Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 11th, 2019, 12:08 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Yeah, that was an oversight. Whole thing should be a 'must' really.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Makes sense. Your write ups are so clean that it's hard to find much to suggest. I really like these takes on the symbiotes and think they'd be a fun addition.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 11th, 2019, 12:51 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff here

Is the Take Control power supposed to be temporary control for just that player turn, or permanent control?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 11th, 2019, 01:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sounds like permanent control based on the last power. Or semi-permanent at least.
Old October 11th, 2019, 01:30 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool. Makes sense. Your write ups are so clean that it's hard to find much to suggest. I really like these takes on the symbiotes and think they'd be a fun addition.
Thanks! I think they'd be real easy to overcomplicate and I've tried to go as lean as possible here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Cool stuff here

Is the Take Control power supposed to be temporary control for just that player turn, or permanent control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sounds like permanent control based on the last power. Or semi-permanent at least.
Yeah, it's meant to be 'permanent' control that might just revert at the end of the turn anyway.

It might be mechanically safer and tidier to implement it a little differently since the current approach does make it harder to distinguish permanent vs temporary control for something like Battlesuit Lex's betrayal power.

Really I want some back-and-forth control switching (and giving the enemy the ability to shake Venom off) that has Venom + host on one side or another for a few turns at a time instead of always being there for whichever player wants to take a turn with em.

Mulling it over, balance-wise and in terms of the gameplay I'm going for, I think it'd make sense to limit asserting control to once a round.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:16 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Ronin's Danger Room Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Galactic Guardians set.
Its model number and name are #G004 / Giganto, the Mole Monster.

NAME = GIGANTO
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = DEVIANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SUBTERRANEAN
PERSONALITY = DULL

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ???

LIFE = 10

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 450?

GIGANTIC ENTRANCE
Giganto does not begin the game on the battlefield. Before rolling for initiative, if Giganto has not been placed on the battlefield, you may place Giganto on any empty spaces on the battlefield. After placing Giganto with Gigantic Entrance, roll three unblockable attack dice against each destructible object adjacent to Giganto, one at a time.

GIGANTIC REACH 2
Giganto may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than his height or 6 levels lower than his base.

SUPER STRENGTH
Very cool. I might call the first power "SUBTERRANEAN ENTRANCE" to make the theme pop a bit more and avoid the double "Gigantic."

Being a Subterranean gives him mild Mole Man synergy, but I wouldn't mind seeing more reason to draft them together. I could even see straight up turn bonding for them. It's not like folks are drafting Mole Man like crazy right now.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Very cool. I might call the first power "SUBTERRANEAN ENTRANCE" to make the theme pop a bit more and avoid the double "Gigantic."

Being a Subterranean gives him mild Mole Man synergy, but I wouldn't mind seeing more reason to draft them together. I could even see straight up turn bonding for them. It's not like folks are drafting Mole Man like crazy right now.
The double "Gigantic" has more pop for me, but admittedly, the theme might not come through as cleanly.

As I recall, I was turning over a lot of ideas for a Mole Man synergy power for him, but I struggled to land on something that felt like it built on Mole Man and the Moloids in an organic way (and didn't leave Giganto favoring other Rulers, like the Moloids do). Wouldn't mind seeing a take on that either.
Old October 26th, 2019, 01:48 PM

You could key on the Genius personality instead of the Ruler class and take advantage of Mole Man being our sole Genius.

Old October 26th, 2019, 02:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is there a two hex figure?
Old December 29th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Fantastic Forces set.
Its model number and name are #096 / Spider-Man.

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MIGUEL O'HARA

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = CYNICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SWING LINE 4
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Swing Line. Swing Line has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Spider-Man’s Swing Line movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Swing Line more than 40 levels up or down in a single Swing Line. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Swing Line, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SPIDER BLITZ SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
After attacking with this special attack for the first time this turn, you may do up to two of the following, in any order:
-attack with this special attack one additional time.
-attack with Spider-Man's normal attack.
-place Spider-Man on an unoccupied lower-level space within 3 spaces of his current placement. He will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

STEALTH DODGE
When Spider-Man rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

SUPER STRENGTH
No bio yet, but the gist is that he's the Spider-Man of the year 2099, which is a corporate dystopia sort of crapsack future. His powers are a bit like Spider-Man's but not exactly the same. The notable differences are that he has talons and fangs, and improved vision, but no spider-sense. His webbing is also biological rather than mechanical.

Just read most of the original Spider-Man 2099 run (all of it that's collected... frustratingly, the last eight issues aren't available in a collection), so I figured I'd take a stab at writing him up.

He glides around a bit, but also web swings... we've talked a little bit about using Swing Line as a keyword power, so I figured I'd keep that around but give him a form of combat glide (like our Batman Beyond card has) as well. Worked the SA to do that and to also be a "peppers you with hits" sort of Spider-Man card because it suits him (he's relatively aggressive compared to your garden variety Spider-Man) and that's not something any of our extant Spidey cards do. He still only ever gets one normal in a turn, though, so he's not Cap/Star-Lord bait.

I've seen the class of Scientist thrown around for him a bit when other people have workshopped him, but I don't think it's a great fit... once he becomes Spider-Man I don't think we ever see him do anything science-y. His day job is being a scientist, but he barely ever shows up to work. Seems pretty squarely in the vigilante camp to me.
Old December 29th, 2019, 07:42 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Looks cool to me

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 29th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

In my draft from like 10 years ago I think I had swinging, gliding, and claws. So pretty similar overall, though Stealth Dodge is a good addition here.

The "extra normal attack" thing feels kind of funky to me... not sure I'm a fan. It's novel but it doesn't really read right to me - like that, or an extra special attack, or gliding, it's just sort of a funky power.

I agree that Scientist isn't a good fit, something in the Vigilante genre feels right. Operates outside the law, fights the power, that sort of character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy