Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 13th, 2018, 10:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Question (Vic Sage) – Initial Playtesting

I appreciate the sentiments. I know a lot of heroes are MIA for various reasons right now, and I really don't mind running a couple more games, especially with smaller armies. I'm The OM requirement is definitely staying, so I'll see where he feels and look to move to public after those games. I was feeling his weakness quite strongly after my first test and it felt like a few others were too, but he may prove his worth yet.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Question (Vic Sage) – Initial Playtesting

Here are my games, tested with this version of the power:

MASTER DETECTIVE
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may choose any Order Marker on an adjacent figure’s Army Card and reveal it. If you choose a numbered Order Marker, you may remove it from that Army Card. If you choose an “X” Order Marker, that figure rolls 2 fewer defense dice when attacked by Question this turn, or 3 fewer defense dice if it is a Criminal or Crime Lord.

It's the same as before with the Order Marker restriction and the addition of Crime Lords. I meant to add the Crime Lords into the effect range earlier when we were discussing his lore, but forgot about it until a bit ago.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: QUESTION (Vic Sage)

Army Test
Map: Sulfur Swamp
Units: Question (140), Ozymandius (200), The Riddler (140), Joker I (190), Harley Quinn (130) = 800 VS. Nightwing (200), Raven (190), Cyborg I (200), Tempest (210) = 800
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sulfur Swamp
Units: Question (130), Ozymandius (200), Joker I (190), Carnage (280) = 800 VS. Two-Face II (170), Penguin II (140), Lex Luthor II (280), Bad Cops x1 (55), Street Thugs x2 (150) = 795
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 140 is definitely feeling right for me now. Question was useful in both games, but not overwhelmingly so. All of his powers saw decent use even when the armies had lots of other things going on. The first game was quite a smash with Riddler adding an additional layer of damage to opposing turns, but the brutal powerhouse of Carnage in the second game was a challenge that was not insurmountable for the criminals. It's rare that Master Detective hits the X and Question rolls well on his attack, but one well-placed shot can mean a lot given that Question can get into a good position fairly easily with Phantom Walk and his Smoke Pellets.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: (fill in here)
140 really feels like a good place for him now. Any thoughts I had about his weaknesses from my Initial were mitigated by these games, where he felt useful but not overbearing in smaller games. I would now like to propose a move to Public Playtesting at 140 points.

Old June 14th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Question (Vic Sage) – Vote for Playtesting

I would like to see one test in a smaller game where you can get a feel for his value but it isn't being inflated by high-level OM manipulators. I recognise he needs to be priced in accordance with them, but if the discrepancy between using him in those, unthematic pairings and using him normally is great enough that he's not worth drafting without Joker, I'd consider this an issue.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I would like to see one test in a smaller game where you can get a feel for his value but it isn't being inflated by high-level OM manipulators. I recognise he needs to be priced in accordance with them, but if the discrepancy between using him in those, unthematic pairings and using him normally is great enough that he's not worth drafting without Joker, I'd consider this an issue.
I agree that we need to hit that, but I think it's fair to do in public testing, not the initial.

yea to public testing
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

A little late here, but with the OM requirement bit added I don't really have any CRB concerns with the OM removal power.

I would say he needs to be at least 150 points though just for all the useful features of double smoke pellets. Like beyond being a really good protector for Red Skull and such, you can also just use Vic as a super cheap way to 'carry' 6 people up six spaces on turn one by targeting him for attacks yourself. That's honestly probably what I'd use him for the most actually and it's kinda broken, which probably isn't where you want the design at. Might want to see if the Smoke Pellets can get an errata so they only work against enemy figures, as that would nip most of the problem in the bud.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
you can also just use Vic as a super cheap way to 'carry' 6 people up six spaces on turn one by targeting him for attacks yourself.
I did not think that attacking your own figures was allowed in Heroscape. I know it was a really weird pill to swallow when Summoner Wars was coming out as people slowly started killing their own units for Magic Points, but Heroscape seems like the kind of game without any intentional reason to allow that.

Old June 14th, 2018, 09:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yea for public PTing at 140. We can have someone try out that 'attack your own figures' strategy and adjust as we go along.
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:20 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
you can also just use Vic as a super cheap way to 'carry' 6 people up six spaces on turn one by targeting him for attacks yourself.
I did not think that attacking your own figures was allowed in Heroscape. I know it was a really weird pill to swallow when Summoner Wars was coming out as people slowly started killing their own units for Magic Points, but Heroscape seems like the kind of game without any intentional reason to allow that.
Attacking your own figures has always been a thing in Heroscape, DW 9000 and Krug are two super early examples of times when it can be a useful tactic. It's why they had to do an errata/ running change on the Deathreavers. There does seem to be some weird thing where a lot people thought it wasn't allowed/ decided it was somehow 'wrong' to do so, but it is a perfectly valid part of Heroscape.

My Etsy Store
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I think attacking your own figures is just something that doesn't enter into a lot of people's thinking, much of the time, so they end up thinking it's not allowed.

I'd be fine with retconning the smoke pellets. I'm sure pod movement wasn't part of their intended (or tested) behavior.
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, I think attacking your own figures is just something that doesn't enter into a lot of people's thinking, much of the time, so they end up thinking it's not allowed.

I'd be fine with retconning the smoke pellets. I'm sure pod movement wasn't part of their intended (or tested) behavior.

Agreed, lets just update the smoke pellets and be done with this issue.
Old June 14th, 2018, 11:43 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
See, it's kind of funny because attacking your own stuff is something I'm pretty much always factoring in, but because of that I tend to assume that when a design allows for it it's an intentional feature when it seems like 90% of the time it isn't (in the C3G anyway). I really should start paying more attention there and assume people are just forgetting about it I guess.

That's really a facet of the hardest part of the whole CRB thing for me. The vast majority of 'super secret combos' and such I warn about are things that are to me pretty obvious (that's my mutant power I guess), so sometimes I just straight up forget to mention them. I should probably just come up with my own little checklist to run for each design or something.

My Etsy Store
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Dysole is awesome at making checklists.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library