Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 13th, 2018, 08:34 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Leatherface (Public Playtesting)

Looking solid if not a little high at 105. He hasn't amounted to a ton of damage, despite game one's lucky Massacres.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 13th, 2018, 08:44 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

He’s done decent damage in most games, so I’m not concerned there at all. His life drop won’t affect that as long as you can manage 2 attacks and they aren’t filled with blanks. Once you get Pinhead and Herbert involved, bringing him back for more will be useful. A team filled with people you don’t want to ignore will also benefit him. Do you go for Jason engaging you and dealing wounds if you end your turn next to him, Freddy once he’s on the table to get him out, Chucky who may be dealing an additional wound, Michael who’s building up his stalking, Leatherface the guy with the deadliest attack, Pinhead who’s allowing multi-turns and slowly bringing them back, or West who can potential bring one back at the end of the round etc.

The whole faction was aimed at people you don’t want to let hang around. Sort of the same for the Fantastic Four.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Pretty soon they'll be the Slashtastic Seven.
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

- Theme Test - Inconclusive - I don't know the character, but he feels fun. One thing I am wondering, though - would it be a good idea to bump his Life to 5 and drop his Defence to 3? Gives less of a sense of ‘generally decent fighter' and more ‘doesn't care about defending himself but can keep trucking through taking hits' - don't know the character, but I'd guess he's more the latter than the former, thematically, though I'm open to being corrected. Also, it's a bit more interesting and distinct - 4/4 is, justifiably, almost a little overused at this stage, whereas 5/3 isn't used that much (can't think of anyone off hand) and therefore, IMO, more interesting and distinctive. I'd like to see a little more statistic variation in the game, honestly.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass
- Nothing yet, but Pinhead'll give him some synergy.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Pretty much the above, Chucky ain't breaking everything.
- Power Check - Pass - With his main offensive power being an SA, there's very little you can do to exploit him.
- Fun Test - Pass - Just savagely taking a chainsaw to an enemy hero’s face is loads of fun - that SA is pretty bloody devastating.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - It's hard to get frustrated by someone this squashable.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Absolutely, whether with Hawkeye or Robot for mobility and positioning, Pinhead for resurrection and activation synergy or in basically any army as a bit of deadly filler.
- Usage Test - Pass - I was pleasantly surprised to see his Demoralising Presence come into play a couple of times. Honestly, it's not his powers that aren't getting used, it's his normal attack - though I can see employing that against something you're pretty much certain to kill either way to avoid the potential self-wounding of Chainsaw Massacre.
- Strategy Test - Pass - He’s not going to last long - making sure you make the most of the attacks you get with him is reasonably strategic, as can be trying to keep him alive for a while to make the most of him.

Name Of The Playtest Units: Leatherface

Army Test 1
Map: Avernus by Typhon 2222 (no glyphs)
Armies:
Hawkeye (Skycycle), Leatherface (125), Michael Myres (420 points)

vs.
Songbird, Parasite (420 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Invasion (no glyphs)
Armies;
Robot, Leatherface (105), Mister Zsasz, Vertigo, Angel (Warren Worthington III), Chucky, 2x Skrull Infiltrators (700 points)
vs.
Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (700 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Map: Aurora by superfrog (no glyphs)
Armies:
Hawkeye (Skycycle), Leatherface (105), Black Cat (400 points)

vs.
Omega Red, Armor (400 points)

Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts On The Tested Unit:

Once again, I’ve already said everything - I love this guy! Tell you something, he'll last about 2.5 seconds against one, but he'll scare the crap out of Kryptonians while he's there!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:55 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

1 win and 1 loss. Both pretty close. Thanks for the tests!
Old September 16th, 2018, 02:53 AM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Leatherface

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Leatherface(105), Deadshot(150), Ms. Marvel(350) (605)
vs.
Cyclops II(240), Angel(90), Cable(275) (605)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Leatherface(105), Ms. Marvel(350), Jason(175), Angel(90) (720)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Moon Knight(150), Firestar(120) (720)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
Units:
Leatherface(100), Valkyrie(350), Ms. Marvel(350) (800)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Nebula(240), Gamora(310) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Leatherface is feeling pretty good with 4 life. He may be coming in slightly under 105 now actually, but we'll see what the tests shake out to overall. Not against him coming in at 95 all said and done, as I think overall he's playing as he should, very much swinging for the fences dealing potential decent damage but killing himself in the process.
Old September 16th, 2018, 03:12 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any desire to go with Chainsaw Massacre Special Attack for the name just for reusability sake?
Old September 16th, 2018, 03:22 AM

I actually changed it to Chainsaw Massacre to avoid re-usability. I doubt another figure would want to have a power that harms themselves as it does, so I figured leaving just Chainsaw Special Attack for a future mechanic done differently might be beneficial. The other reason is because I try to throw in some call outs and nods to the films, and with it being the only power on his card with that, I felt it appropriate as all the other Slashers have something akin to their franchise.
Old September 16th, 2018, 03:23 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fair enough I had thought about a Dark Deadpool design once before but came up empty with anything besides a chainsaw SA.
Old September 18th, 2018, 01:55 PM

Games in from Aelxan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507
Leatherface playtest #1Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Ms Marvel, Leatherface, Ryu vs Nightwing, Starfire, Raven

Spoiler Alert!

Leatherface Playtest #2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Ms Marvel, Leatherface, Ryu Vs Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jewel

Spoiler Alert!

So from these two games I reckon Leatherface at 100 or 105 points seems fair, the Chainsaw Massacre attack's high damage potential is pretty evident from the first game, and Demoralizing Presence can be very helpful. His lack of real defensive ability means he has a hard time sustaining himself in a fight, and as shown by the second game, that Chainsaw special can also be a huge drawback since he took off half his own life with it and was promptly finished off by high power close range attacks.

105 seems fair for a character with a special with high damage potential but a significant risk to himself, as he doesn't tend to last long against heavier duty characters
Looks like in total at 105 with 4 life and 4 defense he went 2-2(one of the wins he did nothing but die), then at 100 he went 0-3.

I'm fine with 105, but he may be more accurate at 95. Probably could have had him at 5 defense and still hit 105 since he seems to be hurting himself quite often, so perhaps that's an option. Thoughts?
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:16 PM

Re: The Book of Leatherface (Public Play)

I propose a vote to move to Final Editing.
@Ronin can I get a wording check? Thanks.

Ronin - yea
johnny - yea
IamBatman - yea
Scapemage - yea

Last edited by Arkham; September 19th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Leatherface (Vote for Final Editing)

I don't feel the defense up is necessary. I'd be okay with him at 95 but perhaps even 90 or 85 would do given the results.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library