Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 24th, 2018, 08:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Spider-Man, Venom (full Master Set) 11/

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The web special attack always made me think of stuff Spider Man did in the 90s animated series and the video game of the same time period.

With that said, this version of Spider Man looks pretty sweet.
Certainly a particular theme lost by not having the small ranged attack. Even just giving him a Range number >1 with his low-ish (for superheroes) Attack of 4 is a fair representation. I felt Thwip! is versatile enough to play the "ranged" part on my version, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I like your use of Wild Swing SA on Venom. It subtly captures his reach with his tendrils without having to give him the Reach power.

I'll be watching your thread to see what else you end up posting. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! That's exactly what I was envisioning with Wild Swing.

Slowly but surely I'll get through Wave 4 (all 50 figures). And maybe eventually more beyond. The Master Set underwent the most testing by far, though.

===============

And away we go with Wave 1!

The first of the figures that were officially finished but we're never going to see is Beast. He has the same stats and points as Spider-Man, but a very different power set; the first 4 power set, in fact! So how does he get an extra power for no extra charge? Well, Stealth Leap is inferior to Swing Line (mainly by 1 Move, sometimes by an extra level of castle). Feral Rage can be quite useful (especially in conjunction with his next power), but is a bit situational. Unleashed Fury! (Slightly reworked because +8 Attack would be bonkers here.) Is it finally Khosumet's time to shine? With both UF and FR maxed out, Beast can throw 24 attack dice in one turn with no other help! But this is also where Spider-Man makes up the points, despite Beast's average attack almost matching Venom: not only does Beast not have Spidey-Sense's survivability, he can potentially wound himself as well. Finally, Negotiation gives that nice additional dimension to his character, rather than just a furry blue ball of fury. A previous version was limited to once per round, but didn't allow the X to be removed. The X is a balancing mechanism for always removing your opponent's next turn otherwise (which is a change I've made to all such powers in place of "at random" because I felt that "stun" and similar effects would happen immediately, instead of randomly). Technically this version allows you, in a 1-on-1 endgame, to nuke the entire round for both players when you win initiative, but that accomplishes nothing (unless maybe Beast is standing on Wannok).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; November 28th, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations