Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 20th, 2019, 01:53 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing: Arena of the Valkyrie: New Master Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Scy said he didn’t mind his list being used here. I’d be happy to do a first editing pass, should he choose to PM me said list. Or I could forward it to whoever is PL on whatever unit.
I am quite experienced running designs through the checklist. I can do so here as well.
Old June 20th, 2019, 06:54 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That would be wonderful if you could, Scy. We'll just have to decide when a unit is ready for it.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:28 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
That would be wonderful if you could, Scy. We'll just have to decide when a unit is ready for it.
The checklist is a big help. In a similar fashion to C3V, we'll vote our way forward from design to editing to testing to art to finalization.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 21st, 2019, 11:21 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the offer and help, Scytale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The checklist is a big help. In a similar fashion to C3V, we'll vote our way forward from design to editing to testing to art to finalization.
It would be useful to clearly establish those steps for people unfamiliar with C3V. Adding a clear multi-step process where everyone can see it would be healthy for the project.

This is how I understand that it'll proceed:

Design Phase:
Pod members contribute ideas and settle on a design. They then vote to have an Editing check.

We need to decide what percentage of the vote is needed for a unit to pass through the design phase.

Editing Phase:
The editing checklist is run for the unit, and any potential issues are identified and brought up. The pod must either resolve substantial issues and pass the Editing check, or return to the Design Phase if the issues are too deeply routed.

Testing Phase:
After the unit successfully passes the Editing checklist, it is opened for official playtesting. All pod members will run playtests for the unit (outside members are also encouraged to run playtests), prioritizing its individual balance.

I think that we should have a minimum number of required playtests here, with members voting after that threshold is reached whether they want to push the unit forward or continue testing for any uncertainties.

Second Testing Phase:
Similar to the first Testing Phase, this stage focuses on collecting playtests, but prioritizes the set as a whole. This would also be a good time to run scenarios from AotV once we have them, and to just generally ensure that the set is fun to play on its own.

I don't think that this needs to be as long as the main playtesting step, since we're not trying to ensure complete balance so much as our set feeling great together, but it's important nonetheless. It could still use a minimum threshold for playtests, with a vote to determine when a unit is ready.

Art Phase:
The final card is made. Any errors on the card are identified and removed.

Final Review:
This could be combined with the end of the second playtesting phase, since that's likely to involve all PLs anyway, but we should have a final vote from beyond the pod around a unit before it is finalized, looking at the unit on its own in addition to its place within the set. I think that this should be done before art is made for the card to avoid any potential time wastes, but it's unlikely that a design would fail at this stage anyway, and it would be nice to roll an art approval and final vote together to save time, so the two places are interchangeable.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:34 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
It would be useful to clearly establish those steps for people unfamiliar with C3V. Adding a clear multi-step process where everyone can see it would be healthy for the project.
Yes, @Pumpkin_King please add the process to the welcome thread.

Quote:
We need to decide what percentage of the vote is needed for a unit to pass through the design phase.
It was back in the Discord somewhere, but I think it was votes should pass with a majority (so 4 yea votes for 7 member Pods).

Quote:
I think that we should have a minimum number of required playtests here, with members voting after that threshold is reached whether they want to push the unit forward or continue testing for any uncertainties.
I mentioned two dozen elsewhere. Don't think it was set in stone, though.

Quote:
I don't think that this needs to be as long as the main playtesting step, since we're not trying to ensure complete balance so much as our set feeling great together, but it's important nonetheless. It could still use a minimum threshold for playtests, with a vote to determine when a unit is ready.
Agreed. There are a limited number of units in the set, so tests with as much variety as possible should do the trick, without necessarily having as large a minimum.

Quote:
it would be nice to roll an art approval and final vote together to save time, so the two places are interchangeable.
Final Approval can go before Art not to waste Art's time, but Art still needs a vote just to make sure there aren't any "site" or "Solider" errors.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 22nd, 2019, 04:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yessir. I’ll do that when I’m on desktop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs