Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 19th, 2023, 08:56 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ranjit Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBryce View Post
Does anyone have an idea for a better sculpt for this? I got the Merchant one depicted in this thread but the scale does not look right at all to me next to other Heroscape figures.

(Mine has a transparent base so maybe it is a different version?)
Can you post a picture? The figure is a little shorter than the average heroscape human. For reference, based on interviews, we know that Sgt. Drake is exactly 6 feet tall.
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:27 PM

MacBryce knows what's in an order marker MacBryce knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Does anyone have an idea for a better sculpt for this? I got the Merchant one depicted in this thread but the scale does not look right at all to me next to other Heroscape figures.

Can you post a picture? The figure is a little shorter than the average heroscape human. For reference, based on interviews, we know that Sgt. Drake is exactly 6 feet tall.
Here is a picture:

Comparing it to the picture in the first post, I now realize that the character is standing 1 level higher than Drake, so they are probably the same height. My bad, but I wish I had seen that before buying as I personally don't think that this miniature is appropriately sized. I am sure that some folks would disagree, but I'd love a better sculpt for this. Maybe I'll just have to scan it, resin print it, scale it and paint it...
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:35 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely not the same scale as Drake. Your best bet would be to scan it and resize it to print it at the right scale.
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

It's Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, what's the problem?
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:54 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:

Here is a picture:

Comparing it to the picture in the first post, I now realize that the character is standing 1 level higher than Drake, so they are probably the same height. My bad, but I wish I had seen that before buying as I personally don't think that this miniature is appropriately sized. I am sure that some folks would disagree, but I'd love a better sculpt for this. Maybe I'll just have to scan it, resin print it, scale it and paint it...
It looks a lot better when you put him on a heroscape base so that they're standing at the same height. But yes, not the same scale as Drake. More like Drow Chainfighter scale, or Tandros Kreel scale (i.e., D&D minis)
Old February 26th, 2023, 03:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Sgt Drake is on a bigger scale than a lot of the D&D era miniatures in general.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 27th, 2023, 08:05 AM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

I used him in a game earlier this year! I liked his abilties and built an army around his proxy, just to have a fun match and try him out:

EOV
Izumi
Marro Warriors
Venoc Warlord
Ranjit
Eldgrim

I was trying to use his movement enhancement to speed up already fast units, and gain early board control using the Izumi Samurai, Eldgrim and the MW as support.
I ultimately lost, probably to bad positioning and a few unlucky rolls, but the army was really fun to play! Especially using the EOV with eldgrims spirit, Scout enhancement and Lion of Punjab was like using guided missiles!

Will probably try it again sometimes, he really makes a few of the lesser used uniques quite the hard hitters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs