Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 21st, 2016, 06:02 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokemon Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Awesome, thanks @mac122

I nicknamed my eevee rainer and I finally got my first vaporeon.

Also, found a very interesting article about the meta of pokemon go. They review tiers based on cp, good defending pokemon, attack speeds, and a few other topics.

It seems like they just go off of HP for their gym defender tiers, I guess the defender meta is literally about stalling the battle timer out, which I believe gives the gym defenders the win. Makes sense given that in any decently competitive area, the attackers will almost always win in a straight up fight.

Fast attacking moves seem to also be stronger than slower ones. I've read people suggesting using primary attacks with no more damage than 10, to give you time to hit 2-4 times and then dodge your opponent's attack. Attack speed in general has a much bigger effect on DPS than damage per hit, I guess.

Lapras, Vaporeon, and Snorlax are rated very highly all around, likely due to high hp and access to fast attacks like water gun and lick.
Yeah, it's Vaporeon meta right now. Vaporeon actually takes down Jolteon and Electabuzz. How many other pokes can take down their type weakness so easily?

Also, Exeggutor is great at holding gyms. Not taking them, though.
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Chansey sounds incredible. All Chansey, all the time.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:28 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The Rainer Sparky and Pyro trick is rumored to only work once, or if you only have one Rainer Sparky or Pyro in your inventory. I used it for one Vaporeon and have been saving candies for a later Eevee. I'll share results later.

Type weaknesses are much less extreme in this game. It's only 1.25x damage instead of 2x in the normal. Water types in general are super broken, since the Electric types are really bad and the grass types are hard to get.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:39 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
The Rainer Sparky and Pyro trick is rumored to only work once, or if you only have one Rainer Sparky or Pyro in your inventory. I used it for one Vaporeon and have been saving candies for a later Eevee. I'll share results later.

Type weaknesses are much less extreme in this game. It's only 1.25x damage instead of 2x in the normal. Water types in general are super broken, since the Electric types are really bad and the grass types are hard to get.
I've also had the nicknames fail. I've read that it does work for your first nickname, but fails after that. However, I've also read that if you try the same nickname multiple times for the same eeveelution, it fails. I recently had success with making a rainer vaporeon, then a sparky jolteon, then a rainer vaporeon again. I will continue alternating until I see if fail.

More on the point of weaknesses: Yea they flubbed hard here. The rock paper scissors system is garbage when the stat system is broken in favor of bulky, slow pokemon. What @vegietarian18 says seems true; I hear super effective multiplier is 1.25, not very effective is .75 or .8, and STAB mulitplier is also 1.25. STAB is Same Type Attack Bonus, applies when a pokemon of a type uses his own type move. This is in the handhelds, but applies a fifty percent damage bonus. Example: Charizard is Fire/Flying, gains STAB whenever he uses a fire type move like ember or a flying type move like wing attack.

So, firstly: STAB literally gets the same bonus as super effective, making it much better to just use STAB attacks instead of coverage moves in this game. This is probably part of why vaporeon is so broke: it can ONLY have water moves. I hear the multipliers stack in this game to increase your damage by what, 56-ish percent? STAB and super effective stacks in handheld for 3x damage (2 times 1.5,) so it makes sense.

Second: Why/How stats are derived the way they are in this game. I read the cp formula is based on the stats of pokes in the handheld. HOWEVER, it takes something like most of hp (I guess 50-70 percent,) 43 percent of attack stats and defense stats into consideration, but ONLY 4 PERCENT OF SPEED! This would explain why electric types (as well as gengar and alakazam) suck, they are special sweepers: high speed and high special attack used to pressure opponents, but frail hp and defenses. This also explains why slow arse tanky things like snorlax, vaporeon, and lapras are at the top of the food chain.

Third: Attack speed seems to be super important, and is attached to the move itself, not the pokemon using it. Spend 3 minutes reading this attack speed and dps chart to see again why water types with water gun are broken along with frost breath lapras and lick snorlax. The attack speed AND damage (and therefore DPS) difference between water gun and thunder shock is freaking huge. It's no wonder how vaporeon spanks electric types.

This is more of a pointer than anything: don't train up bug or poison types (except maybe Muk,) they have terrible rock paper scissors coverage, and most have bad cp. Also, avoid grass/poison types that only know poison moves. If you get grass/poison types with two grass moves, they are way better off.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:50 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It finally worked last night - or it was dumb luck.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:45 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
It finally worked last night - or it was dumb luck.
Mine worked 3/4. Only failed when I tried to go back for another Vaporeon. Could be dumb luck, but there seems to be some merit to it....for some odd reason.
Old July 30th, 2016, 02:02 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure where to post this but I figured you guys could help me. My 8 year old discovered Pokemon about a year ago and though he doesn't really know how to play the actual game yet (we are both learning since no one in the family grew up with Pokemon and all his friends are also he likes to collect the cards.

Anyway he lost a tooth the other night and when I...excuse me, when the Tooth Fairy collected his tooth and dropped off the customary (in our household) gold $1 coin we found this note wrapped around the tooth. It was so cute we decided to see what we could do since his birthday is in a couple months and we thought his elf on a shelf could make an appearance on the Tooth Fairy's behalf to deliver his request. However I can't seem to figure out what he's asking for since he's obviously misspelled it but I can't exactly ask him...

So any help here with the translation and is this guy a hard to find or expensive one?

I think it's so important to us because we realize this is probably the last year of the Tooth Fairy and Elf on the Shelf for our guy as he's getting older so we want to squeeze in one more magical moment for him.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 30th, 2016, 02:10 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Google Fu

This is what I was able to find.

Looked like it was 2.99 on Troll and Toad. No idea if this is precisely what he wants since there were a couple variants.

~Dysole, who knows way less about the minutiae of Pokemon than you'd think from talking to her
Old July 30th, 2016, 09:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ground Onyx?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 30th, 2016, 09:42 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think @Dysole nailed it. Groudon is a "legendary" pokemon, it is likely what your kid wants. Groudon EX card.

Pokemon Go: There was a server update yesterday evening: moves were buffed/nerfed. Most notably, lick, water gun, and frost breath were reduced in power. Many of the charge up moves were buffed in power, especially the single huge bar ones, like earthquake and hydro pump. Also, pokemon nests were changed. There is a chance that you will find new pokes near your area regularly now.
Old July 31st, 2016, 06:09 PM

Wow, they took the footstep system out completely, as well as taking pokevision and other third party apps down. I guess you don't get exp for "great, excellent" throws anymore. They reduced (by 50 percent) your "ping" circle that comes out of your character that tells you how close you need to be to reach gyms/pokestops and flushes the pokes out and onto your screen to be tapped for capture.

To top it all off, I hear niantic disabled their social media and/or email accounts.

Very disappointing. I think they are trying to make history two times in a month: biggest downloaded mobile app and biggest uninstalled mobile app.
Old July 31st, 2016, 06:14 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Wow, they took the footstep system out completely, as well as taking pokevision and other third party apps down. I guess you don't get exp for "great, excellent" throws anymore. They reduced (by 50 percent) your "ping" circle that comes out of your character that tells you how close you need to be to reach gyms/pokestops and flushes the pokes out and onto your screen to be tapped for capture.

To top it all off, I hear niantic disabled their social media and/or email accounts.

Very disappointing. I think they are trying to make history two times in a month: biggest downloaded mobile app and biggest uninstalled mobile app.
That stinks! I figured that they would do a little nerfing here and there but this seem extreme.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games