Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 7th, 2019, 06:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: Leaf_It's customs.

Valkrill monks just do not jive with me.
Old October 7th, 2019, 06:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Why though, there is plenty of lore for evil sects of monks in different fantasy settings. This is Heroscape, the land where anything is summoned to fight anything.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 7th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The Valkrill monk looks pretty cool. I wanted to throw some props your way for getting to see the drow assassin again. I really love most of the elements of that design.
Thanks.

I'm glad I got out again. I was at a dead end with it for a while, where I really just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. The end result isn't the most interesting possible result, but it is a fun result, so I'm happy with it.
Quote:
Anything in particular you don't like about the idea? Is it something that can be addressed?
Old October 7th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Why though, there is plenty of lore for evil sects of monks in different fantasy settings. This is Heroscape, the land where anything is summoned to fight anything.
Plenty of evil gods monks follow in D&D, I believe. That being said, I believe monks still tend to be Lawful in that setting...
Maybe from Feylund or Arcturus, or if there's something I'm missing from D&D, but I get the impression that a monastic lifestyle requires a degree of self-discipline I wouldn't associate with the chaotic Valkril. A monk following an evil D&D god such as Talos going to Utgar, I'd actually love to see, thinking about it, (not played for a while, but one of the characters I'm running in Baldur's Gate is an honourable yet malevolent priestess of Talos... don't know much about the D&D cosmology, only really what I've gleaned from Planescape Torment, but that appealed in character creation! ) but with Valkril... I'm not going to say it's a bad idea, but I'd need a touch more convincing to buy it, personally.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 7th, 2019, 07:18 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I don't think so, it's just a personal hangup I think. Monks are, usually, about balance or some kind of control. Even Zhen Yuan strikes me as controlled in some way, Neutral to Lawful Evil. Valkrill is nothing but chaotic evil. Maybe it's just how I view the archetype of a 'monk' in fiction, but it just doesn't jive.

Like LO, were this guy Utgar I'd have zero problems.
Old October 7th, 2019, 08:15 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Being Chaotic Evil, doesn't mean that Valkrill has no control. It just means that Valkrill tries to cause Chaos. Valkrill has control amidst Chaos. Using control to create Chaos. That's how I see it anyway.
Old October 8th, 2019, 12:30 AM

It’s definitely a personal hangup of mine, for sure. Don’t let it change your vision for a unit.
Old October 8th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Being Chaotic Evil, doesn't mean that Valkrill has no control. It just means that Valkrill tries to cause Chaos. Valkrill has control amidst Chaos. Using control to create Chaos. That's how I see it anyway.
I can actually buy that.
I said I'd need convincing, and I'm convinced. I'd perhaps try to specifically convey that idea on the card, whether in powers or personality.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 8th, 2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I can actually buy that.
I said I'd need convincing, and I'm convinced. I'd perhaps try to specifically convey that idea on the card, whether in powers or personality.
Alright. I like the current dynamic of the Rage Special Attack, and the curse feeding into that. In some ways you could say that, getting more powerful despite being wounded, could cause chaos for the enemy when attacking him. In the same way that Krug can make people trip over themselves trying to keep him from getting too powerful, until they're ready to focus him down. However, I'll consider adding a bit of chaotic spice to the design as well. This monk design doesn't have Stealth Leap, so instead I could try to create a more chaotic ability that serves a similar role.
Quote:
Chaotic Shift:
After moving you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1 - 6 nothing happens. If you roll a 6 - 14 you may switch with any adjacent small or medium figure. If you roll a 15 - 20 you may switch with any small or medium figure within 3 spaces whose base is no more than 2 levels higher, or 4 levels lower than []'s base. Figures moved with Chaotic Shift never take leaving engagement attacks.
Switching figures around is probably one of the most "chaotic" things that Heroscape can do, without messing around with order markers. I'm not sure I'll use this, but it's an idea. What do you think?
Old October 8th, 2019, 11:06 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

You might try this I haven't quite found the figure/powers to go with it.

RUTHLESS REVERSAL
If [Valkrill Monk] is targeted for a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to [Valkrill Monk] who is not the attacking figure. Switch [Valkrill Monk] with the chosen figure. If you do, the attacking figure must attack the chosen figure, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Ruthless Reversal never take any leaving engagement attacks.

Old October 9th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

You might try this I haven't quite found the figure/powers to go with it.

RUTHLESS REVERSAL
If [Valkrill Monk] is targeted for a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to [Valkrill Monk] who is not the attacking figure. Switch [Valkrill Monk] with the chosen figure. If you do, the attacking figure must attack the chosen figure, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Ruthless Reversal never take any leaving engagement attacks.

That's an interesting ability. I'm definitely going to consider it. I will probably use a more monk sounding name if I do though.
Old October 11th, 2019, 08:44 PM

“Reversal” itself sounds like a wrestling/martial arts move as it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards