Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 24th, 2010, 09:34 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Philadelphia HS Tournament - Post Thread

Hey guys, we had a great event in Philly at Redcap's Corner game store!

Hopefully you guys had an easier time getting home than Arcus and I did. It took us an hour and a half to make a 30 minute drive.

Here are the results:
1. tom (5-0) 2000 pts – Q-9, Mogrimm, Darrak, Axegrinders x 2
2. mad_wookiee’s son (4-1) 2297 pts – Spartacus, Crixus, Capuan Gladiators x 3
3. Jakall (3-2) 2265 pts – Khosumet, Anubian Wolves x 3, Nilfheim, Isamu
4. Civil War Dude (3-2) 2223 pts – Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Kaemon Awa, Marro Stingers x 3
5. Clancampbell (3-2) 2180 pts – Cyprien Esenwein, Zettian Guards, Marrden Hounds x 3
6. Arcus (3-2) 1935 pts – Q-10, Dead Eye Dan, Marcu, Marrden Hounds x 3
7. Xanth (3-2) 1835 pts – Charos, Nilfheim, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors
8. Tyler (3-2) 1778 pts – Q-10, Mogrimm, Raelin, Isamu, Axegrinders x 2
9. Einar’s Puppy (2-3) 1958 pts – Ulginesh, Jordawn, Emiroon, Arkmer, Kyntella Gwyn, Chardris
10. mad_wookiee (2-3) 1863 pts – Atlaga, Raelin, Einar Imperium x 2, Marro Warriors
11. mikelizzio’s nephew (2-3) 1442 pts – Charos, Greenscales x 2, Krav Maga Agents, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental
12. NightSwipe (2-3) 1262 pts – Q-9, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Isamu, Airborne Elite
13. Johngee (2-3) 1247 pts – Jotun, Ulginesh, Syvarris, Kyntela Gwyn
14. Mikelizzio (2-3) 1146 pts – Spartacus, Crixus, Capuan Gladiators x 2, Phantom Knights
15. Grunttactics (1-4) 1108 pts – Atlaga, Raelin, Minions of Utgar, Protectors x 2

Last edited by tom; April 24th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:15 PM

mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker
Re: Philadelphia HS Tournament - Post Thread

Sounds like the half hour drive we had trying to get there. Half hour in 676 traffic equals an hour and half of cranky 8 year olds.

But it was way worth it. Awesome job, Tom! We had a blast.
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got home ten minutes ago.

Anyway, I had a great time, even if I did only do 2-3. I was using an army that I hadn't played much, but that I wanted to try out. When it did well, it was a force of nature. But when it didn't, it just plain sucked.

Still, I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone a lot here, as I have never used a pod before other than a krav+raelin mini pod. Still, I'm not using that as an excuse.

I'm using Tom as an excuse. This was all his fault, and if it wasn't for him I would have used steamroller, pretty much the epitome of my play style.
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Great tournament - we had a blast. J is stoked about taking second; now I have to hear about it for the next few months. Clan, maybe we should start a support group or something.

I was surprised by the store; great space and the staff were decent as well. I'd have no problems with having an event there again.

My army consisted of:
Einar Imperium x2
Atlaga
Raelin
Marro Warriors

I should have used the other one that I had with me:
Greenscales x3
Braxas
Raelin
Eldgrim

First round: Nightswipe - Cyprien, Sonya, Q9, AE, and Isamu - Flash Fire
I thought this was going to be ugly when he got the drop and initiative first turn. The AE came down and lit up Raelin, costing me an order marker in the process. Fortunately the Imperium fought back with a vengeance. Key point in the game was Atlaga Bolting Q9; the Imperium were able to finish up the rest of the vamps. 1-0

Second round: Tom - Axegrinders x2, Mogrimm, Darak, Q9, and a pound of cheese - Marshes and Mountains
Tom got a lot of grief for this army. I actually had this exact build in my backpack next to the Blackroller but clan talked me out of it. Anyway - this one could have gone either way. The EI came in and put three wounds on Q9 but couldn't seal the deal. Atlaga Bolted a full health Mogrimm but attrition started to catch up to me. I made a big mistake one turn in attacking Q9 who had no order markers instead of focusing on dwarves - that was probably the decisive turn as he was able to lock down Atlaga on the following turn and bring Darrak in for the kill. Great game and a hard fought victory for Tom. 1-1

Round three: Jakall - Anubian Wolves x100, Khosumet, Nilfheim - Elswin Plateau
Sometimes you get the wolves, sometimes the wolves get you. This was definitely the latter. I don't often get whupped in 'scape but this was one of those times. Those frickin wolves were everywhere and I swear his die had more than one 20 on it. The only thing that really sticks out for me about this match was when he rolled 9 attack vs Raelin, hitting for 6 and taking her out in one shot. It was ugly. 1-2

Round four: Einar's Puppy - Elven Wizards - Fire Isles
This was a bloodbath. Just a whole pile of killin'. I don't think there was anything that stood out about this one in particular except that the Imperium definitely earned their points and Atlaga was fireproof, missing lava damage on three consecutive turns. It came down to two Marro Warriors finishing off Arkmer on the last OM before they had to roll for lava. Really tight, fun game that felt like a schoolyard brawl. 2-2

Round five: Arcus - Marrden Hounds x3, Q10, Deadeye Dan, and Marcu - Shadow & Brimstone
This was a pretty close match but it didn't really feel like it. He had a hard time hitting the plague rolls but made up for it in everything else. Once Raelin went down, the EI followed too quickly and although Atlaga made a strong showing at the end he couldn't hold off the hounds. The Marro Warriors decided to go have lunch instead of playing out their last couple of order markers and went down hard. 2-3

I had a ton of fun and got to see my son move up from last place at our last event to second at this one. And I can honestly say that I have the cojones to take the Einar Imperium to a tournament, so that's something. Thanks, tom, for an awesome event!
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:12 PM

mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker

I'd type out a detailed report of my adventures, but it would sound a lot like, "And then he killed my gladiators. And then I made a bonehead move with my phantom knights. And then he killed Crixus. And then I rolled 5 shields. While attacking."

...over and over. Might get repetitive.

Still, great fun. I feel like I learned a lot, and it was a pleasure getting to know some of you.

Mike

Last edited by mikelizzio; April 25th, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like I missed a good tournament.

Congrats Tom on running your first!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:56 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's the link to the July tournament info thread - hope to see you all there.

Also, if anyone has any feedback on the maps of mine that were used, I'd love to hear it - my map thread link is in my sig.
Old April 25th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Great job on the tournament Tom! I had a great time even though I wasn't comfortable with my army at all, but 3-2 is still respectable.

The game store turned out better than I thought and we even got good reviews from the staff. Most of them were upstairs playing DnD and enjoyed the peace and quiet of our game playing as opposed to the ranting and yelling of their usual crowd. They want us back asap.

As residents of Filthadelphia, Tom and I appologize for the ridiculous traffic, but apparently the Penn relay races were taking place and locked down the entire area. Next time should be easier guys.

I'd also like to make a personal promise to you all to keep Captain Cheese, aka Tom, from making up tournament requirements and not really following them.

Lastly, all of you that lost to Xanth need to put it in your signature asap. You know which 3 you are - DON

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old April 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, sounds like you gus had a great time. Sorry I couldnt make it....I would have loved to. I will try and keep an eye out for the next tournament. Just keep me in the loop....and maybe I will be able to make the hike.

Has anyone claimed june yet?? I might be willing to host something mid to late june once school is out.

DragonSlayer2
~wishing I went....

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old April 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

So Tom won his own event? Nice going, Tom!

Looks like it was a great event. Looking forward to reading more battle reports, if they are forthcoming.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Very smart army for the format, tom. The nastiest army I could figure out was one that lonewolf brought up as a possible Gen Con 2009 army:

Q-Bros
10 Isamu
80 Deathreavers x2
80 Raelin RotV
150 Major Q10
180 Major Q9
500, 14 hexes, 12 figures
Old April 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM

Follower of Vydar Woo who?

Congratulations to Tom both for a successful event and for winning! Wish we could have been there

Best,

Tim

Follower of Vydar
Aged Newbie

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events