Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 16th, 2018, 06:02 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Throg (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Any traction here, ZJ?
Not yet, but since public is so full and the Palace Guards aren't done yet, I haven't really felt a need to rush. I'll probably get to it at some point, but not before the end of the month as work is keeping me busy plus have vacation coming up in a few days, so I'll be out of town for a week and a half.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old October 27th, 2018, 07:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Any traction here, ZJ?
Not yet, but since public is so full and the Palace Guards aren't done yet, I haven't really felt a need to rush. I'll probably get to it at some point, but not before the end of the month as work is keeping me busy plus have vacation coming up in a few days, so I'll be out of town for a week and a half.
One of the great things about how we are set up now is that there isn't a lot of pressure. Enjoy the vacation.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Just got mini pictures of this guy today.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 6th, 2018, 09:43 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Found time today to do this initial:
Quote:
NAME OF THE PLAYTESTING UNIT (Throg)

Version used:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal Attack: #.
Special Attack: Killed 3 Hand Ninja and 1 wound to Gamora.
Power Usage:
Pet Avengers Assemble:
- Total Attack dice boosted: 2
- Total Defense dice boosted: 7
Map: Island Plane Crash (no Glyphs)
Units: Army 1: Throg (135), Lockjaw (155), Lockheed (60), Zabu (130), Old Lace (140), Gert Yorker (30) (650) VS Army 2: Hand Ninja x2 (170), Tomoe Gozen (170), Gamora (310) (650)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Special Attack: 1 wound to Hit-Girl.
Power Usage:
Pet Avengers Assemble:
- Total Attack dice boosted: 4
- Total Defense dice boosted: 7
Map: Island Plane Crash (no Glyphs)
Units: Army 1: Throg (135), Lockjaw (155), Lockheed (60), Nightcrawler (II, 210), Zabu (130), Ka'Zar (170) (860) VS Army 2: Black Bat (200), Nite Owl (130), Batgirl (130, Barbara Gordon), Robin (120, Tim Drake), Robin (80, Damian Wayne), Hit-Girl (135), Alfred Pennyworth (60) (855)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Special Attack: 1 wound to Noh-Varr.
Power Usage:
Pet Avengers Assemble:
- Total Attack dice boosted: 3
- Total Defense dice boosted: 4
Map: [Island Plane Crash (no Glyphs)
Units: Army 1: Throg (135), Lockjaw (155), Lockheed (60), Shadowcat (I, 80), Old Lace (140), Gert Yorker (30), Zabu (130), Kraven (200), Oracle (110) (850) VS Army 2: Hawkeye (140, Kate Bishop), Noh-Varr (260), Patriot (140), Speed (160), Stature (160) (860)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Throg felt well balanced, and makes the Pet Avengers viable option. Though he plays best with Old Lace/Gert as they have double attack and low defense, which is kind weird, but not a problem.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Throg plays great, his attack boost isn't super useful (though definitely not unusable) as both Zabu and Lockheed have Special Attacks. The defense boost is a defense boost, always useful.

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 7th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

You know I think playing best with Old Lace and Gert as a pair is kind of weird. Like the whole Pet Avengers gimmick is getting the pets together without their owners.

Maybe have his inspiration trigger if you only control Companions? Either by only drafting them or by having their masters knocked out in battle (making them a decent "backup" faction).

I dunno, just brainstorming. Seemed like they underperformed a bit, too, but not enough to cause concern as long as they felt fun. The SA thing is a bit of a downer but I imagine we'll have more normal attacking companions in the future.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:50 PM
C3G Super League MVP

That is very good point that the Pet Avengers shouldn't be teaming up unless their companions aren't doing anything or in the game, so what about doing something like:
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
If all Order Markers are on this card or Companions' cards you control, all Companions you control add 1 extra die to their normal attack and add 1 extra die to their defense when in clear sight of Throg.
This way the Pet Avengers can fit into any army, but only swing into action if no one else is taking turns in your army.

It does removes the OM requirement for Throg, but that's not a big as he's got a solid SA, so you'll still want to take turns with him. But I would want to tweak Lockheed's companion power to have the OM reveal on the companion rather than on him.

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 7th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut View Post
It does removes the OM requirement for Throg, but that's not a big as he's got a solid SA, so you'll still want to take turns with him. But I would want to tweak Lockheed's companion power to have the OM reveal on the companion rather than on him.
That's a significant mechanical change, but it would suit our companion aesthetic a lot better - it's always been weird to me that Lockheed gets the OMs.

Combo Gert/Old Lace still counts as a Companion, so 'attack boost when all your OMs are on Companion cards' is still gonna encourage running OldGert, just with the OMs on Old Lace's card.

It might be best to move away from the attack boost angle entirely if we want to downplay OldGert - she's really the only Companion that super benefits from it.
Old December 9th, 2018, 11:51 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Okay, after some more thought, like Ronin mentioned the attack boost isn't really the best boost for this faction plus isn't really pulling them together, I'm feeling we should maybe move away from the a stat bump. As they already have good mobility: Lockjaw's teleport, Throg and Lockheed have 6 move flying, and Zabu has 7 move. When/if I get around to Redwing and Hairball, they both are going to have good mobility as well.

So taking stat boosts and movement powers off the table, it leaves two option in my mind, turn bonding and OM recovery, and I don't feel like Throg is a great tactician, so OM recovery feels weird, that leaves turn bonding. Options I've come up with:

A: (Attack turn after the full turn)
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and taking a turn with that Companion, you may choose another Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and take an immediate turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Throg may be the chosen figure. Figures taking a turn with this power may not move normally.
B: (Full turn after attack turn)
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and taking a turn with that Companion, if that figure did not move, you may choose another Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and take an immediate turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Throg may be the chosen figure.
C: (Full turn after failed/didn't attack turn) (option in blue)
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and taking a turn with that Companion, if that figure attacked but did not deal any damage, you may choose another Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and take an immediate turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Throg may be the chosen figure.
D: (Full turn after full turn with X reveal)
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and taking a turn with that Companion, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to choose another Unique Companion Hero you control within clear sight of Throg and take an immediate turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. Throg may be the chosen figure.
E: (your own suggestion)

My SuperScape Maps
Old December 9th, 2018, 02:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since the companion figures are mostly lower in power level, I think this would be a great spot for some of those big turn ideas people had when discussing Capt. Cold II's Rogue power and Rocket Racoon II's I have a plan power. Bond with 1 Companion when revealing OM1, bond with 2 when revealing OM2, bond with 3 when revealing OM3. Reveal the X after revealing an OM and take a turn with up to 3 other Companions before taking your turn. Something like that where all the 'pets' attack at once and try to overrun you.
Old December 9th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I second YK. That would be really fun and set them apart from other factions.
Old December 9th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I could see going big on the number of turns.

I'd work it more like a traditional bonding thing, though. Have the bonding turns kick in after a turn with Throg, not just any Companion Hero. Makes him more of a "lead from the front" type.
Old December 10th, 2018, 12:26 PM
C3G Super League MVP

So maybe:
Quote:
PET AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Throg, you may either take an immediate turn with with a Unique Companion Hero you control or reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to choose up to 3 Unique Companion Heroes you control. One at time, take a turn with each of the figures, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. All figures must be within clear sight of Throg before taking a turn.
This why we get consistency, with the option to go big once per round. I could be persuaded to basing it off the OM number or the like, but I don't see why he gets better at leading later in the round.

My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library