Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 14th, 2008, 01:42 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Who is better?

Nilfheim's got great abs, so he gets my vote.

Old November 14th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Yeah, but Zelrig gets the squaddies all fired up, if ya know what I mean.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Yeah, but Zelrig gets the squaddies all fired up, if ya know what I mean.
Are you trying to start a flame war about Zelrig?
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Nilfy is way better. Every time I play against Zelrig he dies fast, way before he pays for himself.

On the other hand, Braxas the poison puffer is, IMO, the best of all the dragons.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:06 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

I wouldn't compare Nilfy to Zelrig because their functions are a bit too different in my opinion. Nilfy, with his high attack, is better for dealing with heroes. Zelrig is all about anti-squad; I'd compare him closer to Braxas, and debate which method of dealing with squads is better.

When it comes down to Nilfy and Zel, it depends too much on the varying circumstances. If the army is more Hero/Unique oriented, I'd go with Nilfy, if it is more squad/common based, I'd go with Zel. One thing Zel does have over Nilfy is his ability to fit into closer areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
I wouldn't compare Nilfy to Zelrig because their functions are a bit too different in my opinion. Nilfy, with his high attack, is better for dealing with heroes. Zelrig is all about anti-squad; I'd compare him closer to Braxas, and debate which method of dealing with squads is better.

When it comes down to Nilfy and Zel, it depends too much on the varying circumstances. If the army is more Hero/Unique oriented, I'd go with Nilfy, if it is more squad/common based, I'd go with Zel. One thing Zel does have over Nilfy is his ability to fit into closer areas.
Good points.

The other nifty thing about both dragons (Nilf and Z), is that they cost the same, point-wise. If you'r actually playing using the drafting method against your opponent, you can always wait until the end of the draft to use those 185 points which ever way would suit you best.

Not having ever really used the draft method myself, I would think that one's strongest picks would occur in the first pick or two, so your opponent probably wouldn't expect you to pick either one of the dragons at that point. (But I don't really know...)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?

Zelrig. I've killed Nilf twice before he could do any damage.The first time I used Cyp Esenwien to snaek into the enemy starting zone and killed Nilf with Chilling touch. The second time Nilf flew into my base but I used DW7000 and rolled a 20. My friend never used Nilf aginst me again.

G.M.Venom
Old November 16th, 2008, 01:24 AM

greenless is surprisingly tart

^^ So because of 2 lucky games a, you have ruled out one of the best units in the game. the situations you mentioned most likely would have killed any unit that you were facing, Zelrig included. You have to look at the bigger picture. Nilf is useful in more general situations, while Zelrig is more useful in a couple specific situations.

This is like comparing a 10 gauge shotgun to a M16 rifle and asking which is better. it depends on the situation.
Old November 16th, 2008, 01:26 AM

edridtc123 Woo who?

Though I agree with the "scenario" viewpoint, I'd say no matter what, Nilfheim is better than Zelrig. Though Zelrig is great against common squad units, Nilfheim can hold his own against all units: Unique Heroes and Squads and Common Heroes and Squads. If you can get both into an army, though, and the field isn't terrible for their size, go for both. (Nilfheim, Zelrig, and Q10 army that I saw that a guy used at GenCon in Spider's[?] Gencon thread)
Old November 16th, 2008, 06:51 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edridtc123 View Post
Though I agree with the "scenario" viewpoint, I'd say no matter what, Nilfheim is better than Zelrig. Though Zelrig is great against common squad units, Nilfheim can hold his own against all units: Unique Heroes and Squads and Common Heroes and Squads. If you can get both into an army, though, and the field isn't terrible for their size, go for both. (Nilfheim, Zelrig, and Q10 army that I saw that a guy used at GenCon in Spider's[?] Gencon thread)
True, but that's a 550 point army. I don't see too many 550 point army tournies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Nilfy is way better. Every time I play against Zelrig he dies fast, way before he pays for himself.
My very same opinion. On most of the maps we play, the squads can just spread out, and then Zelrig can only take them down one by one. With Nilf, you're most likely going to attack two or three figs in one turn. Also, with higher attack, he can get himself into and out of a scrape.
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

*It depends*

In general I would say Nilfheim is better though it really depends on the map, army composition, opponent's army, etc. Nilfheim is simply more versatile and reliable. Zelrig is the type of figure who can singlehandedly destroy an entire army given the right situation but can also be completely useless in another situation.

Nilfheim has the high batting average and OBP while Zelrig hits a bunch home runs and strikes out a lot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units