Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: Who will be the Champion and crowned 'Best 12 Life Army'?
Fire and Metal 10 35.71%
Robot Rumble!!! 12 42.86%
We Didn't Start the Fire 2 7.14%
Soulborg is the Way to Go 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:54 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker
Re: Competitive Army Challenge 2: Signups end TODAY

If you can use squads and sit some of the figures, can you use Hero's with reduced life?
Example - 1 life Zetacron. Not Zetacron with one wound.
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:35 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

So... When does voting begin?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just sent in my army. Sorry for the last-minute submission, hopefully I didn't hold anything up.
Old April 11th, 2014, 09:15 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Competitive Army Challenge 2: Final Four Voting

OP Updated with armies and voting link. Remember that you can vote for whatever you like, however the criteria is supposed to be which 4 armies do you think will finish with the highest Win-Loss record against the other armies if they were playing against all of them. Take your time on voting as some of these armies are only off by a few figures so take into account these subtle differences. (maps in the OP)

Click Here to Vote for the Final Four

Anyone can vote. Even if you did not submit an army for the challenge.

(The last day to vote will be 4/17)

1) Double or Nothing
Mezzodemon Warmongers x6

2) Robot Rumble!!!
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Major Q9, Iron Golem, Zetacron

3) Fire and Metal
Deathwalker 9000, Kurrok the Elementalist, Fire Elemental x6

4) Early to Bed, Early to Snipe, Makes a Man Stealthy, Healthy and Wise
Microcorp Agents x3, Deathwalker 8000, Zetacron

5) Elven Wizard and Gladiator Tag-Team (Remastered Little Red Ninja Style)
Morsbane, Crixus, Isamu

6) Qydra
Major Q9, Hydra x2

7) Death From Afar
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Major Q9, Krav Maga Agents, Agent Skahen

#8 The Black Death
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Black Wyrmling x9

9) Go Ahead, Make My Day
Minions of Utgar x2, Deathwalker 9000, Torin

10) Walking Dead
Zombies of Morindan x4

11) The Iron Cross
Major Q9, Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV), Iron Golem

12) We Didn’t Start the Fire
Kurrok the Elementalist, Fire Elemental x7

13) Jandar’s Bane
Minions of Utgar x4, Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000 (**SIT 2 Minions**)

14) Did You Hear Something….?
Cyprien Esenwein, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Microcorp Agents x1, Isamu (**SIT 1 Microcorp**)

15) (Death) Walking Dead
Zombies of Morindan x3, Deathwalker 9000, Zettian Guards

16) Angel Interceptor
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Nakita Agents, Sudema, Brunak

17) <insert army name here>
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Krav Maga Agents, Iron Golem, Me-Burq-Sa

#18 All Range, All Day
Deathwalker 9000, Major Q9, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents

19) Anonymous Submission #1
Minions of Utgar x3, Deathwalker 9000, Krav Maga Agents (**SIT 1 Minion**)

20) Draconian Duo
Sonlen, Rhogar Dragonspine

21) Ready, Aim, Plague
Maarden Hounds x2, Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Major Q9

22) Soulborg is the Way to Go
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Major Q9, Major Q10, Isamu

23) The Three Amigos
Major Q9, Major Q10, Kaemon Awa

24) Bag of Tricks
Minions of Utgar x2, Deathwalker 7000, Krav Maga Agents, Nakita Agents (**SIT 1 Minion**)

25) Shoot N Sear
Kurrok the Elementalist, Fire Elemental x4, Krav Maga Agents

26) Walking Fire: Creeping Death
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Major Q9, Kumiko, Zetacron

27) If You Can’t Chill Em, Join Em
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Cyprien Esenwein, Deadeye Dan, Nakita Agents (**SIT 2 Nakitas**)

#28 The Carry Crew
Agent Skahen, Brunak, Siege, Isamu

29) Special Delivery
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 7000, Major Q10, Brunak, Iron Golem

30) Strange Rules Make Strange Bedfellows
Minions of Utgar x2, Deathwalker 8000, Deadeye Dan, Iron Golem (**SIT 1 Minion**)

31) Pea-Shooters of Death
Deathwalker 9000, Deathwalker 8000, Deathwalker 7000, Zettian Guards, Deadeye Dan, Warden 816, Guilty McCreech

32) Deathwalker Resistance
Deathwalker 9000, Nakita Agents, Agent Skahen, Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)

Last edited by kevindola; April 11th, 2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I must say, I love the army names.

Qydra and Ready, Aim, Plague are genius!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:22 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Kevindola, I'd fly all the way to you to play a tournament with this format... Genius.

So many choices! It was hard to cast a vote.

This is my criteria for an army, if I vote for it:
Very death
So army
Many 'Scape
Much Creative
Wow

Last edited by elvenwizard9; April 11th, 2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So... if C3V was open would the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs have been in every single army?

~Aldin, borgishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
So... if C3V was open would the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs have been in every single army?

~Aldin, borgishly
I don't know... aren't their markers similar to mezzo's? There are quite a few special attacks in these armies, I wonder how they would hold up...

If their markers can be used for special attacks, I bet they would be beastly... I don't have VI and I've only looked at the card once or twice.

VOTED!

For the armies, I like the idea behind Draconian Duo, even though they would probably get spanked by most of the other armies, it's still cool.
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

~Aldin, borgishly
Probably.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I kept trying to come up with a good repulsor army in anticipation of all these Majors and Deathwalkers, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on anything. Repulsors x2 and Cyprien or Nilfheim was the best I could come up with, but didn't think it could make it. Really 2 or 3 squads of repulsors just seemed like too much to invest in order to counters a couple of deathwalker or even Q9 frankly. And they are overall a better counter to blasts/glads anyway. Did anyone else have a repulsor army cross their mind?

Some other random thoughts:

I prefer Fire and Metal over the other 2 Kurrok builds. I would easily trade a 7th fire elemental for DW9k.

5 different minion builds which I think are all very powerful because they can handle the soulborgs pretty well. I prefer Jandar's Bane and Anonymous Submission #1 of these builds because you get 10 minions and 8 minions in them respectively.

The Black Death is awfully appealing to me, but so many large/huge figures in these builds makes it less so. It can really trouble some of the agent, minion, and elemental builds though.

3 Deadeye Dans. Pretty cool. 50% chance of taking down a deathwalker! I think I prefer If you can't chill em, join em of those builds. The single Nakita agent in the army is a clever way of giving Dan a little extra protection, however there are a lot of special attacks in the armies.

Guess I was a little surprised there were no builds with Nilf in them. Nilf/Cyrpien would have been a fun one. I also thought of Rat Screen Upgrade: Raelin/Q9/DW9K/DW8K/DW7K

Last edited by kevindola; April 11th, 2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: only small/medium
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Snipers x2, Repuslors x2 was the cheapest army I considered, but I didn't spend very long considering it.

The biggest surprise for me is the lack of Einar Imperium. I didn't submit Imperium x3, Deathwalkers x3 because I thought it was too predictable.
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:07 PM

With all the Utgar figures I'm surprised Torin didn't see more use. Ranged Counterstrike to bypass all these high defense heroes seems deadly. Deathwalkers beware.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion