Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
How I Love the C3G: Reflections of an addict

I posted somewhere else that I can’t imagine trying to demonstrate how much I love the C3G, what it does, what it offers, what it represents. It’s true. I can’t.

But this post is an attempt to at least approach the topic, to try to begin to paint a picture about how much I love this program, how much it means to me.

The C3G is simply amazing. It took the tiny sprout of MarvelScape and turned it into a massive, integrated, and absolutely enjoyable fan-based comic reservoir of the highest quality. It made something that is incredibly fun, but also something that showed what a group of fans can do, that Scape will always have life as long as fans play it and work together to create quality, balanced, excellent resources. It is fun. It is inspirational.

The C3G came into being at just the right time, showcasing what fans can do within this game when official support ceases, it showed the strength, talent, and beauty of Scapers, including the lasting value of Heroscapers.com and fan-based Scape.

It made our community strong, vibrant, and productive at the perfect moment. Paved the way for more fan-based work (like, of course, the C3V that also means so much to me). It helped give fans like me a strong core, a foundation, a sure-footed way into integrated customs.

But for all the C3G means to me as a Scaper, for all the fun of the game, the quality of the cards, the beauty of the work, the enjoyment of skillful scenarios, the innovations of the rulebooks that created something that felt that much more like a comicverse, the massive quantity and absolute quality of what is offered here online, the real value of the C3G is in my own home. In what it means to just a couple of other people in the whole world, what it means to me and my sons.

To us it is so much more:

When I mentioned this contest to my sons, the chance (the challenge!) to try to demonstrate what the C3G meant to me, well, they immediately wanted to be part of it, too. They wanted to share what it meant to them—what it means to us.

My 7 year old started trying to compose a song--he went to bed that night, humming and playing with words, trying to say what SuperScape meant to him. For some reason, he made it to the tune of O Christmas Tree--here’s how it goes (I only wish you could hear him belting it out like only a 7 year old can, screechy, loud, enthusiastic, full of joy):

Quote:
O SuperScape (to O Christmas Tree)

O, SuperScape, O, SuperScape
How wonderful are you!
Not only DC, but Marvel too
I love them both the same.
O, SuperScape, O, SuperScape,
How Wonderful are you!
My 5 year old also wanted to join in and wrote this poem/song:

Quote:
SuperheroScape

Superhero from DC and Marvel.
SuperheroScape.
And this is a good game, of course.
I love you SuperheroScape!
I love HeroScape.
He also drew this picture:

(Notice that he separates the "DC Battle" from the "Marvel" one. My favorite part is the Thing up there by Human Torch. Why is he so high in the air, you ask, well, "He just jumped off a building, Dad!" Mr. Fantastic is squeezed along the side and the Invisible Woman is half erased--"She's disappearing!" . Man, I love my kids! I love how much they love these cool comic characters--thanks, C3G!)

My 7 year old also wrote one more song:

Quote:
I Love SuperHeroes (to Ten Little Indians)

Batman, Superman, Hawkman, Colossus,
Hulk, Nightcrawler, Rhino, Joker, Juggernaut
I love them all!
It, like the others, is careful signed at the bottom. A masterpiece in his eyes.

How much they love the C3G dwarfs any love I have for it--and at the same time magnifies my love a thousand-fold. I love it because every time I see a new card, every time I see a figure, or even a comic book or animated show, I think of my boys, how much love they generate and share related to this game, to these incredible, heartfelt comic custom creations--the C3G.

--

We have spent hours upon hours playing SuperScape. My kids come home and play on the maps I leave set up. (They're careful to know if a game/map is in progress or idle—and prefer it when they are idle!).

I never know what I’ll come home to:

Erik took a break from Wii, when I got home to run and show me the X-Men battle in progress! (Across two maps, of course--even a partially disassembled one, which makes it that much more fun. When units die on one maps, they "jump" to the other, are reborn and begin the battle there--yes, these are battles that never end, the units just move from one to the other and back again over and over...)

I also find, in my office, in odd corners here or there, things like this:

This is also Erik. Every spare piece, spare pawn, spare odd figure becomes part of a mini-diorama of SuperScape.

The way they light up when they play SuperScape is addictive. The pure joy they find in trying out heroes or mixing units in odd ways (at times) or being deeply strictured another day and only playing X-Men who are in the Wolverine and X-Men series. They can spend hours in my office, creating epic games and stories. Sometimes they roll dice and play with the rules, sometimes it’s just freeplay and "make up a story" time.

Here is the picture that they wanted to share to show how much they enjoy the C3G--Erik had to grab Brennan's old Batman costume and Brennan put on his Marvel shirt. (Sorry, I'm a lame, non-tech guy, so this is sideways )

One more shot, after they added "everything we have!":

I’m a little sad that the Wii (Mom thought we should get one...) has interrupted our play, so we don’t play every single day, like we did most of last year, but we still play and they repeatedly ask, “When can we play SuperScape?” or “When are we going to try the game where you are Master Mold, Dad?” or “I want to try out Destiny with Magneto, won’t that be awesome!”

One last point:

They have a chart they fill out each day, to be sure they’re doing all their little jobs and tasks around the house:

And when they finish a set of jobs, they get a star (or smiley). When they have a good attitude all day, they get a star/smiley.

And what are those stars for? You guessed it: SuperScape and the C3G!

They turn in 20 stars to earn a new figure. When they’re acting up, I just say, “You know that cool Ghost Rider mini I just picked up? If you can get all your things done and stay focused, you can get him. Just 5 more stars to go!” And they’ll sober up, get their lunch made, the cat fed, and their backpacks put away.

I love it when they come running up as I walk in the door, “I have 17 stars, Dad! I can get Nick Fury tomorrow if I’m good all day and get my things done!”

Here's their current little "box of prizes":

(Yeah, they're looking ahead to good things to come!)

Simply, the C3G is one of the very best things that ever happened to Heroscapers.com; it is a powerhouse of innovative, balanced, deeply fun designs; it is the groundbreaker that helped make the C3V possible; it is pure and deeply entertaining fun; it is a remarkably effective motivation for my kids to be some of the best little boys I know; but mostly it is a highlight of my week when I get to play with my boys, it is my thing to do with them that we all equally love!

I love the C3G. I love what it was done for Heroscapers.com, what it was done for my family (esp. my little buddies), what it has done for my relationship with my kids!

I can’t find the best way to say it, but I’ll just say it one more time: I love the C3G!

Last edited by 1Mmirg; February 29th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: How I Love the C3G: Reflections of an addict

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I really must ask, do they like Classic Scape at all?

Awesomne amount of figures, btw. I'm happy that they enjoy the game so much, no matter the form.
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm amazed that C3G has had such an impact on your day to day life!
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:03 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This one seriously made me tear up a bit.

Love the pics your kids drew! You guys must have so much fun!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I smiled, laughed, reflected, almost cried (that is impossible for me), and just thoroughly enjoyed the sentiment behind the post. I guess I should say thanks, I guess, but honestly, I just feel privileged to be a part of C3G right now.

Much love to to you, 1Mmirg, and the to the rest of C3G and this community as well.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Thank you for all that you do with us.

(I don't think I can rep this man enough.)

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:20 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Amazing post 1mmirg, I do not have the right words to relay the thoughts I have about your family and C3G. It is awesome that it has had this big effect.

to the C3G, you guys rock

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; March 1st, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:12 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dangit! I think there's something in the corners of both my eyes.

You really said it all just in that first picture but you kept going and said everything so well. Thank you for that post. It is truly inspiring. I love sharing in the joy of parenthood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:19 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Awesome! You have a very lucky family!
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Two Words - Blown. Away.

That was epic.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:47 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

This is awesome. Way to go 1Mmrig!
Old March 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Much respect. One of the best posts I have read, ever.
Very touching.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy