Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 27th, 2019, 07:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Justice League Dark Brainstorming

Under 200. Half the time he will have 4 Defense and no defensive power.
Expect extra testing here with so much variance.
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Under 200. Half the time he will have 4 Defense and no defensive power.
Expect extra testing here with so much variance.
That makes sense. I think he's fairly comparable to Raven but without MD. I wouldn't have a problem bumping his base defense up to 6 to keep him in that range.
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You may have to. I would suggest you start testing this one early.
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If you wanted to make the attack weirdness non-optional, you could go with something like this for the last bit: "remove a Wound Marker from this card to deal one wound to that figure, or remove a Wound Marker from that figure's card to deal one wound to Shade."

That doesn't solve the "he can't hurt people unless he's already hurt" problem, if that's an issue. I don't know if it's thematic or not for him to be vaguely pacifistic like that.

I also posted a Loma Shade design if we wanted to see what giving the other Madness Vest power a home would look like.
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is the Swamp Thing II design I posted a while back, with an update or two. People thought it might be good to workshop it more before the next voting round:

Quote:
NAME = SWAMP THING (II)

SPECIES = AVATAR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS =

When Swamp Thing is on a grass, swamp, or swamp water space, add one die to his Attack and Defense. While Swamp Thing is in his start zone, all other friendly figures on grass or swamp spaces rolling defense dice may count one blank rolled as a shield.

VINE DRAG
After moving and before attacking, if Swamp Thing was not engaged prior to moving, you may choose an opponent's non-adjacent small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 10 levels above Swamp Thing’s height or 10 levels below Swamp Thing's base. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Swamp Thing. The chosen figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.

FROM THE GREEN
When Swamp Thing is destroyed, place him on his card with exactly 5 Wound Markers. At the start of each round after Swamp Thing is destroyed, you may roll 5 combat dice. If at least 1 blank is rolled, remove X Wound Markers from Swamp Things card, where X equals the number of blanks rolled, and place Swamp Thing on an empty grass, swamp, or swamp water space or adjacent to an Evergreen or Jungle piece.

SUPER STRENGTH
Avatar of the Green is probably the power I'm most sold on. I modified From the Green to remove the -1, but also reduced the blank requirement to 1. I could see it going back to 2. I'm not super sold on Vine drag, but I think that's because I feel like there's a cooler application of his powers I'm missing somewhere.
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Like I said before, I really dig him. (like a plant, get it?) and I'm especially liking the changes you made.
-I think having him only give out bonuses while in the start zone is going to lead to some kinda lame gameplay. He's a regenerating plant colossus, let him go out and roam.
-I actually like Vine Drag, but if you're looking to replace it, maybe something to do with D20s? Him and Constantine have a pretty solid history together, after all.
-On From The Green, is the "if at least 1 Blank is rolled" language needed anymore? zif he rolls 0 blanks he's removing 0 wounds. I guess technically you would have to place him then immediately destroy him which would be a pain.
-What if he could heal while he was still alive? Maybe using the same mechanic at the end of the round?
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I also can't get excited about him not wanting to leave the start zone. I'd make that power work any time he's on a grass or swamp tile and unengaged.
Old February 28th, 2019, 12:08 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm with YK and MN here, I particularly like Avatar of the Green being active whenever Swamp Thing is on a Swamp/Grass/SwampWater and unengaged.

A good solution to From The Green would be to make him heal all the way before being replaced. I don't know how often he could come back as a weakling, unless it happens in the comics. If you're looking to replace Vine Drag with another power, especially a D20 power, Plant Animation is a power with some synergy with the Animated Vines unit that would make a whole lot of sense here and has an adjustable D20 roll.

Floronic Man
Poison Ivy (I) (II)
Animated Vines

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 28th, 2019, 05:11 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, it's not really like Groot where he regrows bit by bit, he tends to just inhabit whatever plant is around at the time

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old March 1st, 2019, 02:13 PM
Just A Head

I do have Plant Animation on my Black Orchid draft, but she’s very much in the ideas phase and I’d have no problem switching it out for something else.
Old March 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

FWIW @LordVenoc , I would be more than happy to run Swamp Thing II in my next LD slot if you want to hone in on other things such as Valiant. Deadman will start up soon but I have no pressing plans for after Bleez.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 1st, 2019, 03:14 PM
Just A Head

Are you planning in Deadman being public or private?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy