Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape at JH school

Things really slowed down with my Heroscape group before Christmas break. I tried to take the game to a teacher who keeps his room open all lunch for games, but they just didn't like going to his room and stopped playing it.

After Christmas break I got my stuff back and set up room three of the DnD manual scenarios. Today after making copies in the morning I find that two armies are set up and ready for a lunch time brawl.

Airborn Elite
Moltenclaw

Vs.

Deepwurm Drow
Pelloth
Orthkurik

After lunch was over I caught the tail end and a third student jumped in with the Plauge Rat and three squads of Rat Swarms. I need more time in a day so that I can actually play too!

Also found out that one of my students ended up getting Rise of the Valkyrie, lava terrain, and a bunch of extras from Auggies (showed him the website at school) for Christmas. He was a pretty happy kid.
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:50 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Big thanks to Rocktroll who donated a set of Master Set 1 figures to our game group. He didn't even charge us for shipping!

Thanks Rocktroll, you are the nicest troll I have ever met.
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:03 PM

All the kids sure loved the RotV figures. Mimring was pretty impressive to them since I only had DnD dragons. The new figures also attracted new players.

Thanks again Rocktroll.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM

Well it is official. Next year I get to teach creative and writing and game design. I will be using Heroscape and a few other games to teach technical writing at the jr. high. I am pretty stoked about teaching this and think that the students I can lure into this will really like it.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Cool! Great job!
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:10 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Well it is official. Next year I get to teach creative and writing and game design. I will be using Heroscape and a few other games to teach technical writing at the jr. high. I am pretty stoked about teaching this and think that the students I can lure into this will really like it.
Cogratulations. It can definitely be a rigorous process for the kids, especially if you are aiming for professional grade designs.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old June 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM

pieface! is surprisingly tart

I actually brought in some 'scape to to play in flex back when school was still in. I started kind of late with only a few weeks left of school though. I set up a small map and immediately saw some interested faces. However after a few quick games it thinned out to a few kids that came back each time. All of us had a great time playing. Overall very positive response.
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:09 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I have been using custom superhero cards and also some classic Heroscape. Students love it and learn it pretty quick. I trick I have learn is using the HSaholic Ipad app for dice rolls speeds up the game and kids think its cool.
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I have been using custom superhero cards and also some classic Heroscape. Students love it and learn it pretty quick. I trick I have learn is using the HSaholic Ipad app for dice rolls speeds up the game and kids think its cool.

Nice suggestion on the Ipad app. I will definitely use that. The kids do have a tendency to roll the dice off the table all the time.
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:14 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
The kids do have a tendency to roll the dice off the table all the time.
Two words: dice tower.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
The kids do have a tendency to roll the dice off the table all the time.
Dice trays are great for this!

Dice Tray in foreground.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion