuaded because of the D&D name.

Quote:
I saw some video reviews on the game and the general response was that it is not very DnD and it doesn't feel like an "adventure", but I have never played any DnD game before and I don't dig the whole pencil and paper thing, so this might be the version of DnD I should get into.
A lot of people saw this as more of a puzzle than an adventure, and that's why I made that campaign; to indicate that it could be one if you take the time to write nice adventures. The stock stuff...not so much.

Quote:
I also heard that the game is very hard because you take a lot of damage and there just isn't enough healing options (basically, your going through your surges like a mad man).
No. People that suck at games might say so, but it's a strategy thing. I've never lost Ravenloft because it was too hard, I've lost because I played stupidly.

Quote:
I am guessing mixing the Adventure deck in with the Treasures resolves that? First thing that came to mind when I heard it was hard to beat, was to incorporate Treasure glyphs from Heroscape somehow, either by starting with a random one on your card or buying them for XP.
No, I just make sure there's good treasures in the game so it feels less like an exercise and more like an adventure. The stock "Treasures" kind of suck.

Don't follow others' leads and try to reinvent it before playing it through...it's good when you start integrating more bits into the game.

Quote:
I haven't put too much thought into it (considering I don't even have the game), but I am sure you can get real creative with this game.
The magic is that you don't need to reinvent, just use the rules and place the cards/tiles where you want to create the narrative. Simple, really.

Quote:
It's really odd how the miniatures aren't painted, I mean don't they have painted versions of these?
I said the same thing.

Quote:
Do you use any DnD Heroscape figures for Ravenloft? Rhogar Dragonspine looks like the Dragon born and I know his small base would fit on the tiles, but would a normal base like one of the Dwarves fit?
Nah, I painted em. Look slick as heck, I think...

Quote:
A co-op article would be read and re-read just to see if I missed anything the first time. P.S Holy crap did you see how many followers you got from last night to today
I'll do that. Great idea, man. I like that idea about an article solely about great co-op games. That's a winner. You're getting credit for the idea.

And yes, lots of followers. People come out of the woodwork to get free stuff, and I'm using this contest to see how many people actually read this crap.

Daddy Scaper: I personally loved that "Jeopardy: X Edition" line the most. God that was funny to me.

Next games to be reviewed:
LotR: The Duel (great!)
Crossroads at Darklion's Pass (possibly the worst game I've ever played. I mean in this life OR past lives, if they exist. Terrible.)
Arctic Scavengers
Wrath of Ashardalon
Merchants and Marauders
Zombie Survival (CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS)
Nexus Ops
Middle Earth Quest

And a ton more.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I read your blog occasionally, so now seems like a good time to actually sign up.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The time I tried Castle Ravenloft we did use Erevan and Rhogar (the same sculpts as in the game), but the HS bases really didn't fit right.

As for Wrath of Ashardalon, the advertising copy says you can use characters from Castle Ravenloft with it, so that's pretty cool.

Old January 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Until I saw who wrote the thread, I thought it was a bot offering a deal, and I was about to report it.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Until I saw who wrote the thread, I thought it was a bot offering a deal, and I was about to report it.
No, it's a butt offering a deal.

I keed, I keed!

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General