Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 3rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Loki & Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Credit is due to the C3G version for the idea of playing with extra X Markers, which I thought was an inspired way to capture Loki's tricky ways. I streamlined the power so it would feel more like an official one, but otherwise it was nice to be able to get some inspiration from their card.
Well, our current, play test version of Loki has pretty much the same power. It seems to be a common game mechanic that custom superhero card makers have used over the years, especially when you read over Loki's skill set. Maybe there's another, better way to represent Loki being "tricky". I certainly haven't found it. I'll definitely need to thank C3G's team as well.

Last edited by Grishnakh; December 3rd, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:05 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Loki is cool. I would like it more if he had an X OM power. It feels a little weird that his main power is more to help others than himself.
Loki probably thinks of it more as "using and manipulating" his allies rather than "helping" them.

Strangely enough, I find his best teammate in the Shermanverse is Cyclops, who I just pretend is being mind controlled in those armies.
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Ah yes, that does sound like Loki.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Another villain of the Marvel movies, one that's a little overdue in the Shermanverse, the god of mischief himself, Loki:

Credit is due to the C3G version for the idea of playing with extra X Markers, which I thought was an inspired way to capture Loki's tricky ways. I streamlined the power so it would feel more like an official one, but otherwise it was nice to be able to get some inspiration from their card.

The extra X Marker obviously combos nicely with any power that spends it for an effect, so I decided to let Loki's design influence another Asgardian villain, the Enchantress:

Around seven years ago I came up with a glyph of Loki for a contest run by @HexEnductionHour. It also gave a second X order marker. I guess it's an obvious idea that occurs to a lot of people.

Old December 5th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That extra "X" definitely makes the competitive review guys think in overtime, but I'm glad we got it in on our Loki. It was the one thing I remember really wanting from the card at the time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 6th, 2014, 12:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice work on running Loki and The Enchantress through The Shermfilter of Simplicity. You've taken on some complex aspects of magic and now, even a child could use them. A child...

If you come over to playtest, I'll have to show you a couple of Asgardians that I worked on before C3G got near that group: Karnilla and Sif, who I've used in a Norse adventure or two with Frost Giants, Ice Trolls, Lauffy, Loki, Thor, Balder, and my Warriors Three--you may remember the latter trio from one of our games some time ago. (Karnilla and Sif are on my own customs thread, if you want to take a look, in my usual low tech text only versions).

I'm looking forward to trying out the newer C3G Odin and Balder, if I can ever get an Odin figure that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Wonder who I can proxy for him. I've also got some cute versions and the figure for The Asgardian Destroyer, Ulik, and Malakith. Let's get Norse!

Last edited by chas; December 6th, 2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old December 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

fret gurglo made a cool custom Odin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
I always strive for the proper figure, but sometimes my budget just won't allow it. So here I want to share some of the figures I modified for proxy purposes.

Odin
Figure used: The Mighty Avenger #001 Marvel Avengers Movie Starter Set & I another figure with a trident, but I don't remember which figure it was
I removed the hands holding weapons from each figure and swapped them. Then added an eyep atch, then complete repaint.
Spoiler Alert!

Here is a link.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:43 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Around seven years ago I came up with a glyph of Loki for a contest run by @HexEnductionHour. It also gave a second X order marker. I guess it's an obvious idea that occurs to a lot of people.
You're probably right; looking through the A-Z list, it seems that both the NM24 version done by @Karat and a card done by someone named @Troll Warrior use the idea. The C3G version probably took its inspiration from your glyph or one of those customs. Regardless, whoever came up with the idea first, I'm grateful to them.
Old December 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I wasn't originally a fan of the untraditional idea of an an extra X Marker but considering so many folks have gravitated toward it, I must admit that it is believable that an official Loki could have been packaged with a Marvel-blue X Marker considering there are plenty of figures that came with distinct markers and one that came with its own shadow tiles.

So bravo to Sherman, C3G and everyone else who has gone with the extra X Marker on Loki. I'm now a believer.
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:32 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm very glad to see a healthy cross pollination among C3G, independent designers, and everyone else. There's no reason we can't agree to disagree, but we can also look at different 'avatars' of the same character as different options for different point values we can play in a game. That's how I do it with my files of over 600 heroes and villains!

My only problem is trying to keep up with different revisions some people keep making...
Old December 21st, 2014, 12:05 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I wasn't originally a fan of the untraditional idea of an an extra X Marker but considering so many folks have gravitated toward it
I felt the same way at first but I am liking it more and more. For Loki though, IMHO I like Order Marker rearranging better. I think it's more mischievous.
Old December 21st, 2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I wasn't originally a fan of the untraditional idea of an an extra X Marker but considering so many folks have gravitated toward it, I must admit that it is believable that an official Loki could have been packaged with a Marvel-blue X Marker considering there are plenty of figures that came with distinct markers and one that came with its own shadow tiles.
I was actually talking to Taeblewalker about this the other day, saying that I almost avoided the power because it struck me as more "customy" than I usually like. The idea itself is inspired and elegant, but I had a hard time envisioning Hasbro sticking an extra X order marker in a booster pack with their Loki figure, had they ever produced one. In the end, I let the "precedent" of figures that came with experience markers, shadow tiles, etc... convince me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations