Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Great job with Rohirrim Defense. I think you did well in boosting the Templars without resroting to bonding. The wording maybe could be a little streamlined. Perhaps this...

Rohirrim Defense
When rolling defense dice with any large Human figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Eomer, any blanks rolled count as shields. Eomer is affected by Rohirrim Defense.
Yeah, your wording is more streamlined, but the reason I worded the power the way I did is that I'm a stickler for staying close to official Heroscape style rules, and the official cards haven't yet referred to the "blank" sides of the dice. Thus my weird wording to refer to those sides without actually naming them. It's a sickness, I know.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Great job with Rohirrim Defense. I think you did well in boosting the Templars without resroting to bonding. The wording maybe could be a little streamlined. Perhaps this...

Rohirrim Defense
When rolling defense dice with any large Human figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Eomer, any blanks rolled count as shields. Eomer is affected by Rohirrim Defense.
Yeah, your wording is more streamlined, but the reason I worded the power the way I did is that I'm a stickler for staying close to official Heroscape style rules, and the official cards haven't yet referred to the "blank" sides of the dice. Thus my weird wording to refer to those sides without actually naming them. It's a sickness, I know.
Makes sense to me. Besides, however it is worded, he is a great figure.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:58 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/22

These are great, I love the elf spearmen, anyone know were I can find some?

sweet just found a site posting link

http://www.eventhorizon1984.com/Game...ertooth-Games/

gerr no spear men darn.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:12 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice find on the site - there aren't too many online stores that still seem to carry the game anymore. Their selection seems very limited though; the ebay store I mentioned, BigCoinCollectibles, apparently specializes in the old game and has a great selection and what seem to be fair prices.

Speaking of which, here's another figure I bought in that ebay lot, Gimli son of Gloin:

Nothing too flashy for Gimli (appropriate for a Dwarf, I thought), just a solid melee beatstick with a ranged attack option. Like my other Fellowship customs, he has a multi-attack option because I like for certain heroes to be able to deal with squads, and because the Fellowship fights hordes of orcs before breakfast (or second breakfast ). Gimli also needed to be able to keep up with my Legolas custom if players ever wanted to do their own version of Legolas and Gimli's Contest.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 23rd, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 10:22 AM

Just found the Big coin collectibles after i posted. Ordered some elves to go with my custom elf spearmen hero i am working on (http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail...&nItemID=49018). Is there a Faramir figure? If there is he would be great, actually all of Gondor would be great to see. If you need any help with this massive project I would love to lend a hand.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - update 7/23

I really like Gimli, don't get me wrong, but you explicitly left out the "Never Toss a Dwarf" ability that makes him immune to Jotun's Throw 14. I'm so dissapointed.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, and if I ever decide to play with Eomer, I'll make sure to use my original RotV dice back from when I got my first master set in 2004. You know, where the dice were solid red and blue.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:

Rohirrim Defense
Some people use their "special" dice from their flagbearers as regular dice, (especially if playing solo, because they can roll attack and defense at once and easily tell them apart because of color). Those don't have blanks, so it's probably best to avoid that terminology, though I do like that the wording was clear and concise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
I really like Gimli, don't get me wrong, but you explicitly left out the "Never Toss a Dwarf" ability that makes him immune to Jotun's Throw 14. I'm so dissapointed.

-scorp
I think this project is begging for a second set of cards with a humorous twist. A "skateboard" power for Legolas. A "munchies" power for Merry and Pippin...
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:24 PM

For Eomer, just change blanks to any general symbols rolled, It clears up the problem.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Some people use their "special" dice from their flagbearers as regular dice, (especially if playing solo, because they can roll attack and defense at once and easily tell them apart because of color). Those don't have blanks, so it's probably best to avoid that terminology, though I do like that the wording was clear and concise.
Thanks for clearing that up, Mossman. I wasn't aware of that practice. I will keep that in mind for any future customs.
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Oh, and if I ever decide to play with Eomer, I'll make sure to use my original RotV dice back from when I got my first master set in 2004. You know, where the dice were solid red and blue.

Yeah, these customs are primarily for my group to play with, and we never use the one set of red and blue dice my friend owns. It's just too much hassle to keep switching sets for attack and defense. Not to mention, I can't believe that the 1st edition RotV set came with 20 dice. Talk about an unnecessary waste of resources; switching to a single set of combat dice was such an easy way they could've cut costs on the original set. Someone at Hasbro must've been asleep at the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Some people use their "special" dice from their flagbearers as regular dice, (especially if playing solo, because they can roll attack and defense at once and easily tell them apart because of color). Those don't have blanks, so it's probably best to avoid that terminology...
Thanks for pointing that out Mossman. I hadn't even considered that, but it's true.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM

Well, since my new title was bestowed upon me because of this thread, I guess that means it's time to post a new custom, one to go along with my Gimli figure:

I had a couple of goals when designing Legolas. First, I wanted to make him an impressive archer, but one who would not make Syvarris obsolete or simply be a tougher, more expensive version of him. Legolas admittedly is more durable than Syvarris and is much more mobile, but in some situations the 9-range Syvarris will still be offensively more powerful. Second, I wanted to keep Legolas and Gimli roughly equal so that players simulating their Contest would be satisfied. I can't be sure of either of these points without playtesting, but that may be a ways off.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 27th, 2009 at 11:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards