Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 1st, 2014, 02:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
This is the updated version I'm looking at:
Spoiler Alert!
Ah, I like this much better. Not sold on it, but I'd probably give it a shot. I'm on the fence about the mini though. He looks fine as a Mariedien, but that is a brightly colored sit for a guerrilla operative.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:30 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
The move of 6 was originally just to differentiate him from the other Mariedians. Heroes often have 1 more move than their squads as well. Thematically, it can be explained by Jeb always being quick and speedy (hence the Aquilla Movement Bonus power). It would be odd if Jeb was average speed and the Mariedians he boosts have super speed.
I would counter that Kira Jax only has a move of 5 and Acolarh, the movement boosting Elf Wizard also only has a movement of 5. Furthermore, we see other boosters like the Venoc Warlord have the same move as his squad normally does while he elevates them to be much faster. From what I can see and give examples of, it seems that the trend of faster heroes over their squads seems to only apply when the squad moves at a ponderous 4 and not when it's higher. When it is higher, they seem to move about the same. Not exactly a deal breaker. I'm merely quibbling.
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:31 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally I liked the goggles ability, but I can see why you've dropped it. FWIW here's a similar power I used on a spotter custom:

Spoiler Alert!

This is a pretty minor thing, but so far our Mariedian heroes have a multi-syllable first name and a monosyllabic last name (Kira Jax, Jarek Guy). Would you consider making him Vanderlay Jeb instead?
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I like the reworked version of Jeb quite a bit more. Pretty solid, straightforward design with some neat, unconventional applications.

As for the mini, I'm not sold either way. Not the best looking figure in the pics (with the flashy coloring), but I'd have to see the mini in person to really judge. I certainly don't mind that he has a different look than other Mariedians; we're talking about an entire race spread over any amount of time.
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:40 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
This is a pretty minor thing, but so far our Mariedian heroes have a multi-syllable first name and a monosyllabic last name (Kira Jax, Jarek Guy). Would you consider making him Vanderlay Jeb instead?
Jarek Guy has yet to make his way through the process so we may be counting our chickens at this stage. Is two a coincidence, or do the Mariedian's have a clear preference in naming structures? The Marro seem pretty set on that front, but I'm not sure if we can really say the same for the rebels. I don't think it would be awful to call him something like Vander Jeb (if we wanted to be even more restrictive and set them to a two syllable first name), but is it really necessary?
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:02 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I agree with Ixe about 5 move. I also mildly prefer Vander Jeb.

--
--
--

--
Old March 1st, 2014, 03:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I don't think that's a Mariedian naming scheme, just coincidence. I prefer the current name, so I'll leave it for now. (For anyone wondering, "Vandalay" is from the Art Vandelay alias of Seinfeld.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I would counter that Kira Jax only has a move of 5 and Acolarh, the movement boosting Elf Wizard also only has a movement of 5. Furthermore, we see other boosters like the Venoc Warlord have the same move as his squad normally does while he elevates them to be much faster. From what I can see and give examples of, it seems that the trend of faster heroes over their squads seems to only apply when the squad moves at a ponderous 4 and not when it's higher. When it is higher, they seem to move about the same. Not exactly a deal breaker. I'm merely quibbling.
Good points. 6 move is more of a gameplay reason than a thematic one (Acolarh does have a giant flag to lug around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Yeah I know the Mariedians use whatever is around, but I don't think that excuses this guy stealing his outfit from an abandoned costume shop. I'm not saying he needs to wear the signature Mariedian sweater vest or whatever (since obviously such a thing doesn't exist); I'm saying he doesn't match the other Mariedians stylistically. He's obviously a superhero, he's got his underwear on the outside, the yellow parts of his 'armor' are skintight, bright outlandish colors, the whole bit. His 'armor' looks silly compared to Jarek's vaguely realistic looking outfit (I've never got the whole 'Jarek looks like a soulborg' thing, its pretty clear the figure was intended as a person in armor).
I just disagree, I guess. I've had this miniature in my Heroclix box and he's always looked out of place there, while he looked natural next to my Valhalla figures.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:46 PM

figure used is Human Soldier of Fortune from the Star Wars - Clone Wars line.

Rendar Fy
Aquilla

Mariedian
Unique Hero
Soldier
Precise

4 life
5 move
5 range
2 attack
4 defense

90 points

SIGHTING
When Rendar Fy is attacking with a height advantage, he rolls an additional attack die.

BATTLE RIFLE
When attacking, if Rendar Fy did not move this turn, he may either add 3 to his range or attack one additional time.

--

I suppose the "did not move this turn" restriction is not strictly necessary, but I like that it helps to keep his cost down and further ties him to the Mariedians, as he benefits even more from getting moved out-of-turn.

I think I like the Soldier class for him. The mini looks very soldierly.

--
--
--

--
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Looks pretty good. His impressive powers seemed like a lot, but a base attack of 2 holds that in check. I do like the "does not move" restriction for precisely the reasons you stated.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He looks good! I see only one slight, very very slight problem. The ability to attack one extra time in Battle Rifle doesn't seem to totally go with the personality of Precise. This is mostly because he attacks twice with only the range of 5. I don't really see a precise mariedan allowing his enemies to get rather close to him and then gunning them down. Of course, that could be just me, and it is a very minor nitpick.

I really like the simple abilities. I think you did a great job of capturing a Mariedan soldier. Does he have a backstory?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

4 defense is a little high compared to the other Mariedian's.

Assuming Jarek passes, there will already be Mariedian's at 100 and 110 points. Personally I'd like for him to be reworked with a different price point in mind.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
He looks good! I see only one slight, very very slight problem. The ability to attack one extra time in Battle Rifle doesn't seem to totally go with the personality of Precise. This is mostly because he attacks twice with only the range of 5. I don't really see a precise mariedan allowing his enemies to get rather close to him and then gunning them down. Of course, that could be just me, and it is a very minor nitpick.
Heheh, in battle you don't always get to "allow" or not "allow" your enemies to get close to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I really like the simple abilities. I think you did a great job of capturing a Mariedan soldier. Does he have a backstory?
He could be an Imperial Mariedian from before the Soulborg uprising (in which case he should follow Einar). Most likely though he is more like a professional Soldier--maybe he lived through the Soulborg uprising or has just shown himself to be very proficient as a Soldier among the Resistance. Either way, in my mind he is a little set apart from many of the Mariedians we have so far in that warfare is what he's good at and not something he does solely out of necessity. The M-43 and Kira Jax, for instance, strike me as more like regular joes who fight the Soulborg because doing otherwise means death for them. Even the B-11s seem they're regular joes who got to be really good purely through experience and training.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards