Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 7th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Triumph & Torment is great. A bit on the short side, but nice Mignola art and it hits the spirit of the characters perfectly. Strange is wary and distant, but ultimately open-minded, while Doom is an egomaniac unwilling to open himself up, who ultimately is his own worst enemy.

I'm a bit worried about MCU Doom. He's not quite like anything else superheroes movies have ever done. I think Magneto is as close as they've gotten, but even he's more on the heroic side in the movies.
Honestly, after Fox screwed him up twice, I kind of trust Marvel not to, especially after the stellar job they've done on Thanos and Loki.
I'll agree on Loki, but Thanos is honestly part of the reason I'm wary - I think they really dropped the ball with his adaptation. The comic version is so beautifully "comic book" in a way that movies just don't capture. They stripped away his death cultist persona, so ultimately he's just another well-intentioned extremist.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
One last thing, but I may be the only person in the world who was perturbed by the statement that Captain Marvel would be the strongest character in the universe... not because of the idea of a woman holding that position, but because I play this game too much and can't help but think 'wait a minute, Carol's quite a few points less than Thor'.

A similar thought passed through my head at one point. I often find myself thinking in terms of C3G. As for how it's portrayed in the movie, once she fully releases her offensive capabilities, I can see why someone might say she's the most powerful as it's pretty impressive. That's not to say she has more durability than Thor or she can punch you harder than Thor can smash your face in with his Hammer. She just has some pretty powerful blasts, more than what Tony can do with his blasts, and has more impressive flying skills, she's a living weapon rather then a living person using a weapon. Also once Thor gets the full power upgrade after Odin dies in Ragnarok, I'm not sure he isn't still more powerful than her. That lightening storm he uses to wipe out hordes of dead is pretty crazy. She's just the shiny new toy and they are promoting the first female led movie by Marvel, so they are going to talk it up some.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:32 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I've been teetering on the edge of burnout with the MCU, but I'm still curious about Endgame and might catch Captain Marvel in theaters if only to stay fully caught up.

I really hope Ragnarok becomes more the template for MCU movies going forward - I want more weird team-up movies and crossovers that aren't mega-crossovers.
That’s where I’m at too, the Marvel movies are consistently decent, but they’re getting a little one-note to me. After seeing Into the Spiderverse my bar has just been raised a bit higher than the live action ones go (though I’m biased since I’ll always pick something animated over something live action in a vaccum).

I’ll probably see Captain Marvel, but I’m not really that excited for it. I think they’ve been trying to artificially push her as ‘Marvel’s Wonder Woman’ too hard lately, and I’ve only found her interesting once (and that was as Ms. Marvel). I’m kinda in the same boat as lazy where I’m worried they’ll coast on ‘Hey look! This one is a woman!’ rather than attempt to do anything interesting with the story or characters. I’d just much rather have gotten a Black Widow movie or She-Hulk movie or even current Ms Marvel movie, since any of those would basically force them to be creative.

That and, to me, Captain Marvel will always be the one at DC. I’ve never had any connection to the Marvel Captain Marvel, so her whole ‘inheriting the name’ (after like six other people randomly used it) bit has always seemed like more of a spiteful ‘suck it DC!’ move than anything meaningful. I think it’s going to bug me every time they say her name. I’m probably going to avoid the Shazam movie just because I know hearing Billy calling himself Shazam is going to irrationally **** me off every time.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

She never calls herself Capt. Marvel in the movie even once, nor does anyone else. It is one of the few things I found odd since that is the title of the film. Mar-Vel is in it though as a different character (fairly small role, but important none-the-less).
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
That and, to me, Captain Marvel will always be the one at DC. I’ve never had any connection to the Marvel Captain Marvel, so her whole ‘inheriting the name’ (after like six other people randomly used it) bit has always seemed like more of a spiteful ‘suck it DC!’ move than anything meaningful. I think it’s going to bug me every time they say her name. I’m probably going to avoid the Shazam movie just because I know hearing Billy calling himself Shazam is going to irrationally **** me off every time.
Marvel has to keep using the name to keep DC from getting hold of the trademark, so making Carol Captain Marvel was definitely coming from a place of trying to hold onto the name and come up with a Captain Marvel that works for them.

In fairness, DC is the real villain here: they're the ones who stopped Fawcett from publishing Captain Marvel comics in the 50s. They buried Billy for years, creating the opening for Marvel to get ahold of the rights to the name.

(DC got ahold of Billy years later, but he did not begin life as a DC character)
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Barring getting into space battles with vehicles what essential characters is this list missing?

Luke
Han
Leia
Obi
Yoda
Lando
C3PO
R2D2
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Jabba the Hutt
Boba Fett
Ewoks
Storm Troopers
Rebel Fighters
Mon Mothma
The General (can't think of his name)
Cloud City Guards
Royal Guards
Imperial Pilots
Imperial Engineers

I think that would about cover the basic trilogy.

{Edit} oh and Wickett, Lograu, and the Ewoks. Plus you really should add in Trask and several Bounty Hunters.
Mon Mothma: remember the name, but had to look up who it is. As far as I'm concerned she doesn't offer anything that a generic, rank and file Rebel card + Leia couldn't offer. Don't need her. She lacks distinct personality for me.

The General: I mean, if you can't even remember their name, I don't feel we're missing much.

Cloud City Guards: I could roll with this one. 17.

Imperial Pilots/Imperial Engineers: Only matters if we get into vehicles, which means getting into space craft and the Death Star and a difficult to manage scale. Not seeing the need for it at the moment.

A couple of named Ewoks would be fine, but I'm honestly really OK with them just being a common squad. None of the individual Ewoks really *matter* more than the others, IMO.

Ewoks were on my list.

I see no reason to extend into bounty hungers beyond Boba Fett. They're just window dressing in the movies. I'd rather do a Sarlaac (though that's a scenario/terrain piece, IMO).

I'll grant you Sand People, so 18.

Quote:
I feel like Jabba would really want some generics to boss around if he didn't have more of the named bounty hunters.
And where could Jabba possibly find mercenaries, thieves, crooks, even alien pirates in C3G? Why would they need to be Star Wars specific?

Quote:
The prequels are, of course, the prequels, but I do think there are a lot of good or at least mechanically interesting characters there, and in the new movies.
Sure. And I think you could easily cover each of them in a sub-20 grouping as well.

For me, one wave per trilogy and I'm golden.

Quote:
The OT characters are definitely the biggest/most important characters, but I think it would be hard for me to stop with that and feel like that was a good and complete representation of the franchise.
Whereas it would not be hard for me at all.

But I'm that way with a lot of things. Give me about 5 Transformers and I'm good (sorry, LO, Wreck-Gar doesn't make my list ). Give me about 5 GI Joes and I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think a focus on comic stuff could be cool too. I know Marvel has made at least one new one (Doctor Aphra or something like that?) and I feel it would help set the C3G work apart from the HoSS stuff.
IF we ever went there, a focus on the comic stuff would be necessary to separate it from HOSS, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Larson getting called out for being "too loud" with her opinions is baffling when you have guys like Don Cheadle and Mark Ruffalo, who are both VERY vocal about their politics, not getting any heat.
There was also the whole thing where somebody "fixed" the promotional posters by putting big smiles on her face in all of them, which was a little absurd. The results made her look like an insane person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I guess I didn't really notice all the internet trolls and their opinions on a movie they haven't seen yet. Why people listen to or care about the loudest 3% of America mystifies me.
Agreed, for the most part. But I think part of it is because of the fear/concern/belief that the vocal 3% is saying what a much larger percent is thinking. Sexual and racial equality and unrest are part of the story of the history of this country and they're not going away anytime soon.

But, yeah, Internet trolls aren't worth feeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
As a result I may be the only person in America who liked both Episode 7 and 8.
Loved 'em both!

Did not like Episode 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think a lot of Americans think we should ignore that 3%, we just all have trouble disagreeing who that 3% consists of.
Somewhat fair point - especially the second half. But I think plenty of people are willing - eager even - to engage the folks they think are outspoken idiots. I don't happen to be one of them (though I very occasionally loose that perspective when engaging in social media).

Quote:
I'm not even close to burnout, personally - I could go forever with these!
Me too!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd want to see quite a bit more than 5 Transformers, honestly, just to fill out the factions. (Plus, I don't see how Transformers are any different from superheroes anyway, they seem like a natural fit to me.)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not arguing the fit with that or with Star Wars. Just stating how much is enough for me, personally, as an end user. Honestly if I hadn't bought that four pack of figures, "enough" would probably be Optimus and Megatron. As it is, I'd probably throw Bumblebee in on top of what I've got.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not arguing the fit with that or with Star Wars. Just stating how much is enough for me, personally, as an end user. Honestly if I hadn't bought that four pack of figures, "enough" would probably be Optimus and Megatron. As it is, I'd probably throw Bumblebee in on top of what I've got.
Fair enough, but I'd like to see it expand quite a bit beyond that. (Doesn't help that a lot of the characters who actually interest me are the later, series 3 ones who aren't as well known - with the more iconic earlier characters I only really care about Starscream, Megatron, Grimlock and Soundwave, though I wouldn't mind filling out to expand the world. I'm the sort of person who'd be much more excited to see Rodimus than Optimus. )

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 7th, 2019, 05:01 PM

Fair enough! Whereas I'm more likely to go 10-20 deep in what I'd want for Doctor Who (I'd only care terribly much about two of the Doctors and a couple companions, but would like to see his main enemies filled out - at least Daleks, Cybermen, and the Master - and I could see more added to the Dalek faction).

Old March 7th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Give me 15 Batmans and I should be good.
Old March 7th, 2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Give me 15 Batmans and I should be good.
6 down, 9 to go!

Hmm ... Damian Wayne nightmare future Batman, for sure ... some of those Heavy Metal Batman Batmen ... Green Lantern Batman ... Yellow Lantern Batman ... the in progress Adam West Batman ... yeah, we can probably get there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape