Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 26th, 2016, 11:26 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Moltenclaw is a single hex figure and his wings stick pretty far up
And yet the "get behind its head" still works - if his wings block LOS then he does not have LOS.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 27th, 2016, 05:32 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
And yet the "get behind its head" still works - if his wings block LOS then he does not have LOS.

~Z
What does tbat mean? Does it also mean get infront of his head?
Old October 27th, 2016, 10:32 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Porkins was kidding, guys... Moltenclaw's wings never block his line of sight because he's a single-base figure and can spin around to see his target during his turn.
Old October 27th, 2016, 11:01 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Correct, thanks Sherman Davies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

~Z
What does tbat mean? Does it also mean get infront of his head?
The get behind his head thing is one of the elements of heroscape that most hobby gamers find kiddy about our game. Yeah, you basically position your eye behind the figure to sort of try to see from his head to the intended target.

Closing one eye helps but checking LOS can be a bit wonky:

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 27th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hmm. Are you sure you weren't just nodding off in the middle of the game?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 27th, 2016, 12:37 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

And using a string and/or ruler is one of the elements of most wargamers that I find jerkassy about those games. Normally I always err on the side that you can see and attack a figure if there is ever a questionable decision, whether attacking or defending. However, I know I have been a stickler on Q9/Q10 in tournaments where people try to use the special attack to shoot in front of and behind them and never knew the rules that you can't (which is understandable since even IMHO the FAQ is not even that clear and most people don't think to question it anyway to pay that close attention to the FAQ), and I kinda feel like a jerk telling them that they have been playing wrong, but usually I will let them redo a move or even switch an order marker since not knowing the right rules affected that incorrectly as well.
Old October 27th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
a string and/or ruler is one of the elements of most wargamers that I find jerkassy
I could not have said it better myself. Nail on the head.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Me 2, I lol'ed.
Old October 27th, 2016, 01:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Back when we played with huge crazy maps that were hard to move figures around in, I had a laser pointer we used to look through all the different walls and LOS blockers. Nowadays I don't build maps that crazy generally, and if there is a benefit of a doubt I tell my opponent to roll the attack anyway.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 4th, 2016, 08:11 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Is Revenent's Tome temporary or permanent? I guess I'm asking if it gets destroyed after being used?
Old November 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Is Revenent's Tome temporary or permanent? I guess I'm asking if it gets destroyed after being used?
Good question!

I found this text from the Glyph list
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5384
Quote:

Ancient Artifact Treasure Glyphs:

Revenant’s Tome

This figure may use this tome after revealing an order marker on its Army Card. Before taking that turn with this figure, Place one previously destroyed Unique figure from your Army onto any empty space(s) within 5 clear sight spaces of this figure. Immediately make a normal attack with the placed figure, then immediately destroy the placed figure. While the placed figure is on the board consider all of its special powers to be negated. The placed figure is considered to have a life of 1, and is not affected by any special powers on any Army Card or Glyph while on the board. (Heroes of Fallcrest)
Personally, I always thought of it as a one-shot but it doesn't say that you can't use it more than once.

As an Ancient Artifact, any Army can never control more than one copy of each type of Ancient Artifact.
Old November 4th, 2016, 09:36 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This list puts it in the Temporary Treasure Glyph category. I don't know how officially that is though.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's